Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So Michael Dorn is interested in making a Star Trek movie

• 31-05-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Just saw this, and it seems like a good idea to me. Michael Dorn is pitching his idea for a new Trek movie, looking at direct to dvd, or a tv film or something similar rather than the full theatrical release method. I would love to see this picked up by SyFy, CBS, or whoever, especially if it lead to similar Trek projects in the future.

Thoughts? Could this be a welcome addition to the Star Trek franchise?

Source

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Just saw this, and it seems like a good idea to me. Michael Dorn is pitching his idea for a new Trek movie, looking at direct to dvd, or a tv film or something similar rather than the full theatrical release method. I would love to see this picked up by SyFy, CBS, or whoever, especially if it lead to similar Trek projects in the future.

Thoughts? Could this be a welcome addition to the Star Trek franchise?

Source

Great idea I think, after JJ Trek, sure where's the harm in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Maybe the Defiant will get it's own movie. It would make a change from the battle-cruiser/explorer type ships that make up most of Star Trek screen-time.

Or maybe, just maybe the Luna-class ships (i.e. U.S.S. Titan) will finally get to the not-so-big-screen. Maybe the movie could cover what Worf decided to do after he finished being an ambassador to the Klingons.

Either way, they seem like ideal little ships to slip in and out of nasty situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Either I'm ill informed or something doesn't add up here, any film will have to be done with Paramount not CBS, CBS has the tv series rights and not film rights.

Anyway, I would love to see something new that's far removed from the current film BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Yeah, I'm not sure how that would work. Maybe as a TV film it would count as a television production rather than feature film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

A 2hr tv special filling in what the next gen boyos were up to during the dominion war would be good.

Betezed getting invaded is mentioned in ds9, plenty of scope for a troi / riker tension fest rescue there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭DenMan

Fair play to him. Would love to see this happen. Well done Mr Worf...eh Michael ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Would really love to see this happen.
    JBnaglfar wrote: »
    I would love to see this picked up by SyFy, CBS, or whoever, especially if it lead to similar Trek projects in the future.
    [/URL]

That would be very cool but I'm not sure if it would work with many other characters, the real benefit of having this centred on Worf is the Klingon forehead and his beard/Hair will somewhat hide the effects of the 18 years since the series finished.

A 2hr tv special filling in what the next gen boyos were up to during the dominion war would be good.

Betezed getting invaded is mentioned in ds9, plenty of scope for a troi / riker tension fest rescue there.

Doubtful there will be many of the original TNG characters if any bar Worf, time is the killer on that. Would have been nice if done around the same time as DS9, both are really good characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

That would be very cool but I'm not sure if it would work with many other characters, the real benefit of having this centred on Worf is the Klingon forehead and his beard/Hair will somewhat hide the effects of the 18 years since the series finished.

Fair point. My thinking was more that I'd like to see a continuation of this Star Trek canon/universe more than the Abram's alternate, although I can see why you might think I meant something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just no Luxwana Troi. Not unless it starts with her being murdered anyway.

• Advertisement

Could easily be done like a submarine movie but on a Bird of Prey, here's your mission, stealth to destination, let loose the dogs of war, lots of Klingon fun and success.

Advertisement