Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Please review my site

Options
  • 31-05-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

This new site of mine has just been launched, I did have some teething issues which I think I have sorted, the main homepage picture is something I would like to change, photo design is not my strongpoint though, all feedback appreciated , site is www.satellitetvtrade.com

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This new site of mine has just been launched, I did have some teething issues which I think I have sorted, the main homepage picture is something I would like to change, photo design is not my strongpoint though, all feedback appreciated , site is www.satellitetvtrade.com

I would use the top menu bar for stuff like About, contact and maybe link to the default full categories page, keep the left categories box for the breakdown. It doesn't need to be duplicated and as shown there you will run out of space for all categories so it looks messy. Nice job all the same, could do with changing the opencart template a bit if you know how if you like, make it less generic looking ;)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not bad Steve, nothing much to comment on, straight forward and simple, easy layout, quick loading, it's good enough but i'd make the font a little bigger, maybe just one or 2 notches.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

Thanks for the comments guys, i agree it looks too generic, i will have a go at changing the font and some of the colours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I agree with the previous comments. The other thing I would add...

as a customer I want to buy your products. I do NOT want to have to set up another account to do so. I realise that you'll want to have a customers details on record, but customers don't want the hassle. If you can make it so someone can purchase something without signing up for an account (i.e. sign in via fb/google/twitter) people will be far happier and may be more likely to purchase something.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allaboutclicks

I think it looks great. The only thing I'd change is the color of the sitename. I don't think that purple doesn't go with the light blue. Maybe the dark blue of the active buttons would be good or just a more navy shade of purple?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JD RoX

I think it looks great. The only thing I'd change is the color of the sitename. I don't think that purple doesn't go with the light blue. Maybe the dark blue of the active buttons would be good or just a more navy shade of purple?

It's not the blue... The grey doesn't go with that purple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Where are the prices? Put them right up front.

+1 on dump the registration. You'll lose a significant percentage of potentials buyers doing that. Users want to buy and go, not have some relationship formed with you and your products are generally one-off buys.

Do something better with the logo, even if it's tacking a dish on the end.

Get testimonials from happy customers.

Get a Facebook account to complement your site to some extent.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Look into activating opencart's guest checkout feature, this will allow users checkout and buy w/out registering on the site

Nick

Advertisement