Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish fans welcome England team to Poland

• 08-06-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Feckin morons

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Embarrassing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bunch of eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

They'll be screaming and roaring supporting them in the premiership in a few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Thankfully these idiots don't represent the majority of Irish fans,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Am I the only one that finds this funny ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Harmless jibes..

Singing the National Anthem was a bit much, but still, all harmless fun, Unless they purposely went out of their way, to that hotel to do it.. In that case, very, very sad..

But if they were cordoned off on that street as the bus/cars/fleet was/were coming, then i think, supporters of any country would've acted similarly, some may even have kept eggs just for such an occasion.

Anyway, harmless fun, part and parcel of the whole Euros package..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,572 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Thankfully these idiots don't represent the majority of Irish fans,.

82558118.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

FFS get a sense of humor guys.

Terry is a racist pmsl:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sparks43 wrote: »
    FFS get a sense of humor guys.

Terry is a racist pmsl:D:D
    It would be funny if we were playing them and there was a funny chant in there somewhere. To purposely go out of their way to boo the England team is just sad and small time. Hence why people are embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Jesus serious lack of sense of humour on this thread, more moral outrage over Irish fans who travelled to Euro 2012 & who where staying in Krakow decided to entertain themselves by having some banter with English fans, as their team arrived at hotel.

Me & friends found the video amusing....lighten up people! :D:D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Jesus serious lack of sense of humour on this thread, more moral outrage over Irish fans who travelled to Euro 2012 & who where staying in Krakow decided to entertain themselves by having some banter with English fans, as their team arrived at hotel.

Me & friends found the video amusing....lighten up people! :D:D
    No moral outrage here, I just think its daft that people would go out of their way to boo and jeer the English team. If it had been the English booing the Irish team, then you'd hear the moral outrage and it would probably be from some of the lads singing in this video too. Again, it's sad and very small time. I think most seasoned football supporters will agree.

If England had been in our group it may have been funnier. At least then the England supporters might give a shït.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭i8mancs

2qk4u wrote: »
    Am I the only one that finds this funny ?

+ 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

garv123 wrote: »
    They'll be screaming and roaring supporting them in the premiership in a few months time.

+1

Pathetic. No moral outrage, I couldn't care less, but it doesn't make it any less pathetic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

What's pathetic about it? It's called Football banter.

I was especially happy to not hear any "Sinn Fein" "IRA" inserts in the Fields.

What's pathetic about it? It's called Football banter.

I was especially happy to not hear any "Sinn Fein" "IRA" inserts in the Fields.

Its football banther when one end of a stadium is chanting at the other. Travelling out of your way to shout insults at the very men your cheer about every other week though? Yeah sorry, to me thats pathetic :)

Yes but you like Star Wars and Console Modding. What would you know about it? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Yes but you like Star Wars and Console Modding. What would you know about it? :pac:

Jesus, it's a bit of banter.

What would luke skywalker think of it all.....

There are videos on the internet of fans at the euros battering the shiit out of each other...and we have fans singing and chanting (lame chanting compared to what goes on at english grounds) at the English team and people are outraged. I guarantee there won't be one arrest of an Irish Fan over there.

• Advertisement

Brilliant crayola wit there :D

Down with the brits & all that jazz, unless there's a premiership game on of course...coz ya know, 'we' are doin' well in the leage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

There are videos on the internet of fans at the euros battering the shiit out of each other...and we have fans singing and chanting (lame chanting compared to what goes on at english grounds) at the English team and people are outraged. I guarantee there won't be one arrest of an Irish Fan over there.
    who said the english team and people were outraged ?you are making up your own stories,i doubt that the english even noticed ,just the polish citizens who watched their TV to see some irish fans behaving like that

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

just a bit of fun IMO, as long as no individuals from the team were singled out. is anyone hoping for a similar english performance that they had in the world cup.

getz wrote: »
    who said the english team and people were outraged ?you are making up your own stories,i doubt that the english even noticed ,just the polish citizens who watched their TV to see some irish fans behaving like that

I'm talking about people on this thread. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Don't worry. The English fans shall have their revenge when they start rioting and attacking everyone.

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Quite funny really - they gave them a nice welcome. If Irl play Eng - I would expect all Irish fans to give Eng a similar welcome.
    Wether they support a Prem lge team is completely irrelevant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

god them fans make ireland look like a pack of losers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ricero wrote: »
    god them fans make ireland look like a pack of losers

I reckon the Irish can scrape a draw with Croatia!

• Advertisement

• If they traveled there for the express purpose of shouting those things at the English then for shame. Just imagine if the roles were reversed, if the English supporters did the exact same; made their way to that street, shouted and sang, "God Save the Queen", you could be guaranteed that everyone that thinks it's funny would be in uproar over it.

But no, since it's us doing it to the English, it's fine. And, as someone else said, they'd be off supporting the very same players they jeered at as they're playing in the premiership.

I genuinely think the people that went there should have both their passports and their rights to leave this country revoked. At least then, they wouldn't make the rest of our country look like idiots.

Advertisement