Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

mmh, am i the only one thinking that a tank for 32.99 is not like a bargain at all?
    probably just me...

Those tanks are made by one guy on his own and they're amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

mrplop wrote: »
    Those tanks are made by one guy on his own and they're amazing.

Might get one for a mate of mine, which one do you have?

derra wrote: »
    Might get one for a mate of mine, which one do you have?

Lava tank - got it from a mate at UK Vapers.
    The filling hole is great although I have to use a 10ml bottle with a needle tip to fill it without getting fluid everywhere - not something you could say in polite company until recently.

I haven't seen the Towers up close but the polished version is a work of art, not a practical design because the shape of the tank means reducing the capacity - awesome looking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Have had an ego-t for a few months now and very happy (no going back to analogues). Ready to move on to something new but not sure what. Interested in trying out some variable voltage and just not sure whether to go for an ego-c twist battery or go all out and pick up a Lavatube.

Not sure exactly what I want other than to say I'd like to increase or broaden the experience. So, just interested to get some feedback and pros/cons from the more experienced of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

chacal wrote: »
    Have had an ego-t for a few months now and very happy (no going back to analogues). Ready to move on to something new but not sure what. Interested in trying out some variable voltage and just not sure whether to go for an ego-c twist battery or go all out and pick up a Lavatube.

Not sure exactly what I want other than to say I'd like to increase or broaden the experience. So, just interested to get some feedback and pros/cons from the more experienced of you!

I've used the Ego twist 650mah and the new LT from the best shop and they both have pros and cons

The lavatube will require batteries to be recharged separately but you get 2 and a charger if you buy the kit while you would need to purchase 2 twists so you have one to use while charging the other one but the batteries are built in.

The twist is probably more discreet and easier to carry around than the lavatube, at least the 650mah version that I seen is. I believe the 1000mah is kind of long.

If you are going to use tanks etc I'd say the lavatube is better as they will sit better on it and I think the LT hits that little bit better. It will also tell you the resistance of your atomiser or whatever your using and there is a battery indicator on it as well and these can be very useful features.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I've just been figuring out how much money i've saved over the past month:

Drum roll please..................

A grand total of €4.23 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,749 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Elbow wrote: »
    I've just been figuring out how much money i've saved over the past month:
    Drum roll please..................
    A grand total of €4.23 :D
    Hah!
    I've saved at least a minus fiver.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If it makes you feel better, I've spent about €260 more than I would've on rollies, and that's at Irish tobacco prices.
    I used to buy tobacco in Amsterdam, so it's probably more like a loss of €325-ish, but my spending includes the shîtload of flavours that (dear Me, let me like them) should last me six to ten months.
    If only I smoked packed fags, it would've justified the price within six weeks, though I do have my health...
    Can i really put a price on my health?
    My newly impoverished health?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

http://esmokers-inc.com/

I would have no problem recommending them, excellent customer service and quick dispatch. I have no affiliation with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Fecking drip tip came off my vision stardust, i now have a wet minty pocket :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just tell any women that ask that you were eating lots of minty fruit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Damn you all to hell.........I've been using the same wick/coil for about 4 days and there as nothing wrong with it at all. Of course this thread has got active again and I had to go make a new one again, just cos...............and of course it's not as good as the last one............

Damn you all to hell.........I've been using the same wick/coil for about 4 days and there as nothing wrong with it at all. Of course this thread has got active again and I had to go make a new one again, just cos...............and of course it's not as good as the last one............

meant for the RDA thread? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

meant for the RDA thread? :)

Damn it, yeah it was :)

Got a stainless steel Vmax today - it has the 3volt default setting, led screen can be shut off and it has better voltage calibration.

It's a totally different and much improved device compared to the V1,

DSC_0201.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

its nice, how much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,749 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Damn, that's looking good.
    Now I have stainless envy.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

its nice, how much was it?

It was €85 which is I thought was pricey but now I have it in hand - a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

mrplop wrote: »
    It was €85 which is I thought was pricey but now I have it in hand - a good price.

Good value as its the newer version, I really liked the build quality and the menu in the other one but it just packed too hard, this one sounds a lot better with the voltage calibration sorted out. Where did you purchase it from?

It came from Timeeast,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've been meaning to pick one up.....but the heavy settings of the first one have turned me off slightly.

Does 3v feel like 3v on this one???

eeloe wrote: »
    I've been meaning to pick one up.....but the heavy settings of the first one have turned me off slightly.

Does 3v feel like 3v on this one???

It still feels heavy duty but cartos don't burn as easy.
    I couldn't use a Nova on the V1 without burning but I can on this one so something is improved.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I might wait till vape fest before I make the purchase then....I'll try yours there and make the decision then!!! :) since your building up such a collection of mods lately.... Wanna sell me your don? :D

eeloe wrote: »
    I might wait till vape fest before I make the purchase then....I'll try yours there and make the decision then!!! :) since your building up such a collection of mods lately.... Wanna sell me your don? :D

I'll be a Vapefest - bring your own drip tip - you don't know where me mouths been!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Hi folks,

I bought this kit: http://e-smokeireland.eu/XL-Dual-Coil-Starter-Kit and am finding it fantastic. However, I'm not sure what model it corresponds to, is it the equivalent of the Ego-T?

If my assumption is correct, can I use something like this: http://www.irishvapers.ie/cartomizers/195-vision-ego.html on it?

I've been doing some reading, but the more I do, the more confused I seem to get!

This says that an atomizer is reusable: http://www.ecigarettereview.org/atomizers-vs-cartomizers.html, while a cartomizer is disposable, yet, I've been refilling my cartomizers with e-liquid? Am I getting my terminology hopelessly mixed up?

