Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Open

Options
  • 26-06-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Live on Rte & Sky

Most firms are up with the 6 places each way.

What's peoples thoughts?
    I think G Mac should be fav over Rory
    2nd in Us Open two weeks ago & this is his local course.

Only worry is he might want this too much. Think all Irish will be treating this as their 5th Major but Gmac looks the pick of the big 3

Ladbrokes were 12/1 but it must have been gobbled up last night

My bet
    3points each way G Mac 10/1 6 places

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Definitely think Gmac is the one to beat here. Harrington is coming off a very good run but he has played a lot of golf over the last few weeks so he will be tired.

Im half thinking about an e/w on Clarke - yes he has done feck all since his win at the open but Portrush is his home course and that is a huge advantage.

Bets will probably be..

Gmac to win @ 10-1

Harrinton to win @ 12-1

Clarke e/w @ 66-1

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

I think playing on your local course is just added pressure than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

James Morrison looks a bit of ew value @ 150/1. Was playing well until the meltdown at Wentworth, and he did bounce back on Day 4. Finished top of the pile in the qualifying for the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Keegan Bradley is 33/1. I'm officially gobsmacked. IMO one of the bets of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Degag wrote: »
    Keegan Bradley is 33/1. I'm officially gobsmacked. IMO one of the bets of the year.

What makes you think that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

ft9 wrote: »
    What makes you think that?
    Major Winner, Very good player. Beginning to come into decent form. Think it's a very good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Major Winner, Very good player. Beginning to come into decent form. Think it's a very good price.

Not so sure about him coming into form. Also, dont think he will do so well on a links in possible bad weather.

Have a look at his stats here - his best result in the last 8 attempts has been tied 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Never been tested on an Irish links course,totally different to most events on the PGA Tour, il be avoiding him myself. Mcilroy is the course record holder here , i know hes playing crap recently but its only a matter of time before he wins again and no better place to start than the Irish Open. Defending champ Simon Dyson is a big fan of links golf & has some excellent results on links courses. Richard Sterne is playing really well of late & has 3 top 10's in his last 4 starts.

McIlroy - 7/1
    Dyson - 28/1
    Sterne - 35/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Went for Garth Mulroy 150-1 seems a good price, And Simon Khan at 200-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Fernandez castano 40/1
    Luiten 50/1
    Gallacher 80/1
    (All PP)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Two little bets:
    Jaidee Top 20 @ 5/2
    Paul Lawrie Top 10 @ 11/4

One decent size bet:
    PP Special:
    Will there be an Irish Winner to Irish Open?
    No @ 4/7

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Paul Lawrie @ 22/1 (Bet 365)
    Simon Dyson @ 33/1
    (Bet 365)

Kinda torn whether or not to have an Irish bet, plus I still have to sort out PGA Tour bet(s) too. Will update later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

e/w yankee time again

irish: Keegan Bradley 33/1
    at&t: Mahan 12/1
    ladies: Tseng 9/2
    seniors: Couples 15/2

will be happy just to get them all placed (€600 for a €22 layout)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Paul Lawrie @ 22/1 (Bet 365)
    Simon Dyson @ 33/1 e/w
    (Bet 365)

Kinda torn whether or not to have an Irish bet, plus I still have to sort out PGA Tour bet(s) too. Will update later.

Added Michael Hoey @ 50/1 e/w (Boylesports) and Alan Dunbar @ 125/1 e/w (Bet 365)

Reasoning for bets - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79441633&postcount=73

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

grace ew for me

no idea what to do for this one so went with sporting life

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

I put a tenner E/W on Robert Rock @40/1 with powers.He should have won it a few years ago.He has a super chance to win it now.English golfers have a wonderful record in the Irish open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

todolist wrote: »
    I put a tenner E/W on Robert Rock @40/1 with powers.He should have won it a few years ago.He has a super chance to win it now.English golfers have a wonderful record in the Irish open.

I was debating whether to put him in or not , he's 55/1 on Bet365. The difference in prices between Paddy & Bet365 are so big that i joined the latter today!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rehssu

Went with Chris Wood @ 33/1

*+8 for his last 6 holes. Beautiful.

& Shane Lowry to get the finger out and be R1 leader @ 50/1

Both e/w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

did hoey at 28/1 after 1st round as its his home course in double with rumford to win his 3 ball today at evens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Went with Colsaerts @ 10s and Harrington @ 13/2. Meant to back them pre-tournament but missed out so having a smaller stake bet on both for an interest over the weekend given both are close to the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

mailburner wrote: »
    grace ew for me

no idea what to do for this one so went with sporting life

backed him like a dope wed night when full as a bingo bus... wish i hant now he wont make the cut!!! :mad::mad: so have a nice wee bet on Jamie Donaldson at 16/1 today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

e/w yankee time again

irish: Keegan Bradley 33/1
    at&t: Mahan 12/1
    ladies: Tseng 9/2
    seniors: Couples 15/2

happy enough with Mahan & Couples leading
    if Tseng gets the finger out and makes a comeback from her +2 today she might have a chance of a place
    Keegan was a no-show, but did another e/w yankeeafter the first round, with JM Singh @ 20/1 replacing Bradley, so could still get a decent payout

Donaldson still their hopefully doesnt blow up tomor so i can cash in woot woot!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Don't bet very often but have a few quid on betfair for an occasional game of poker. Just had 50 on Rory at 38s, thought he was far too big. Only 4 off Harrington who is the one to beat imo and holds the course record. It's the biggest I've ever had by far - wine probably gone to the head.

Not sure how serious he takes this tournament but hopefully he will want to impress the Mrs.

Anyhoo - Go Rory!

AngeGal wrote: »
    Don't bet very often but have a few quid on betfair for an occasional game of poker. Just had 50 on Rory at 38s, thought he was far too big. Only 4 off Harrington who is the one to beat imo and holds the course record. It's the biggest I've ever had by far - wine probably gone to the head.

Not sure how serious he takes this tournament but hopefully he will want to impress the Mrs.

Anyhoo - Go Rory!

aghh a good drunk bet!!!! well best of luck with it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

FANTAPANTS wrote: »
    backed him like a dope wed night when full as a bingo bus... wish i hant now he wont make the cut!!! :mad::mad: so have a nice wee bet on Jamie Donaldson at 16/1 today

good man
    nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wprathead wrote: »
    Two little bets:
    Jaidee Top 20 @ 5/2 :) (percentage of it)
    Paul Lawrie Top 10 @ 11/4 :(

One decent size bet:
    PP Special:
    Will there be an Irish Winner to Irish Open?
    No @ 4/7 :)

not to shabby

Advertisement