Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corruption - The Rising

• 12-05-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Once again the armies of the undead are rising and destroying everything, whole nations have fallen, wars have ravaged the country side and the infected have wrecked the cities. No matter where you go, you can trust noone, not even the guy covering your back can be left to his own devices.

Once the food, clean water and basically every other resource start getting scarce all hell broke loose, we used our biggest weapons to try even slow down the advance but to no avail, all we did was destory the last few cities we had left. We hardly have enough ammunition left to carry on the fight and thier numbers just keep growing.

There is good news though, we found a place to hold up and build on the research of the last excursion. If we can crack this genome we can have a cure, imagine not just killing every zombie but healing them, saving lives and families. Now once and for all the last of the survivors are trying to take back what was ours, what we lost and what we must recover.

Date: 03rd - 5th of August

Arrival Time: Arrive slightly before 20:00 Friday evening
    Finish: 08:00 Sunday morning and get going out of there at around 09:30 if you'd like to hang around for a chat, cup of tea or a few shots down the firing range.

!! Free for zombies !!
    Price (with your own gear for one night): €50 (Membership does not effect this price)
    Price (with your own gear for both nights): €80 (Membership does not effect this price)

Price (with a rental package for one night): €80 (Membership does not effect this price)
    Price (with a rental package for both nights): €150 (Membership does not effect this price)
    !! Free for zombies !!

In the last installment there were so many zombies that players rarely got a chance to kill each other so prepare for some seriously scary action.

Things to bring:

Camping gear or at least a sleeping bag if your staying both nights
    A torch
    Spare batteries
    Change of clothes
    A packed lunch or money for food

Facilities offered; toilets, battery charging €2, tea/coffee €1, bbs sales, multiple gun techs on site and firing range to zero in your sights.

If you decide you don't want to sleep during the day there will be competitions ran in the firing range and some things happening around the building to keep you entertained and if you decide you want to go home for the day to sleep just be sure to get back to us before 20:00 that evening. Zombies get fed for free during the event (with airsofters), no seriously we'll feed them and we ask that zombies arrive at around 19:00 so we can all have a chat about the forthcoming slaughter before the airsofters arrive.

Fore more info or to get in on the banter check out; http://www.facebook.com/events/113717325431746/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 455 ✭✭UMP45

this will be EPIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

sounds great , will try get in for some of it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

I suppose Ill put this in the calender but I am still looking for a human shield:D:D:D
    obviously enough I can pay on the day if i make it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭deone

sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Souns good, do you guys have any videos of it?

• Advertisement

nathan99 wrote: »
    Souns good, do you guys have any videos of it?

search vacant airsoft on youtube and you should fint the zombie videos on it (part 1 and 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭CQB Airsoft

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    I suppose Ill put this in the calender but I am still looking for a human shield:D:D:D
    obviously enough I can pay on the day if i make it up?

You can indeed pay on the day dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AirborneAnto

Theres a bunch of us thinking of heading up from Cork, just wondering what the story is with the sleeping facilities, will we be outdoors and bring tents or will we be sleeping in the building itself?

Theres a bunch of us thinking of heading up from Cork, just wondering what the story is with the sleeping facilities, will we be outdoors and bring tents or will we be sleeping in the building itself?

sleeping in the building or your cars if you want, not sure on tents, it would depend on the weather id say but even at that its your own choice where you sleep, usually the reception is warm with the amount of people in it and some people go to there cars and sleep there with the heating on, but as i said its your choice weather you want to sleep inside or out. :)

Ah yeah sure bring your tents either way, the zombies always get the best room in the house and we have a couple of outbuildings for sleeping but at the same time you'd only want to be sleeping during the day and the outside won't be in play during the day so all the buildings out back are available and clean (well bar the hanger).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cathal2

is this event based completly on night game with no zombies during the day or evenings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

hey lads unfortunately i put it to my buddies for the game and they seem to wanna go to the another game so I cant make the event but I will get up there this year even for a skirmish unless your holding another zombie event around october (hallowee'en):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

Would love to make this, is it limited places and pay in advance or can I book now and pay upon arival (I'll most likly be down before this) :D

cathal2 wrote: »
    is this event based completly on night game with no zombies during the day or evenings ?

Hi Cathal,

The zombies only come out at night but during the day there are normal skirmish games, you can use the firing range or just crash out with those of us that hang around the back of the place during the day at these events.
    sharpy2010 wrote: »
    hey lads unfortunately i put it to my buddies for the game and they seem to wanna go to the another game so I cant make the event but I will get up there this year even for a skirmish unless your holding another zombie event around october (hallowee'en):D

Sure you have to play the field dude, loads of our lads are going to Bellurgan's next milsim but anyway we shall be holding a one night corruption event at halloween Sharpy ;)
    Phil Taz wrote: »
    Would love to make this, is it limited places and pay in advance or can I book now and pay upon arival (I'll most likly be down before this)

Hi Phil,

It is indeed limited spaces and we are almost there but no worries sure there will always be the one or two that cancel at the last second so there is always room. You can book by going onto the facebook page (link is in the first post) and say going and you can pay on site when you arrive mate.

