Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Close Security Diary in Dangerous Terrain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

my question to you investment is!!! who did you do your close protection course with over here in ireland???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

2hr time difference to Dubai

Dubai is 3 hours ahead of IST.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Donny5 wrote: »
    Dubai is 3 hours ahead of IST.

Thanks for confirming that...but his time is still wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Not necessarily. He submitted the post at 1929, which would be 2229 Dubai time. He mentioned the time (10 to 10) in the second sentence of his post. If it took him 39 minutes to finish the next two odd paragraphs, and we can't rule out that kind of attention to detail from Investment, then his timing could check out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭R.Dub.Fusilier

is the OP David Ike ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Hmm I have my doubts, 16 hour days? Must be very tiring ?

I would also be having doubts if that "shake" were my boss, I mean he hired you as a driver in an arab country, which has it road signs in arabic, a language you either cannot or barely understand. Even worse he is letting you drive with an invalid licence, and as a result placed placed both himself and you in great jeopardy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

From a ' people watching ' perspective this is a fascinating thread , I've never seen a ' Walt ' in action close up , the story has more holes than a collander.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Donny5 wrote: »

Not necessarily. He submitted the post at 1929, which would be 2229 Dubai time. He mentioned the time (10 to 10) in the second sentence of his post. If it took him 39 minutes to finish the next two odd paragraphs, and we can't rule out that kind of attention to detail from Investment, then his timing could check out.
    Those were odd paragraphs indeed. Maybe he spent the 39 minutes checking his spelling. No... wait, he didn't do that.

Maybe his English teacher could help in this regard when he goes back to school in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

investment wrote: »
    Diary 2

.....I get my meals 4 times a day and I have a house near the front gate for free.

Ramadan starts next month (it'll be a toughie this year because it's during the summer) - what are the plans for feeding you then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Uh-oh. Vesty is NOT going to be happy now that his latest piece of fiction has been consigned to Walt land.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

It is called Dubai because the irish built their oil infastructure. The Locals were so impressed, now that they had enough wealth to create an independant arab state, they were most thankful to the Irish workers, and wished to name the land in their honour.

One of the Sheiks went to an irish builder, about to depart for his less sunny home in cork and asked
    "Can I name this land after your people?"

The corkman replied...

DO BOY!

First time I heard that one i nearly fell off my dinosaur! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

John_D80 wrote: »
    It is called Dubai because the irish built their oil infastructure. The Locals were so impressed, now that they had enough wealth to create an independant arab state, they were most thankful to the Irish workers, and wished to name the land in their honour.

One of the Sheiks went to an irish builder, about to depart for his less sunny home in cork and asked
    "Can I name this land after your people?"

The corkman replied...

DO BOY!

You have a pet dinosaur?? Cool!!

John_D80 wrote: »

It must be true if its that old.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Why has this been moved to walter mitty?

Lock this thread NOW!!!....Its all about give and take and you keep taking and not giving...so you can all fo F youselves now....YOU DONT DESERVE MY KNOWNLEDGE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,053 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Lock this thread NOW!!!....Its all about give and take and you keep taking and not giving...so you can all fo F youselves now....YOU DONT DESERVE MY KNOWNLEDGE

why do you think it got moved:rolleyes:

You are a known ledge. Totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

By the way what defensive weapon do you carry and are allowed legally carry in Dubai?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Found a new picture of 'investment' on Cnn Link here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

a trip to a mental hospital for a break is in order for ya investment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Mods - please don't lock this - it's too good to kill off in it's prime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Finally, investment's theme tune.......

If what your claiming is true why dont you pm a MOD with some proof and then your thread will be moved .......simples

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

OP said it was 10 to 10 yet you posted @ 1929hrs...2hr time difference to Dubai which means it should have been 2129hrs. Your watch is knackered.

4 meals a day? 2nd breakfast? are you a Hobbit?

Don't even know why I'm posting the guy is nuts, still good fun though.

hobbit... priceless :) :pac:

how do you draw an arrow in arabic!!?? :D

Anyway on a more serious note, one way sign in Dubai is no different than the UK i believe? Red circle with white horizontal line through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Clitlady

Ok as many of you know I moved to dubai recently to start my new job. I will be head of security for a well know shakai who his worth billions through his oil fields. I'll update you on day to day events without security
    being compromised.

This thread can answer a lot of questions for those who are considering a job in security abroad.

I've had a few minor run ins with the law over not wearing a tee shirt the first day I arrived.however my boss was able to save my ass (which sounds Irony when I should be saving his ass)

The weather is good its over 30 degrees today :D

take-my-money.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

[/SIZE][/SIZE]I only have the one incident today which involved driving up a one way street because the signs were in arabic.

I see. Very confusing.

SuperStock_1848-429965.jpg
    No entry sign, Financial District, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

MadsL wrote: »
    I see. Very confusing.

SuperStock_1848-429965.jpg
    No entry sign, Financial District, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

That could mean anything.....................

I mean, it's in aramaic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

[/SIZE][/SIZE]I only have the one incident today which involved driving up a one way street because the signs were in arabic. The police were on my back within seconds and pulled us over. They would not accept my Irish drivers license and I need a UAE licence and they would not let me drive the skake home...so they we were shake and myself sitting on the side of the road waiting for his bulter to get a taxi and drive us home....I got some filty looks on the way home would be an under statement:rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe that you would still have a job after such an incident. Should you not have been scanning you surroundings and planning escape routes instead of sitting on the ground shooting the breeze with the milkshake.

Of course there is a simple solution. It just so happens that this time tomorrow I shall be rubbing elbows with Sandhurst's finest cadets at a knees up in the academy. I'll just ask the prince if his old man has recently hired an incompetent paddy to be his CPO.

I find it hard to believe that you would still have a job after such an incident. Should you not have been scanning you surroundings and planning escape routes instead of sitting on the ground shooting the breeze with the milkshake.

Of course there is a simple solution. It just so happens that this time tomorrow I shall be rubbing elbows with Sandhurst's finest cadets at a knees up in the academy. I'll just ask the prince if his old man has recently hired an incompetent paddy to be his CPO.

Ah lads come on , we need to leave the OP alone , how else can we keep this valuable, in depth, truthful account of life as a bodyguard for a "shake" alive ????

Oh btw Where is the OP , head buried in the sand ?? parked wrong way on a one way street ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

That could mean anything.....................

I mean, it's in aramaic.

Yeah, but they have ways of getting around that problem now

engrish-funny-translation-fail.jpg

Advertisement