Finally, with the system I have, can I use a cart, or a atomizer? I'd sometimes like to have something prefilled, and which I could dispose of when finished, instead of having to haul the juice around with me.

you're kinda getting it half right

those are ego batteries, so you can use the vision ego on it and anything else with a 510 or ego connections. (also 306, fits into 510 connections but there's precious few of them around)

cartomisers are disposable because they'll last you 3-4 days to a week before you have to bin them. and atomiser is in theory meant to last quite a bit longer than that, although they never did for me.. which is why I moved to cartomisers pretty early on after I started vaping.

the vision ego might be good if you just want to carry it around , but they do go through juice very fast. you can get mega cartomisers for ego batteries .. basically the same idea as what you have.. but bigger with more filler inside to soak up more juice

depending on how often you vape it might be neccesary to bring a small 10ml bottle around with you to top up. with cartomisers it's best to keep them damp at all times, it keeps them living longer before you have to bin them. you can fill one up and then vape it till bone dry, but it'll die a lot faster that way

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Sergeant wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I bought this kit: http://e-smokeireland.eu/XL-Dual-Coil-Starter-Kit and am finding it fantastic. However, I'm not sure what model it corresponds to, is it the equivalent of the Ego-T?

If my assumption is correct, can I use something like this: http://www.irishvapers.ie/cartomizers/195-vision-ego.html on it?

I've been doing some reading, but the more I do, the more confused I seem to get!

This says that an atomizer is reusable: http://www.ecigarettereview.org/atomizers-vs-cartomizers.html, while a cartomizer is disposable, yet, I've been refilling my cartomizers with e-liquid? Am I getting my terminology hopelessly mixed up?

Finally, with the system I have, can I use a cart, or a atomizer? I'd sometimes like to have something prefilled, and which I could dispose of when finished, instead of having to haul the juice around with me.

You can basically use anything that says it has Ego or a 510 connection on the batteries you have.

I love the mega cartomisers and also use normal cartomisers with a tank - you'll see that being called a DCT. I like both as you don't have to refill too often. Have also used the vision stardusts.

Not a big fan of atomisers - find them too messy and fussy and the throat hit isnt the same but some people love them

Both atomisers and cartomisers are re-usable but atomisers tend to have a longer life afaik

http://www.bargainvapour.com/-Petra_Tank_Pre-order/p1274299_7129665.aspx

something like this is what septbaby was talking about, a cartomiser tank

you put a little hole in your cartomiser (boge cartomisers are best for these imo, same basic idea as the ones you have now) so the juice can soak into the filler. fill the tank with your liquid and you're sorted for the day

there's about 5 million different typs of cartomiser tank. that one isnt in stock yet, dont know when it will be
    but the mini-sub tank from momandpopvapourshop.com is pretty good, has a handy screw hole for filling too so you never have to take the top off unless you're replacing a dead cartomiser.

i quite liked the chibi tank from parkesvaping.com but you havec to use a syringe to fill them and it can be pretty fiddly. both of these tanks are under 10 dollars, shipping is pretty cheap from th states and takes about a week. the replacement cartomisers (and a cartomiser punch to put the hole in the cartomiser) can be found on irish sites

start having a look around for cartomiser tanks... thre's so many options you'll just have to look, decide what you're willing to spend and try one or two out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

you're kinda getting it half right

Not a bad start so!
    those are ego batteries, so you can use the vision ego on it and anything else with a 510 or ego connections. (also 306, fits into 510 connections but there's precious few of them around)

cartomisers are disposable because they'll last you 3-4 days to a week before you have to bin them. and atomiser is in theory meant to last quite a bit longer than that, although they never did for me.. which is why I moved to cartomisers pretty early on after I started vaping.

the vision ego might be good if you just want to carry it around , but they do go through juice very fast. you can get mega cartomisers for ego batteries .. basically the same idea as what you have.. but bigger with more filler inside to soak up more juice

depending on how often you vape it might be neccesary to bring a small 10ml bottle around with you to top up. with cartomisers it's best to keep them damp at all times, it keeps them living longer before you have to bin them. you can fill one up and then vape it till bone dry, but it'll die a lot faster that way

I went with the cartomizer option based on your advice in this forum, and I do like it. I think I'll order some larger cartomisers, as I'm either a) not filling them correctly, b) vaping too much. Probably somewhere in between. I sometimes start to get that slightly burned taste rather soon after filling, and I need to top it up again. Is there a hard-and-fast rule as to how much you fill, or is this something that you just start to get a feel for?

Finding the battery life good, and have the spare, and I think I'm beginning to instinctively know when the cart needs to be replaced, so enjoying it so far.

Thanks' for all the advice, legend of the boards status awaits you!

• Advertisement

you'll just get a feel for it. generally it's best to fill it up slowly and when it starts to drop out the battery connection. put it down for a few minutes, and put a few more drops in on top to make sure it's well saturated (but not soaked.. it's a tricky enough balance to get the hang of initially). make sure to wipe the battery connection with a tissue or something before you connect it to the battery.

it could be the juice you're vaping too although I doubt it. generally I found juics very high in vg tended to dry out a lot faster in cartomisers and needed topping up very often but most juices you'll find around are higher in pg so that's not too likely to be the problem. it could be the length of your draws, maybe you're vaping a bit more than you think, etc etc etc

cartomiser tanks might be the way for you if you find the topping up a pain in the balls. or the vision ego v2's maybe. there's so many options out there.. sometimes I wonder if it's too much as it can get unwieldy reccomending 10 different products to people

Advertisement