Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beware a bookie bearing gifts

Options
  • 23-05-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭

A Surperb Money back Special from Boyles this morning.
    Money Back 1st/last goalscorers, correct score and scorecasts on all Ireland Euro 2012 group matches when they score a goal :).
    They were jt best price Italy to win 1-0 at 5/1 & Croatia 1-0 was 9/2 (just inder best price 5/1) this morning according to oddschecker.
    Went in at lunchtime to back these 2 scores and was told the prices were now
    Italy 1-0 4/1 & Croatia 1-0 4/1.
    Worst prices available. :mad:.
    So they give a great Money Back special & then cut not just those scorelines but most of the "other team" to win to nil prices as well i.e. Croatia, Spain & Italy 1-0. 2-0 & 3-0.
    Money Back doesn't apply for a 0-0 draw either.
    Never look a gift ...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Is this in shops only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

DB74 wrote: »
    Is this in shops only?

No online too. In an Email today.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Heard today Boyles made a massive **** up with their Money back.
    They should have only done 1st/last and anytime goalscorers and not correct scores and scorecasts.
    All the ads & Shjop Posters were changed on the 25th to state this.
    I'm sure anybody who had a bet before the 25th will be able to claim the correct scores and scorecasts Money Back as they had the bets with those Money Backs applying.

Saw that last week. I was waiting until closer to the day to do the 1-0 & 2-0 scores, in the hope that Boyles would have lengthened the odds a bit in line with the rest.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Boylesports specials are always rubbish.

even when they had an offer on cash back if "your 1st goalscorer bet" gets the 2nd goal...the odds on all the key players were slashed below competitor's prices or key players, eg Rooney generally available @ 100/30 would be priced @ 11/4 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They are not the only ones to do that.
    Ladbrokes do it all the time when they have a money back special.
    They are different odds in shops compared to the Internet.
    I've stood in the shop on oddschecker, checking the odds and a staff member once asked me "what I was doing?".
    Told him in front of the rest of the customers that their online prices were bigger.
    He never did it again.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    They are not the only ones to do that.
    Ladbrokes do it all the time when they have a money back special.
    They are different odds in shops compared to the Internet.
    I've stood in the shop on oddschecker, checking the odds and a staff member once asked me "what I was doing?".
    Told him in front of the rest of the customers that their online prices were bigger.
    He never did it again.

agree. in terms of worst value:

1st Ladbrokes....by a mile (won't even lay some markets in shop)

2nd Boylesport........(worst morning prices)

Powers do genuinely raise the bar with offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

The more offers a bookie has the worse the odds. I saw an offer on Boyles window that if any group game ends in a penalty shoot out (which is imposible) the will refund first last goal scorer bet, I am sick of money grubbing bookies. Pays to do your homework.

Incorrect Headspace

That offer was if your team gets knocked out in a penalty shoot, you get a refund, applied to Outright bets placed before the Q/Final stage.
    Nothing to do with the Group matches.

The refund of 1st/last & anytime goalscorer was for the Ireland matches if (and when) Ireland scored.

They also had the money back if your losing 1st goalscorer scored the 2nd goal oif the match.

Incidentally it IS possible for a final group game to finish in a penalty shootout, but not at this tournament because of the way the matches have panned out so far

• Advertisement

That would be after all the GD, GS, H2H etc are done?
    Would they then have the Shoot out the following day?

Ya but i am sure the penalty shoot out offer only applied to the group stage. And if your team went on offer no longer applied.

Nope.
    Offer applied if you backed a team Outright before the Q/finals.
    You would know what teams had qualified and then back them (at reduced odds mind you).

Odds would be big enough.
    8 teams left, to draw match, draw after 90 mins and lose in a peno shoot out would be around 10's.

ok then

There's trouble brewing for Boyles.
    Heard of at least one person who backed the correct scores when the original offer was available and has now been refused payment.
    Boyles are saying they changed it and are refusing to pay out.
    Can't see them winning this one.
    How can they change the T&C's of an offer after people have backed it?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    There's trouble brewing for Boyles.
    Heard of at least one person who backed the correct scores when the original offer was available and has now been refused payment.
    Boyles are saying they changed it and are refusing to pay out.
    Can't see them winning this one.
    How can they change the T&C's of an offer after people have backed it?

t&c in place at the time the bet was placed should be honoured. what was the bet?

Advertisement