Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Odds after an event

Options
  • 09-06-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is a website that can show the odds of something before it happened?

For example if Denmark won 1-0 I want to check what odds they were before the match. Basically oddschecker but after the event.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there is a website that can show the odds of something before it happened?

For example if Denmark won 1-0 I want to check what odds they were before the match. Basically oddschecker but after the event.

The Live Chat Help on the major bookies website would general give you that info.

It was 14/1 on Coupon I still have if that helps:

C&P

5/1 HOLLAND 1-0
    6/1 HOLLAND 2-0
    7/1 HOLLAND 2-1
    10/1 HOLLAND 3-0
    12/1 HOLLAND 3-1
    28/1 HOLLAND 3-2
    25/1 HOLLAND 4-0
    14/1 DENMARK 1-0
    35/1 DENMARK 2-0
    18/1 DENMARK 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    The Live Chat Help on the major bookies website would general give you that info.

It was 14/1 on Coupon I still have if that helps:

C&P

5/1 HOLLAND 1-0
    6/1 HOLLAND 2-0
    7/1 HOLLAND 2-1
    10/1 HOLLAND 3-0
    12/1 HOLLAND 3-1
    28/1 HOLLAND 3-2
    25/1 HOLLAND 4-0
    14/1 DENMARK 1-0
    35/1 DENMARK 2-0
    18/1 DENMARK 2-1

Thanks for that. It wouldn't be worth that bother, I was just checking if there was such a thing around.

Thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

plus, because these prices fluctuate, its hard for bookies to post up one price for each betting option on a match, post match.

You will get the last price on winning outcomes on result section of bookies website...but not all the losing options which I think is what you wany as well?

Best thing is to collect the match coupons from your local bookies for reference.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    plus, because these prices fluctuate, its hard for bookies to post up one price for each betting option on a match, post match.

You will get the last price on winning outcomes on result section of bookies website...but not all the losing options which I think is what you wany as well?

Best thing is to collect the match coupons from your local bookies for reference.

That's perfect. Might just do that. Would of just being handier if there was a website but not to worry.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If you click on the team on odds checker you can see the price history. As long as the market is still up there.

• Advertisement

gpf101 wrote: »
    If you click on the team on odds checker you can see the price history. As long as the market is still up there.

Will try that one. I was only using football as an example but would like this to work for horses and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

for the horses, irishracing.com shows some early price moves without mentioning specific bookies, and racingpost.com will give the longest & shortest show price for a horse.

for the horses, irishracing.com shows some early price moves without mentioning specific bookies, and racingpost.com will give the longest & shortest show price for a horse.

Will they stay on the website even after the event do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Yes on irishhracing they do. They show the price fluctuations through the day without reference to particular bookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Racing Posts?
    There are expensive though.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Racing Posts?
    There are expensive though.

True they are quite expensive, that's why I was looking for a website because it might be a once off every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

What I usually do is google the event and then view the oddschecker cache

What I usually do is google the event and then view the oddschecker cache

Can I ask what this is and how you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Advertisement