Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best toll payment method?

• 08-03-2012 12:57pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 29

Hi

So I have recently found myself in a position where I'm driving to East Wall everyday and to do so I have to use the East Link Toll. It costs €1.75 twice daily. So for five days a week, I'm looking at €17.50 and for a month it'll be €70 to €75.

So I think I might be as well go off and get one of those tag yokies that I see so many cars using. Been on to tagcompare.ie and eflow.ie and there appears to be quite a few different companies that offer tags.

Just wondering if anyone has experience using a tag and what would be the best value one to buy?

Thanks

Shee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I would go with Easytrip, their tags work on all tolls and in most qpark car parks. I also found their customer call centre much better that eflow, who i found to be a disaster.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 29 da_shee

Just checking them there, they look reasonable enough. I would probably go with a 'purchased tag' if I go with them. They mention a monthly administration fee but they're a little vague on how much that actually is or is likely to be.

it's around €1.21 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Buffman

Handy tag comparison site. http://www.tagcompare.ie/

Just a warning to verify prices though, sometimes I've found some to be incorrect.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

etloveslsd wrote: »
    it's around €1.21 per month

it's up to 1.23 now
    vat increase
    and there's no reductions on the toll amount on east link

• Advertisement

There's no reduction on any tolls other than the M50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭eFlow: Una

Hi folks,

Just some info regarding eFlow tags:

Our tag rental fee is €1.23 per month (including VAT) and having one of our tags reduces the cost of the M50 toll by €1.00 per passage. The eFlow tag can be used on all tolls in the Republic of Ireland.
    We offer a post-paid account (payment being taken automatically the month after for tolls/tag fee, following issue of a statement) and a pre-paid account (credit being put on the eFlow account and topped up by automated payment when it gets to a certain threshhold).

Regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

eFlow: Una wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just some info regarding eFlow tags:

Our tag rental fee is €1.23 per month (including VAT) and having one of our tags reduces the cost of the M50 toll by €1.00 per passage. The eFlow tag can be used on all tolls in the Republic of Ireland.
    We offer a post-paid account (payment being taken automatically the month after for tolls/tag fee, following issue of a statement) and a pre-paid account (credit being put on the eFlow account and topped up by automated payment when it gets to a certain threshhold).

Regards :)
    Una

Ah, there are two tolls on the m50. Could you clarify your statement? or do I get a euro off both tolls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Ah, there are two tolls on the m50. Could you clarify your statement? or do I get a euro off both tolls?
    There is only one toll on the M50?

Apologies, the port tunnel is also part of the M50. I thought it was part of the M1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Easytrip: Lynn

Anyone have any queries regarding their easytrip account they can PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

I've had a tag for 10 years now (was originally EzPass, now I think it has become easyflow) and it's the best hassle-saving device ever.

Not having to root for change, and being able to sail through the M7/M8 tolls on the express lanes is worth every cent of the admin fee, and any occasional cent in interest that I might have lost by the fact that I'm pre-paying.

Generally the tags work very well - battery tends to fail after about 4 years.

C635

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Easytrip: Lynn

Thanks & Just to clarify there Conway635 - eazypass is now easytrip but if you are having problems with the battery on your tag PM and I can resolve the issue for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

Thanks Lynn - I'm fine for the moment, since I swapped to one of the newer, smaller tags (the ones that make a beeping noise) a year or so ago.

I'd reccomend anyone to have a tag for the speed and convenience.

C635

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭finbarrrr

Folks,

The "Pay as you go" Toll tags have a 10% "Service Charge" - what is that?
    Is it 10% on the total usage of the card, say €10 spent in tolls there is another €1 added??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

finbarrrr wrote: »
    Is it 10% on the total usage of the card, say €10 spent in tolls there is another €1 added??

Yes.

Advertisement