Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2012 Cooking Club Week 7: Baked Nutella Cheesecake

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Between 6 to 8 slices depending on how hungry everyone is :)
    Thanks, I'd like to make it, but I am the only one in my house who eats sweet things and I'd never eat a full cake by myself, so will have to give this one a miss until I can feed 6-8 people with it :(

Although, I have a ramekin set, would it be possible to make a teeny tiny version of this and cook it in the ramkin? Obviously it'd have to be eaten straight from the ramekin as it'd be impossible to take out.

Although the ramekin could make it soggy if it holds the heat for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Could you do it in a small foil case, like a takeaway container, Lovely Muffin? You can get them in pound shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Could you do it in a small foil case, like a takeaway container, Lovely Muffin? You can get them in pound shops.
    I could, I actually have a packet of them somewhere around the house I think. Must have a look for them.

Would anyone have any rough measurements for making enough for 1-2 people please?

I've tried dividing the amounts, but am getting weird measurements, this is what I came up with.

I divided the measurements by four and then divided them by two, but don't think they're right tbh. :confused:

31.2g - biscuits
    9.37g - butter
    25g - nutella
    62.5 - mascarpone
    0.3 - egg - obviously I'd have to use a full egg
    0.1 tsp - ground ginger
    0.25 tbsp - cornflour
    1.25g - caster sugar

I'd really appreciate any help. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You can't divide up a baking recipe like that. It's chemistry, the ratios are very important. The best you could do would be make 1/3 of the original recipe and hope for the best. That would serve two people. So it would be:

85g ginger nut biscuts
    25g butter, plus extra for greasing the tin
    65g nutella
    170g mascarpone
    1 egg
    0.5tsp ground ginger
    0.8 tbsp cornflour
    35g caster sugar

You'd also need to (obviously) use a smaller tin, and reduce cooking time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Success! \o/

533095_10151164745279251_514944799_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Between 6 to 8 slices depending on how hungry everyone is :)

Jeez, I'd never eat 8 slices. When I make it I think I'll just cut it into 4 slices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Jeez, I'd never eat 8 slices. When I make it I think I'll just cut it into 4 slices.

Ah, the old Jason McAteer classic ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

OMG NOM OMG NOM OMG

I only discovered this forum today and now I hate you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Very nice, TeletextPear! I use a whole 400g jar of Nutella! :pac:

picture.php?albumid=2062&pictureid=13326

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Not sure if it counts as a zombie update, but I made this cheesecake over the weekend with one of the kids. Easy to do and very tasty - although I may add more more Nutella next time to make it more 'chocolatey'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Can you use Philadelphia cheese for this instead of mascarpone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Would be okay I'd imagine. Maybe add a drop of cream as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Yeah I went with it, didn’t add the cream but probably should have to bring up the fat content.

I’m 30mins into baking it now!

Hope it works out.

Advertisement