Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weird PP in-play odds (Baseball)

• 26-06-2012 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭

Was looking at the live betting page on PP, and it seems something is up with their Baseball odds.

Every now and the Pittsburgh Pirates vs Philadelphia Phillies game is popping up with the pre-game odds (1.66), even though Phillies are up by 4.

Obviously, it is still early in the game, and the Phillies could go on to lose, but having a bet at the pre-game odds with the team already +4 up seems decent.

It popped up for me three times in the last few minutes, and it was there when I started writing this, but it's now gone again.

Sure, 1.66 is not the greatest odds in the world - but it might be something someone could take advantage of if it pops up again

The best odds other bookies are offering right now is 1.08 .

edit - this has not popped up again in the last 10 minutes, likely meaning they fixed it, thus making this thread a bit useless. Sorry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

"emmurfee" must be on duty for tonights baseball so. homer simpson wud do a better job of the american sports. go to bet365 as they offer much better markets..hits in current innings etc..pp offer the bare minimum and have eijits in charge anyways...odds are suspended half the time anyways

u will be paid out at 1/12 id imagine mate...let us know how u get on but id imagine they will settle at 1/12 as per usual...and if ur bet loses well- they will always settle it as a loser...they will only change the odds after the event is over..happens all the time not worth doing those bets mate..u only stand to win very little and stand to lose a lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

ianburke wrote: »
    u will be paid out at 1/12 id imagine mate...let us know how u get on but id imagine they will settle at 1/12 as per usual...and if ur bet loses well- they will always settle it as a loser...they will only change the odds after the event is over..happens all the time not worth doing those bets mate..u only stand to win very little and stand to lose a lot more

Not good news, forgot they could alter odds afterwards.

Phillies seem to be doing well still (5 up), so I'll toss in an update in regards to the (possible) payout later.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

I'd bet they will pay out they odds you took. Bookies make mistakes if they didn't would we be betting.

lol are u serious...OP i reckon they prob paid u out at 1/20 or something?i had a few quid on the yankees at 4/6 when they were 2 up.got paid out at 1/7 eventhough they were 1/3 at the time

• Advertisement

just checked my email...i only had 12 on yankees at 4/6 but i guess they settled them as i predicted

Hi Customer,

Due to a technical problem, the price displayed on the (Baseball Betting In Running on Cleveland @ Yankees, Toronto @ Boston, Pit @ Phi Stl @ Mia, Various markets) were incorrect. In accordance with our rules, we are obliged to correct these odds with the correct odds.

Our rules state:

'We cannot allow for mistakes, nor accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing, or marking of prices, runners, times or result, despite every effort to ensure their accuracy. Paddy Power reserves the right to correct any obvious errors'.

'If there are any blatant errors in prices transmitted bets will be settled at the correct price at the time of acceptance or the Starting Price (where applicable) whichever is the greater. We also reserve the right to void any bets where there has been a blatant error in prices'.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. For a complete list of our betting rules please consult the help menu on the Paddy Power homepage.

If you have any further queries please click here to avail of our Live Help or send us a Tweet to @AskPaddyPower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

lol are u serious...OP i reckon they prob paid u out at 1/20 or something?i had a few quid on the yankees at 4/6 when they were 2 up.got paid out at 1/7 eventhough they were 1/3 at the time

You obviously weren't around for the Crystal Palace saga, Palace were 125/1 +1 to be winning at half time in at 0-0 in the 40th min. Lot of people on here made a few grand off it. Mistakes do happen and can go undetected, I won a few hundred off a Ladbrokes mistake a month ago, Athletico Madrid priced up at 13/2 for ht/ft when they were supposed to be 8/13. It happens.

Yep, I got paid out at the terrible odds, and some rubbish about the bet been void in My Account. Got the email too.

Still €2 up though :P

not bad tino. they nearly always seem to do that on pp.theyve a guy doing the american sports and he is clueless..he will alter the bets if u back an evens shot when it shud be 4/6 or 4/7 and signs the betlsip with void bet "emmurfee".hell probably stop that now lol.anytime there is a problem with the american sports ill always throw 2 euro on a market and sure enough void bet emmurfee wud pop up! as i said before homer simpson wud do a better job. i bet on 365 anymore as im not limited there and they have the most amount of markets on american sports in play that ive ever seen.odds always better than pp too...ateam wud be 1/66 on pp but u wud get them about 1/16 or 1/20 with them.limited to 1% on pp at the moment.anyways at least ur selection won and hopefully the didnt limit u!!

yesno1234 wrote: »
    You obviously weren't around for the Crystal Palace saga, Palace were 125/1 +1 to be winning at half time in at 0-0 in the 40th min. Lot of people on here made a few grand off it. Mistakes do happen and can go undetected, I won a few hundred off a Ladbrokes mistake a month ago, Athletico Madrid priced up at 13/2 for ht/ft when they were supposed to be 8/13. It happens.

ya mate i was there for that.they paid out over a grand to me.problem was when i logged in the next morning it was all taken back lol.the people who made money off it were the ones who withdrew straight away when they paid out.i had no laser card on account and was going to take out 500 in the shop the next day.often pp will pay out when the market is determined and then void bets later on.

• Advertisement

ya mate i was there for that.they paid out over a grand to me.problem was when i logged in the next morning it was all taken back lol.the people who made money off it were the ones who withdrew straight away when they paid out.i had no laser card on account and was going to take out 500 in the shop the next day.often pp will pay out when the market is determined and then void bets later on.

Yeah that's why you have to withdraw straight away, although I didn't withdraw for the Ladbrokes one until the following morning. Account was closed over it though.

Never knew about the Crystal Palace thing till now. Now there is something I am gutted fot not been around for :/

tinodz wrote: »
    Never knew about the Crystal Palace thing till now. Now there is something I am gutted fot not been around for :/

Could have been worse I was online at the start of the match, think I was actually watching it and fell asleep until the 2nd half to see what I missed. Gutted was an understatement.

anyone see the washington at rockies game in running on pp last night.it was the third of a 4 series game.pp put the markets for game 4(which is to be played tonight) in running and were changing the odds in relation to how game 3 was running.

when washington were 5 runs up i threw 20 on them -4.5 runs at 8/13.luckily it was the only bet i had on.so anyone who backed rockies in running at 33/1,+7.5 runs(which was the highest they traded) and probably under 14 runs must be in a great position for tonights game! im left with an 8/13 shot that is probably about a 10/1 chance lol.sent them an email but no response at least its only 20 anyways but that is very bad form from pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If the wrong match was priced up, they should void the bet?
    If it was the other way round, would they let the bet stand?

Advertisement