Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

• 04-06-2012 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭

We've had the avengers i want the justice league!!!!!!!
    Just sayin is all..........................but wouldnt we just love it!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,598 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Chris Nolan's Batman, The Dark Night
    Superman flavor of the year
    the Green Lantern, played by Van Wilder
    The flash?

Do you see where I'm going with this? How do these things fit together on screen? Like seriously go watch Green Lantern and at random parts of the movie imagine Christian Bale walking across the scream yelling "My parents are dead!" and see if it makes sense.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Superman/batman will be as good as it gets I think.
    It would take a few movies to get the gravitas of Luther right and move him from villan of the week territory to president though.

I'd rather no justice league movie than a crap one.

If I was in charge ? Empty the company bank account , get Nolan to start making the classic batman stories ( contagion , no mans land etc.) leave the big ensemble pieces to marvel. Pick your battles and don't fight the ones you can't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

WB/DC are incapable of making anything other than Batman and Superman and not all of those were great. Green Lanthern was terrible.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If they follow tha Marvel template I'm all for it.

If you want the Justice League done right then pick up the animated films. While Marvel have been producing the superior live action films, DC have been crafting some damn fine animated films based on their properties.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

^Yea, true that. The latest one, Doom, based on the Tower of Babel graphic novel was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

if they do a JL movie then it'd have to happen after the Batman reboot, Nolans Batman doesnt fit in with a wider DC universe at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think the problems with a Justice League movie have been laid out, DC comics suffer from the same problem.

In the case of the Avengers it is easy to believe that they exist within the same universe but it's a lot harder to believe that Batman will have a base on the moon after spending the best part of a decade with Nolan's version being the prominent one.

They are also a little light on major characters to put in the movie, after their main three and Green Lantern who have they got...plastic man, hawk man? Not exactly instantly recognizable names to the majority of people.

They should probably leave it to the animated movies where they can just drop in and out on a storyline basis without having to worry about any major continuity like Avengers does, and for how good Marvels movies have been I would like to see them follow DC adapt some of their major storylines as animated movies. (AOA please:D.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If they follow tha Marvel template I'm all for it.

This.

Reboot Batman with guest appearance from Green Arrow, reboot Superman with teaser for Martian Manhunter at the end, reboot Green Lantern with guest appearance from Flash and make a Wonder Woman movie. Then, Justice League.
    If you want the Justice League done right then pick up the animated films. While Marvel have been producing the superior live action films, DC have been crafting some damn fine animated films based on their properties.

This.

^^I think Flash deserves his own movie too, he'd be more well known than GL if it wasn't for the Reynolds movie. I notice you didn't mention Aquaman :D

• Advertisement

^^I think Flash deserves his own movie too, he'd be more well known than GL if it wasn't for the Reynolds movie.

True... Actually, I agree! I like the Flash and they could probably do something decent with him... Also, I liked the GL movie (apart from the CG suit). It was by no means perfect but Reynolds is likeable and the movie was a decent foundation. I'd be happy for it to be included in a JL franchise after the fact, were such a franchise to happen.
    I notice you didn't mention Aquaman :D

ninja.gif

Yea, here's no need to reboot GL in my eyes. Just maybe make a better sequel. They got a lot of stuff right in that movie imo, just not as much as they got wrong. The stuff that took place off earth was decent iirc.

Yea, here's no need to reboot GL in my eyes. Just maybe make a better sequel. They got a lot of stuff right in that movie imo, just not as much as they got wrong. The stuff that took place off earth was decent iirc.

Yep defo. Wasn't as good as the animated "First Flight" movie but there was a lot of good to it. A good director could pull off a really good sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Any handy links to this back catalogue?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Any handy links to this back catalogue?

THey're listed on the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Animated_Original_Movies

There was a thread discussing them a while ago too: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67615913

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thanks

Will definitely check them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Turtyturd wrote: »

They are also a little light on major characters to put in the movie, after their main three and Green Lantern who have they got...plastic man, hawk man? Not exactly instantly recognizable names to the majority of people.

I'd argue that Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman were bigger names in pop culture than Iron Man, Thor and Captain America before Marvel Studios entered the film making business. Then you've got The Flash, Green Lantern and Green Arrow playing supporting roles. This roster, on paper, is stronger than the roster that Marvel Studios has available to them.

Since the 52 reboot I've been enjoying Wonder Woman. If it were somewhat based on her Greek Mythology similar to the comic and the animated film they would have a winner.

Looks like the wheels are in motion already...

http://collider.com/justice-league-will-beall/171321/

They have been talking about a JL movie for years. It's not likely to appear in any cinema for years to come.

• Advertisement

stankratz wrote: »
    Looks like the wheels are in motion already...

http://collider.com/justice-league-will-beall/171321/

The team they're getting to do that doesn't fill me with confidence. They should let Whedon make his Wonder Woman movie dammit, although that wouldn't go down well with Marvel I suppose!

i think a JLA movie is an inevitability after how well Avengers has done though.

The team they're getting to do that doesn't fill me with confidence. They should let Whedon make his Wonder Woman movie dammit, although that wouldn't go down well with Marvel I suppose!

Yes...with Eliza Dushku as Wonder Woman. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Gangster Squad looks top notch so getting Beall can only be good.

With regards to Wonder Woman I think Gina Carano should do it. Has all the attributes and wasn't too bad in Haywire

Eliza is not tall enough. She needs to look like an Amazon. At least 5' 10" preferably 6' tall.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

The script is apparently 'dark and mature' according to Mark Millar, world renowned bullshítter, who's friends with Beall

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Any1 hear anything about Armie Hammer being batman in the justice league movie? Trying to find something on it at the minute

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Any1 hear anything about Armie Hammer being batman in the justice league movie? Trying to find something on it at the minute

*wait sorry he was the previous choice for the role I think

Yeah Hammer was linked to the role last time they tried to get it off the ground. To be honest, I think Hammer would be an interesting successor to Bale full stop, never mind in the Justice League film.

^^Yea that was for the one that got canned. They were going for a young cast i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

This. I could not believe how much better the animated movie "Green Lantern : Emerald Knights" was than the atrocious movie. I would have loved to have seen something like Emerald Knights as a movie.

DC could do a Justice League movie, but they would need to release a decent Superman/Green Lantern and Flash movie first. They can easily enough crowbar in a more generic batman with a new Bruce Wayne.

Advertisement