Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst fate to befall a character?

• 12-06-2012 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Given the success of the crime thread...

I'll get the ball rolling:

My favourite, Commodore matt decker, driven insane by watching his entire crew killed by the planet killer when thought he had beamed them to safety.

The Borg hive mind, murdered in a fit of pique by a time bandit.

Another fave of mine, the Moriarty hologram, banished to a bodiless void for eternity.

Khaaaaaan, abandoned on an idyllic Eden like planet, only for it to become a wasteland and kill all his people driving him insane.

Gull Dukat, sent to actual hell?

Thomas Riker? Cmdr Tucker? Jadzia Dax?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The girl shot with the Varon-T disrupter by a country mile

Varria_varon-t_death.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The only time I saw a head explode on Star Trek

tng-125-conspiracy29.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wasnt moriarty let loose into a virtual universe?
    he'd have no way of knowing it wasn't the actual universe and what he wanted wasn't actually possible so it was the best possible solution

he'd have no way of knowing it wasn't the actual universe and what he wanted wasn't actually possible so it was the best possible solution

Yep, agreed. Plus he was never in the real universe to begin with...he existed in the holodeck. So basically he was removed from the computer, & placed into a larger environment. I don't see anything bad about this, they could have just deleted him.

It's like taking a fish out of a bowl & putting it into an aquarium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

EnterNow wrote: »

Yep, agreed. Plus he was never in the real universe to begin with...he existed in the holodeck. So basically he was removed from the computer, & placed into a larger environment. I don't see anything bad about this, they could have just deleted him.

It's like taking a fish out of a bowl & putting it into an aquarium

Between his first and second appearance, Moriarty was left in a void for what was to him eternity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I felt sorry for Alexander, Worf didn't really care about him and he was lost between human and klingon worlds, then for some reason he wanted to be a warrior but lacked nearly all the qualities for being one, it falls into the "why be something you're not" category. So he had to train the hard way and was generally humiliated for a long time. He probably wanted to gain Worf's acceptance. It sort of works out for him in the respect that when he goes back in time to fix the shaky path he's on he reveals to Worf that he's an ambassador or something like that. Essentially his entire life is one of struggle, repeated failures and being a dissapointment to his father.

Yeah the girl who got shot with the Varron T had a horrible end to a purgatorial life as Fajo's slave.

Harry Kim had a misreable life being Janeway's whipping boy. He never advanced through the ranks and declined Seven's advances, his life was one of denied opportunities, incredible regrets and shattered confidence.

That old guy on the planet who had omnipotent powers in TNG, he was basically left to his own perpetual personal hell when Picard left him.

I think Moriarty got off lightly though, unless he realised at some point that his universe was a simulation.

Between his first and second appearance, Moriarty was left in a void for what was to him eternity.

Ah sorry I thought you meant his final fate, when they remove him from the computer & give him a dedicated simulation box thingy.

Yeah that inbetween episodes void....good one

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

Tasha Yar killed by... tar...

(Waving goodbye, always made me laugh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Crew of the USS Lantree aging in days was bad.
    DS9 episode Nor the Battle to the Strong had a fairly minced up Federation solider, I think I'm remembering that worse then it actually was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

johnmryan wrote: »
    Tasha Yar killed by... tar...

(Waving goodbye, always made me laugh)

that video clip has nothing to do with tasha yar...

--edit

omg, rofl. nevermind

i never saw that before.. hahahahahahaahha

• Advertisement

--edit

omg, rofl. nevermind

i never saw that before.. hahahahahahaahha

Lol, good isn't it. It was her very final shoot if I remember correctly

Apparently they filmed them out of sequence, so yes it would have been her final one. Apart from the 'daughter' and self from another time.

Apparently they filmed them out of sequence, so yes it would have been her final one. Apart from the 'daughter' and self from another time.

They have to be two of the most dreadful episodes ever.

Redemption & Yesterdays Enterprise? :eek:

Assume he means the one where she dies and her final episode. Could not possibly mean Yesterdays Enterprise?

Could not possibly mean Yesterdays Enterprise?

Surely not Jim?

5864596642_8f1fe8b09c.jpg

EnterNow wrote: »
    Surely not Jim?

5864596642_8f1fe8b09c.jpg

I thought Indricotherium was referring to the episodes Skin of Evil & Symbiosis

Assume he means the one where she dies and her final episode. Could not possibly mean Yesterdays Enterprise?

This.

They are pretty woeful for sure :D Early TNG is a tough watch these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Have to admit, Jake Sisko's fate in The Visitor of searching for his lost Dad haunts me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sisko: A subjective eternity stuck with those holier than thou wormhole aliens. No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Needs no explanation

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sisko: A subjective eternity stuck with those holier than thou wormhole aliens. No thanks!

Not to mention having Kai Winn in your face...

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Not to mention having Kai Winn in your face...

That, is not linear

Listening to that all day too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

Lee Kelso getting strangled by cable thanks to Gary Mitchell was a pretty bad end for such a promising character in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Sonak_dead.jpg

Death by transporter malfunction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Lazarus, who must spend eternity fighting himself to protect all of existence in TOS The Alternative Factor episode.

320x240.jpg

I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking, it was unusual that he would never be rewarded for his ulimate sacrifice, which normally happened in TV shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

While not the worst fate imaginable, I'd say Thomas Riker being stuck on a planet on your own for 8 years is pretty rough.

The crew of the Pegasus had a nasty enough end as well, phasing back into solid rock. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭FGR

Cossax wrote: »
    While not the worst fate imaginable, I'd say Thomas Riker being stuck on a planet on your own for 8 years is pretty rough.

That said I wonder if he preferred that solitude over Cardassian prison.

Advertisement