Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Junior Cert Predictions Thread 2012

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 razzyy

I said early christian ireland but then said medieval but i think it was early christian ireland hahah oh well history was an amazing paper so im all good :) any tips for science? I know everything comes up like but anything i should particularly know?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IceCreamGirl

the moment i look at questions on the history papers i forget everything i've studied.
    i was like "I KNOW THIS. I'VE STUDIED THIS. BUT I CANT REMEMBER"
    am i the only one? :/

im just wondering is the examiner who is gonna correct my papers ONLY correcting the papers from my school OR are they correcting papers from other schools as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tornados2111

I think its from other schools too, they will get a pack with loads of exam papers but never get told which school they're from, all of them are mixed up

the moment i look at questions on the history papers i forget everything i've studied.
    i was like "I KNOW THIS. I'VE STUDIED THIS. BUT I CANT REMEMBER"
    am i the only one? :/
    That happened to me right before, but then it all came flooding back really quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 shelly1996

does anyone check our lab books for science ( with our experiments written up ) As in do we have to bring them in to school tomorrow for them to be taken up by the examiner.?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭.skid

shelly1996 wrote: »
    does anyone check our lab books for science ( with our experiments written up ) As in do we have to bring them in to school tomorrow for them to be taken up by the examiner.?
    ours were takin by our teacher and locked in because the correcter comes to the school like they do for woodwork. they dont even get checked half the time and we just get the marks by default. :)

.skid wrote: »
    shelly1996 wrote: »
    ours were takin by our teacher and locked in because the correcter comes to the school like they do for woodwork. they dont even get checked half the time and we just get the marks by default. :)
    Yeah Our teacher only took our folders not lab books. But i dont think theres a difference between them! Bring them in in case id say :) better to have them there in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shelly1996

Thank you :)

home ec predictions please? :):):):):):)

• Advertisement

home ec? T.T

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Elmoko

waiting for people to be done with the match , hopefully home ec and spanish predictions will come pouring in :)

home ec's tomorrow and i havent studied :/
    should i just do exam papers or study by the book?

home ec's tomorrow and i havent studied :/
    should i just do exam papers or study by the book?
    I was told to learn;
    teeth
    consumer
    -letter complaint
    -budgeting
    -shopping
    family
    food preservation
    -micro-organisms
    letter complaint
    budgeting
    reproduction

Elmoko wrote: »
    I was told to learn;
    teeth
    consumer
    -letter complaint
    -budgeting
    -shopping
    family
    food preservation
    -micro-organisms
    letter complaint
    budgeting
    reproduction

omg thank you so much
    now i have the motivation to study :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

what should i know for the question on design in woodwork? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

For the question on design, be able to describe the different stages (design ideas/solutions, evaluation, working drawings, etc.)
    Be able to suggest a suitable wood to use - so learn advantages of a few woods.
    And know how to list some design requirements of whatever it is you have to design.
    And of course, be able to design, sketch and label whatever they throw at you :)

Bah_Humbug wrote: »
    For the question on design, be able to describe the different stages (design ideas/solutions, evaluation, working drawings, etc.)
    Be able to suggest a suitable wood to use - so learn advantages of a few woods.
    And know how to list some design requirements of whatever it is you have to design.
    And of course, be able to design, sketch and label whatever they throw at you :)
    thanks:) what kind of stuff do they look for in the sketches?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

thanks:) what kind of stuff do they look for in the sketches?:)
    The marking scheme says full marks for well-drawn, well-balanced sketch including notes - best try to be original too, like not just a shelf..

alright sound. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Question on technical graphics, anyone have any idea on what the other two questions that come up might be? I know the four that come up every year but I'm just wondering if the other two are completely random?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

Anyone any ideas for music set songs, choice songs and works and irish music section?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 me.gusta

Daledge wrote: »
    Question on technical graphics, anyone have any idea on what the other two questions that come up might be? I know the four that come up every year but I'm just wondering if the other two are completely random?
    Same stuff comes up every year,doesn't it? :o
    Question:1 - Orthographic projection
    Question:2 - Rotations
    Question:3 - Isometric view
    Question:4 - Development
    Question:5 - Transformation geomatry
    Question:6 - Ellipse and parobola

spanish?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

Anyone any ideas for music set songs, choice songs and works and irish music section?

For the set works section, O Fortuna from Carmina Burana is most likely to come up.

And for Irish music, our teacher said that collectors, composers or the CCE could come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Lor1963

OwlYouNeed wrote: »

For the set works section, O Fortuna from Carmina Burana is most likely to come up.

And for Irish music, our teacher said that collectors, composers or the CCE could come up.
    What's the cce? Is it ceoltas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lauretteg

Lor1963 wrote: »
    What's the cce? Is it ceoltas?

Yeah it stands for Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann :)

Advertisement