Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Soap ???

• 22-12-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Well it might happen (even if it should have happened about 13 years ago).

Working Title is Taylors Hill (not sure about it even being a working title).

Set to launch in Autumn 2012, but then The Guards was supposed launch in 2008!

Well it will be interesting to see happen. But also if it does happen to see it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I thought Ireland am was their soap opera

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I could not see myself with time to fit in watching another soap to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Really? I'm not expecting much, the budget for the programme can't be much either, esp in comparison with Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Really? I'm not expecting much, the budget for the programme can't be much either, esp in comparison with Fair City.

What about Ros Na Run? It will begin just one night a week and then will it will slowly become like the other convayer belt TV that TV3 do and that most current soaps are.

I think people are of the opinion that TV3 don't get good advertising revenues.

This combined with the wonderful world of Product Placement. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Elmo wrote: »
    What about Ros Na Run? It will begin just one night a week and then will it will slowly become like the other convayer belt TV that TV3 do and that most current soaps are.

I think people are of the opinion that TV3 don't get good advertising revenues.

This combined with the wonderful world of Product Placement. :(

Lets not compare Tv3 with Tg4. Tg4 would never produce or air the likes of Tallafornia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭BornThisWay

I'd like to know how they will fit it in without clashing with another soap. The soaps run from 6.30 - 9 most nights. Unless they schedule it for 8 on a Tuesday, and 7.30 on a Wednesday. Don't know where else it would fit.

I'd like to know how they will fit it in without clashing with another soap. The soaps run from 6.30 - 9 most nights. Unless they schedule it for 8 on a Tuesday, and 7.30 on a Wednesday. Don't know where else it would fit.

Sunday 8:30 (Prob not because of XFactor). 8 Wednesday or they could schedule it between both Coronation St's on Monday and Friday, while up against EastEnders, it would fight back against EE.

It clashes with soaps on the times you suggest. Or we could see them cut down on Soaps 6 to 9, Monday to Friday is OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

How about 9pm when all the other soaps are finished, and then repeated before or after Vincent Browne show, with a furthur repeat the following day/evening. Time TV3 got their act together and give Fair City a run for their money and we the viewer some more Irish drama. I really hope TV3 can do it.

rogercar wrote: »
    How about 9pm when all the other soaps are finished, and then repeated before or after Vincent Browne show, with a furthur repeat the following day/evening. Time TV3 got their act together and give Fair City a run for their money and we the viewer some more Irish drama. I really hope TV3 can do it.

Your right tv3 would repeat again and again and again and again. The could even repeat it straight after on 3e.

Why not have them make all of the other soaps run for there money? They should have done it 15 years ago when rte had coro st.

Laws should be passed to prevent soaps after nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I think it's a brilliant idea.. if they made sure it doesn't clash with EE or Fair City I, reckon it will get the viewers.. Good storyline's, Few good actors.. I can see it happening. I mean TV3 gets all the good British shows! Im a Celebrity, X Factor, Emmerdale, Coronation Street - Who Doesn't Watch Em? (Tallafornia aside.. - If I hear ''She's only a two faced backstabbing Hoor!'' one more time.. Ima crack!!)..

Fair Play TV3!! :D

• Advertisement

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I mean TV3 gets all the good British shows! Im a Celebrity, X Factor, Emmerdale, Coronation Street - Who Doesn't Watch Em?

I don't!
    Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Fair Play TV3!! :D

It maybe very unlikely when they owe Anglo Irish Bank €130m :(

Sure if you owe a tiny amount to the Big Bad Public Bank sure get some funding from the public.

Taylor's Hill will be 6 episodes with a total budget of 1.2million with 50% coming from the licence fee.

All good. The one good thing is that Tyrone Productions are producing the programme for the BAI and TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Elmo wrote: »
    Sure if you owe a tiny amount to the Big Bad Public Bank sure get some funding from the public.

Taylor's Hill will be 6 episodes with a total budget of 1.2million with 50% coming from the licence fee.

All good. The one good thing is that Tyrone Productions are producing the programme for the BAI and TV3.

Any news on this?

vard wrote: »
    Any news on this?

Just that it has been given funding from the BAI (sound and vision fund). It is called Taylors/Tailors Hill (It may be based in Galway????? but just guessing this as their is a Taylors/Tailors hill there). It is produced by Tyrone Productions, who also co-produce Ros Na Run. 6 episodes to begin with, so it may not be a "soap" prob best to call it a melodrama miniseries.

