Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leverage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a326667/leverage-star-new-season-is-tense.html

Leverage star Timothy Hutton has dropped hints about the upcoming fourth season.

The actor told Assignment X that the show's team of con artists will be operating "under the radar" in future episodes.

"The team [is] in a strong place with one another [because of the] success they've had, but there's definitely an undercurrent of concern that they've been exposed because of their success," he explained. "People are out there looking for them."

He continued: "They have to watch their backs in a way they haven't had to before. They have to go a little bit underground."

Hutton explained that the increased scrutiny will cause "tension" within the ranks of the Leverage team.

"This [exposure] becomes troubling... so if anyone's doing anything that's not part of the playbook, there's some conflict between team members that we haven't quite seen before," he revealed.

"They've got wind of a real possibility that they're being monitored [in] some of the most private places. They discover that perhaps where they live or [in] the cars they drive, somebody has a window onto their every move."

Leverage producer Dean Devlin previously claimed that the fourth season will be more emotional.

Leverage returns to TNT on Sunday at 9/8c.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Brand new season kicks off tonight on TNT: http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/tim-hutton-leverage-season-4-preview/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone watching this season?

It has had some really strong episodes - the grave danger one last week was really tense, and this weeks one in the Airport was very clever (and shows what a bastard Nate can be when he is pushed). Definitely one of my favourite summer shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Any one know when this is back on uktv?

• Advertisement

TNT renews for a 15 episodes 5th season :)

Antibac wrote: »
    Any one know when this is back on uktv?

FX UK now showing this every week night at 6pm

Leverage Season 3 starts on FX UK on Tuesday the 7th of February 2012 at 10pm

Season 5 promo

Adam Baldwin will play the possibly recurring role
    Col. Michael Vance, an ex-Army Ranger who now runs a government counter-terrorism unit. However, Vance often ruffles the feathers of other intelligence community bureaucrats with his unorthodox method of recruiting small teams of agents — and even civilians — from a wide range of expertise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 damad1

anyone know when season 5 will start in ireland/uk, i know it starts in america tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

damad1 wrote: »
    anyone know when season 5 will start in ireland/uk, i know it starts in america tomorrow.

Season 4 is currently airing on FX, about six or seven episodes in I think. They started into season 4 straight after season 3 was finished so maybe they'll follow on with season 5 as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

:o my bad.....didn't see this thread before making the other :o

Season 5 finale will be the series finale as it has been cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

I'd never heard of this show while it was airing, but they've got the whole thing up on Netflix now and I'm compulsively watching it all. Very fun.

adaminho wrote: »
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/leverage-reboot-starring-noah-wyle-234141314.html

Leverage to get a reboot at Amazon/IMDb with Noah Wylie to replace Timothy Hutton in the lead.

The con is back on

Mark Sheppard as Sterling should return

Noah Wylie playing a corporate lawyer looking for redemption

Embedded video...
    (8 episodes on July 9th, 8 more later this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Mr E wrote: »
    Embedded video...
    (8 episodes on July 9th, 8 more later this year)

Anyone know if it will be available on a streaming service here or will alternate methods be necessary?

It's going to be on IMDB TV, which is only available in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Full series drops July 9th.

It's Leverage however it's Leverage light without two of the main cast in the show.

One not returning was flagged and the other well I should have guessed from the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tri Oidhcheannan Eile

I am six of the eight episodes in, and to my immense disappointment, I'll probably leave it at that.

As said, Tim Hutton isn't involved and Aldis only guest stars for the first two episodes, so it's left to Gina (top billing) to essentially carry the whole bag.

There's just something missing. I suspect it's Hutton's absence: his character always had a darkness to him (much like Lester's character in Hustle) which gave the show a subtle edge. The writing on "Redemption" just seems twee and needlessly moralising.

Dare I say, at times it treads dangerously close to being a parody of itself and the villains are almost cartoonish in their shenanigans. Shame.

Christian and Beth are still great though 😀

I still liked it. I thought it odd that Aldis Hodge was listed as a guest star for the first few episodes, but it became clear why after that. He was definitely a loss.

The show was enjoyable overall with maybe 5 strong episodes and 3 weak ones. The finale was a bit of an anti-climax. After the first two episodes, the rest were all standalone. I'd like to have seen Reed Diamond back for the finale instead - I think it would have rounded off the season a bit better.

Decent overall though - I enjoyed it.

Edit: I see there are still 5 episodes to go. I take back what I said about the finale. 🙂

Maybe my remaining episodes are two of your strong ones? 😀 I'll maybe give them a go if I can't sleep tonight.

(I probably inadvertently ruined it for myself by binge-watching some of my fave episodes (from ten years ago) over the last few weeks.)

Seems there are another eight, @Mr E, at least according to Beth in the above interview.

Also, no Hutton/Ford means no delectable Kari Matchett/ex-Mrs Ford 😞

Ah that's good. IMDB credits the actors for 13 episodes though.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12197698/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I enjoyed it.

Shows like this, Burn Notice, White Collar, etc weren't exactly what I would turn too for serious entertainment so was happy to have more of it.

If anything their plans seemed to work better than usual. How many episodes in the original series did they always seem to plan that their plan would go wrong? In this when it did go wrong, they came up with a new one on the fly.

Still unsure on Breanna. I liked her enough but she could be annoying. And being ready to go into the field after 1 or 2 missions seemed a bit soon. Maybe Hardison will have a bigger role in the second half, though do we need 2 hackers?

I wonder will Nate return from the dead.

Case has been closed against Timothy Hutton

“Timothy Hutton has officially been cleared by law enforcement of a criminal complaint filed against him,” the actor’s U.S. lawyer Joshua Rosenberg told Deadline. “The Canadian authorities scrutinized the matter and found a glaring lack of support and proof of Ms. Johnston’s claim,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As the first comment at the bottom of the article says "Now will this get covered as much as the accusation? Hope so, but doubt it!" which usually seems to be the case.

Like this is the first I've read of it and that article is a month old.

But the damage is done. The same ones who rush to "cancel" someone aren't as quick to say they're wrong.

He lost a potential job in Leverage because of this

Advertisement