Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An English Taxi Drivers Message For The Irish

• 01-06-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭

This man makes a lot of sense, but I get the feeling he'd talk the ear off you in a taxi.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

6 minutes with a mouthy cabbie?, I'll pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

mike65 wrote: »
    6 minutes with a mouthy cabbie?, I'll pass!

Well I'm glad you dropped in to tell us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Someone already made this thread and it was closed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

If I was in his taxi I would say 2 things to him...

1. Are you busy?
    2. So what time do you finish??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Mr Magners wrote: »
    If I was in his taxi I would say 2 things to him...

1. Are you busy?
    2. So what time do you finish??

Ah peter kay, the legend haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Is he practising for when he has a passenger? The gaps seem to be left for someone to go 'Oh, right, yeah, you're probably right, hmm'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Connemara-men, they're like facking mountains, THEY'D BUILD A CIT-AY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Jayzus he has a skewed view of the Irish.

He's in for a serious fu*king surprise if he comes over here looking for a misses who'll work 5 jobs and bake him a cake, and he better not ask what the queues are for outside the dole office, cause give an Irish lad an excuse not to work, and some of them are more than happy to collect their hand outs and sit in the pub at 1 o'clock on a Wednesday afternoon talking about what a gobsh*te Enda Kenny is for slashing their benefits.

Sorry mate, you mean well, but the reality is that the Irish are their own worst enemies. It's nobodies fault but our own. And we're a shower of greedy cu*ts and that's how we got where we are today, not because of the Germans, the IMF or Brittish rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Guy needs a chill pill

Has he the gearstick up his a*se or what? Sounds like it.

We need to get Unions :P :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

This guy hasn't a clue what he's talking about.
    Typical cab driver i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

the hardest working people in the world.... until the poles showed us up :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I took him seriously up until he mentioned setting up unions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

You know what, we used to a hard working people. Back in the 80s in London I always got offered the job over anyone else on the basis that we Irish were there to work, didn't turn up late, didn't take silly time off. Our only downside was that we wanted our two weeks off over Christmas come what may. I wonder what changed.

Advertisement