It will possible begin in September.

Yeah show is based in Galway. Filming in Spiddal (I assume they are using some of Ros Na Run's set).

Tailor's Hill is the title of the show. Elizabeth Gill and Anne McCabe are both directing the series.

Co-produced by Eo Teilifís and Tyrone Productions for TV3 and the BAI.

Each episode is 1 hour long from different Soap writers. Paul Walker (Fair City), Lee Collins (EastEnders) and Lauren Mackenzie (The Clinic).

Production to begin on June 18. Cast to be announced. Each episode will be base on a different character, similar to Pure Mule (one of the writers also wrote for that series).

So it might not be as much of a Soap and more of a Drama.

Expect it to air with lots and lots and lots of TV3 build up, with little mention that its is a publicly funded production.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Spoke to a script doctor on this series today who swears it is a drama not a soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I'd like to know who the script doctor is.:) There's no script doctor, but an incredibly dedicated producer and show creator.

I can't say much except to confirm it is a drama, 6 x 1hr episodes. Cast announcements I'm sure will be made soon, but an excellent cast. I cannot think of any Irish or British series quite like it.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Spoke to a script doctor on this series today who swears it is a drama not a soap.

I think when all writers are coming from soap its hard not to say that it is not a soap. Also the fact that TV3 want to present it as a soap :rolleyes:
    I cannot think of any Irish or British series quite like it.

Don't start playing up the "drama" just yet, it is a very hard ask for a drama to be really original.

Yeah You're right about the info you have... But you've culled that from IFTN. They are not that great at detail. They have yet to get my name right or that of the producer Hugh Farley.

It's 9pm post watershed drama. Fact.

As for originality my opinion may be biased, but it is from a base of knowledge. All drama involves ingredients and it's how those ingredients are put together that gives us the recipe. Mince in my hands might be a satisfying home cooked meal. In David Crane's hands it might be a gastronomic delight. Sure you get the analogy.

We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out and hope it's not as half baked as my analogy :)

Fatboydim wrote: »
    Yeah You're right about the info you have... But you've culled that from IFTN. They are not that great at detail. They have yet to get my name right or that of the producer Hugh Farley.

It's 9pm post watershed drama. Fact.

As for originality my opinion may be biased, but it is from a base of knowledge. All drama involves ingredients and it's how those ingredients are put together that gives us the recipe. Mince in my hands might be a satisfying home cooked meal. In David Crane's hands it might be a gastronomic delight. Sure you get the analogy.

We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out and hope it's not as half baked as my analogy :)

I don't know who David Crane is!

Culled from IFTN how dare you :D (I tend to post links to resources but have decided against such links, sorry Mods etc).

It's like saying Love/Hate is Ireland's answer to The Wire. (No offence to The Wire, will this be better then The Wire?)

Will I be surprised if it fits every TV3 considered taboo into 6 hours? I hope its not just an onslaught of melodrama!

BTW I do hope it is the next best thing since David Crane created sliced bread :) <<<< Ah! seriously I do hope it works out well for all involved.

• Advertisement

Cheers Elmo...

I can't honestly say it would be better than The Wire or any other programme. But the ambition is there and it's been a joy to work on.

Ah so we have been deceived (see what I did there, wait no read on!)

It won't be called Taylors' Hill rather it will be called Deception. (Not to be confussed by Revenge!).

Funded by the BAI, I wonder how much funding actually came from TV3?

Set in a ghost estate, desperate times call for desperate actions. It modern and Contemporary. I love press releases :) especially cogging them off IFTN :)

Why didn't they called it Desperate Houses. As miley would say "Desperate.... Altogether".

Also "The Number you have dialed is incorrect please reenter the phone number". Conor Mullen of Eircom fame stars. along with Fr. Ted star Jim Norton. Which gives the the opportunity to try to post a FR. Ted clip.

http://youtu.be/D2G8SrNqc5g?t=9m37s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What happened to The Guards?.

Was it ever shown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Any idea when Deception is due to start? It's filmed in An Moinear estate in Spiddal which I know well! Possibly the ugliest housing estate in Ireland..

:)

Any idea when Deception is due to start? It's filmed in the An Moinear estate in Spiddal which I know well! Possibly the ugliest housing estate in Ireland..

:)

Thought it would have been seen before Christmas but looks like it'll be the new year at this stage.

Will be early next year.

Advertisement