Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Dave Barry ( The Minder )

• 17-06-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

It is with a very heavy heart that I've just heard the very sad news that one of our best known and well liked custom aeg builder and A.R.U. Team member has passed away this morning due to a heart attack.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and team members, rip Dave you were a true gent!

Regards,
    Bren
    Fingal Airsoft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

maddog wrote: »
    It is with a very heavy heart that I've just heard the very sad news that one of our best known and well liked custom aeg builder and A.R.U. Team member has passed away this morning due to a heart attack.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and team members, rip Dave you were a true gent!

Regards,
    Bren
    Fingal Airsoft

Ah no way, I hope this aint a sick joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

Ah no way, I hope this aint a joke?

Why would anyone joke about something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

maddog wrote: »
    Why would anyone joke about something like this?

Im really sorry fella meant nothing by it, but the amount of crap people have posted here lately dude you just dont know what people are capable of sometimes.

He was a lovely fella, dealt with him once and like you said a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Very sad news. Dealt with Dave a few times and was also always willing to offer advice. A gentleman. A big loss to the community. Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

My thoughts go out to family and friends at this time.

Never had the opportunity to meet face to face but always enjoyed bouncing ideas about due to our different approaches to the hobbie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭chris20

Have dealt with Dave and gamed with him many times,he was a complete gentleman and will be missed,rest in peace Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

RIP in Dave, My thoughts and prayers go out to Family and Friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

So sudden. My thoughts are with his friends and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Very sad news indeed.

RIP Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Having played with and against both Dave and A.R.U. on many occasion in Fingal, I must say he will be so sadly missed. Always a great sport and as kind a gent as you could ever meet. Passionate about his sport, and always had time for others (Even my odd pesterings here over boards PMs)

He was such a legend within our small community. Everyone knew of Dave and his immense AEG building abilities, and also of his kind heart and good form.

R.I.P. Dave - From all of us here at Viking Company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I never had the privilege to meet the man in person but his reputation reached to every corner of airsoft in Ireland , on behalf of myself , Section 8 and the committee of the IAA , we offer our condolences to Dave's family and his very many friends in the sport of airsoft. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭eversmann

A gentleman, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

On behalf of everyone in Shadow Company & M.A.C our deepest condolences to his Family, May he rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Sorry to hear the news. He was a pure gent and will be missed in the community.

You'll never run out of BB's where you are now mate.

On behalf of the Mod team we off our condolences to his family and friends at this time and our thoughts are with them.

Andy/Boards Mod team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Wow, thats shocking, always enjoyed looking at his pictures. His work will be his legacy in airsoft. RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

RIP Dave, He was a nice guy at heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thehorse

RIP Dave , you'll be missed man!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

Shock is an under statement, it is beyond belief ,Dave is one of those guys that eveyone likes and everyone has a chat with in the safe zone ,there has been many times were Dave played along side us and the banter was always great always backed you up on the field and the ARU guys where lucky to have him as team mate ,Myself and the rest of the lads from Airsoft Tactical Force are saddened and shocked at your passing Dave , Rest in peace Dave you will be always in our thoughts and prayers ,Alan captain ATF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

Rip Dave
    You where a pure gent
    Condolences to your family in this sad time

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭tommy gun

Shocking news.Have had many dealings with Dave.Absolute gent.
    R.I.P Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Absolutely shocked and saddened to hear of this, Only met the man once but have kept in contact ever since through pm's.
    An absolute gentleman and always there for advice on anything airsoft related.

My condolences to his family and friends.

It was a privilege and honor to have known the man.

R.I.P Dave frown.gif

Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Soups

Thank you to everyone!

For all your kind thoughts and words, Dave was a stall-worth of our team and a great ambassador for the sport of Airsoft, a kind heart that had no bounds, just loved getting out and "drilling with his Black and Deckers" and lovin the comradeship shown by all the Airsofters he knew.....Never to be forgotten a gent and great friend !

ARU Capt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

Never had a chance to meet or deal with Dave just admired his collection of weapons. He sounds like an absolute gent to everyone he met or dealt with and a guy like that will be sadly missed in this world (both airsoft and the real world)
    My condolences to his family and friends I know its not easy to lose someone close to you so my thoughts and prayers for ye on this sad time.
    RIP Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭shane_rafferty

Was shocked to hear the news today,
    Played a few games with and against Dave,
    such a nice and honest player all ways there if you need any advise,
    thoughts and prayers with Dave's family, team mates and friends
    R.I.P Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I couldn't believe it when I heard about this today - as Damo said it, I actually thought it wasn't real. I thought he was saying that something had happened one of Dave's loved ones; I never imagined that he had passed away.

Dave is one of those guys that had time for anyone who would listen, and was renowned for answering everyone's questions - though the trick was always to get him to stop talking! He would spend forever trying to give an absolutely comprehensive answer.

He will be sorely missed by the Airsoft community, and I'm sure that he was/is even better thought of in personal life.

It's a sad day today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,409 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RIP Dave.
    Only dealt with him through boards but he was always happy to help out and a gentleman to deal with.
    A big loss to the Airsoft community.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I havent been active in this part of boards for a while now but im shocked to hear this, always a very constructive and helpful poster, my thoughts go out to his family.
    May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Oh my god, just seen this. Absolutely terrible news, shocking. God bless his family.

Having been lucky enough to have met with Dave in the past all I can say really is what a terrible loss not only to his family but airsoft as a whole. Always so helpful and always willing to give advice when needed. Devastating:(

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

Sorry to see you go Dave .....
    You will be missed .....

My condolences to all .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sad news to read,

Was always fond of him, was a nice guy and always willing to lend a hand and was a really social person in the field.

Advertisement