Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Stags

• 14-06-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi trying to get some info on going to do a day of Airsoft some were in Ireland but not in Dublin as part of a stags weekend has any one got any idea's as everyone seems to have there own gear is there places that rent out the gear and any idea how much it would cost for a few hours.

Also it would be good if it was near a good town or city with good night life.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Most sites will sell you the BBs and rent airsoft guns. My local site would charge you €65 for the lot (€25 for the game, €20 for the bag of BBs and €20 for the rental). Don't know about other sites but I'd say it would be around the €50+ mark anywhere, per person. Some will also provide other stuff like overalls to wear but your best bet is to ring and find out about their rental packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

How long would a game last ?

That can change from site to site. My local's games usually run from about 10-11 in the morning until about 3.30-4 in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

€65 for a days gaming with rental and BB's? Sweet holy fúck!
    Most sites would be €45 at the most. That or times have really changed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    That can change from site to site. My local's games usually run from about 10-11 in the morning until about 3.30-4 in the evening.

Wow they only operate for 1 hour and a half… in an entire day??? That can't be right that's just stupid and lazy :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

Jsmurff wrote: »

Wow they only operate for 1 hour and a half… in an entire day??? That can't be right that's just stupid and lazy :confused:
    Its from eg 10 to 3 bud not for a hour and a half

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant we start at around 10 or 11 and play until around 3.30 to 4. :P If they were charging €25 for an hour and a half of airsoft they'd last about a week in business.
    Leftyflip wrote: »
    €65 for a days gaming with rental and BB's? Sweet holy fúck!
    Most sites would be €45 at the most. That or times have really changed...

We don't get as much traffic down here in Cork as you would in areas like Dublin. I can't say for sure but I'd say the higher rental cost here reflects that the lower level of traffic means less income for the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

if there is enough of you,say 15.you should get a good deal..... all you need to do is make a few calls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant we start at around 10 or 11 and play until around 3.30 to 4. :P If they were charging €25 for an hour and a half of airsoft they'd last about a week in business.

Ha I read that all wrong :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Generally speaking the base price for rentals for a day's gaming is €50. As in it shouldn't cost you more than €50.

It obviously varies from site to site. The best thing for you to do is get solid numbers, then ring around the sites to negotiate price.

PS: Stag party for full day = no night life. You won't wanna go out. If your plans revolve around the afters, then I'd strongly recommend the half-day

• Advertisement

Were would be a good site to go to that's near a good town ?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

We could direct you to a site if you had an idea of an area that ye wanted to travel to , Wexford , Sligo , Cork , Dundalk , Waterford , Kilkenny , Clare , Limerick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MrMuzik

The Manor Waterford... 10:00am till 6:00pm €15, rentals gun and mask 20, and bbs 15 less than 10 mins from waterford city, or the Asylum wexford is around the same price and only couple mins from wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LeViat

The National Kart Centre in Limerick has a 100,000 sq. ft. indoor village. If you have the stag on the weekend of the 13th/14 July there is a massive party in Limerick that weekend see http://www.pignporter.com. See http://www.nationalkartcentre.ie/airsoft.php for Airsoft and Karting.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tcac

a new site in meath called the compound charges €35 for half day & €45 for full day and then you can go out in navan with all the wee slappers lol the palace nightclub :D

good few hotels around navan too, only thing is you have to speak really slow in naavaaan lol, relax navan heads its a joke i live in navan many a great night out too :D

Looks like we will be heading to Kilkenny so any were near there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Kilkenny Airsoft might be a good idea and you'll still be able to walk when you come out of it:)

www.kilkennyairsoft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

There's a shooting range in Kilkenny: Website, Facebook

There are airsoft sites nearby: Waterford, The Manor and their Facebook.
    Wexford: The Asylum and their Facebook.

Advertisement