Lads due to the temporary closure of vacant the location for this event has changed. For more info check here;

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/113717325431746/155198054617006/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Lads due to the temporary closure of vacant the location for this event has changed. For more info check here;

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/113717325431746/155198054617006/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Isn't that the same site that another bunch of lads had a test game on in the hopes of opening it up to airsoft??? Actually, don't I recall you guys being there at that particular game to "show your support":mad:

Fair play lads, always in the true spirit of airsoft with you guys:rolleyes:

jayod30 wrote: »
    Isn't that the same site that another bunch of lads had a test game on in the hopes of opening it up to airsoft??? Actually, don't I recall you guys being there at that particular game to "show your support":mad:

Fair play lads, always in the true spirit of airsoft with you guys:rolleyes:

Lol, Dave, Jay, Dmitri and a lot of our other lads were there yes and yes it is the same site, I believe they are (not us) opening it as a site fairly soon but not yet so I'm sure a big event that brings a lot of people to it is a good thing by all accounts.

Anyway you don't know us or our history so keep your stupid little remarks to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

Have to say have just heard about this now and find it very poor sportsmanship to undercut a site away from lads who put in all the original ground work to get this site available for Airsoft . The guys who put in the hard work at the start are as decent as you could meet and i would not take that away from them by attending this. I remove my interest from this event and all further events organised by cqb

darren ff wrote: »
    Have to say have just heard about this now and find it very poor sportsmanship to undercut a site away from lads who put in all the original ground work to get this site available for Airsoft . The guys who put in the hard work at the start are as decent as you could meet and i would not take that away from them by attending this. I remove my interest from this event and all further events organised by cqb

Once again we are only holding an event there, the lads are going to open the site there soon enough I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

As far as im aware one of the owners of cqb airsoft along with about 12 - 15 of his regular players went to the test games on the site the other week when they were on. They fully support the venture the lads are undertaking to open the new site.

With the closure of the cqb airsoft site for another few weeks, they were stuck for a location for their event. To not disappoint the 150 people looking forward to the event an alternative location was sought for the weekend.

Im not seeing why someone would put a negative spin on the location of the event, other than to try make cqb airsoft look bad for some unknown reason.

If anything, an additional 150 will now see the site and how airsoft works on the terrain instead of paintball and that is positive promotion for the location.
    When the place does open a a functioning site its potential client base is instantly increased due to the amount of people seeing the place when cqb airsoft have an event there.

So please keep the very strange negative spins on something to yourself when the fact is there is nothing negative about any of this.

One company gets to hold their event and not disappoint a lot of people and another company are getting a lot of promotion for the site they will fully open soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Raccoon City Development Labs

i dont see how having a event there is under cutting the site, if anything it will make the site more popular for the lads who will be opening it up at a later stage, i dont understand why you lads would need to come on and try derail a event because you think in YOUR opinion it is wrong what the lads are doing, well all i can say is, YOUR opinion, keep it to yourself if it aint a positive thing, give credit to cqb for getting another venue and not letting all those attending the event down, good luck with the event lads, hope it goes great :D

Sure the boys in bulldogs know and have wished us every success with the event.

Darrenff I understand how you thought it was but I hope the fact that the guys themselves are cool with it (and may be attending themselves) shows you that no one did anything wrong.

Anyway this is going ahead as a 2 night event (Saturday & Sunday night, plus Sunday and Monday day). €50 for a night and a day or €80 for the whole event.

Hope to see you all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AKSU Lover

Well that's sorted then. I'm going. It's 15 mins from my house. Never played a proper zombie game before. I was told before that the zombies number in the 20's. Also the zombie game I played before, the zombies had to be shot in the legs and arms first. A little more info before I ask my mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭O.B.R

are you asking for more info aksu? if so the zombies at the corruption events need to be shot in the head to be put down, shots to the limbs might limit their use of said limbs but more ofthen than not just keeps their attention locked on you, there are some zombies that go into a blood thirsty frenzy when shot in the head, really you only option there is to hope you can out run them! there are a few other special zombies and characters and lets just say its best you dont meet them on their terms or you'll be in a world of hurt! I personally have attended all but one of these events and they dont disappoint. But you dont have to take my word for it but i dare you to prove me wrong! bring you mates, its a lot easier to feign courage with a group of friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AKSU Lover

O.B.R wrote: »
    are you asking for more info aksu? if so the zombies at the corruption events need to be shot in the head to be put down, shots to the limbs might limit their use of said limbs but more ofthen than not just keeps their attention locked on you, there are some zombies that go into a blood thirsty frenzy when shot in the head, really you only option there is to hope you can out run them! there are a few other special zombies and characters and lets just say its best you dont meet them on their terms or you'll be in a world of hurt! I personally have attended all but one of these events and they dont disappoint. But you dont have to take my word for it but i dare you to prove me wrong! bring you mates, its a lot easier to feign courage with a group of friends!
    Awesome man. Cheers. We will see you there. I'll be the one with the TM AKSU hiding in the cornor.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eadyzrx1200

A few negative remarks, think I can guess what site those lads game at LOL :rolleyes:

Advertisement