Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

airsoft map

• 21-05-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

hi guys

just wondering is there any map online of all of the sites and shops in ireland?

if not i think it'd be a great idea and help newcomers immensly...instead of multiple new threads along the lines of "wheres the nearest site/shop to me", we could just have the one collective map

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

excellent thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Airbana. Has iPhone & Android apps and a whole load of stuff underneath the hood.

Edit:
    Irish top-level page
    • Ireland specific skirmish map
    • Ireland specific retailers map

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lemming wrote: »
    Airbana. Has iPhone & Android apps and a whole load of stuff underneath the hood.

Edit:
    Irish top-level page
    • Ireland specific skirmish map
    • Ireland specific retailers map

Isnt that shockingly outdated and most of the information incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

TheDoc wrote: »
    Isnt that shockingly outdated and most of the information incorrect?

It does seem to be. a lot of events and sites aren't on this at all...it's amazing how a lack of interest/time maintaining a site can bring it down. id rather a poorer app that be updated regularly than a great app that isn't.

I must say that the map in lemmings post is quite good...i've it bookmarked on google maps and is syncronizrd with my android phone and works very well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AirsoftMap

Hi Everyone,

Airbana is maintained by Skirmishers and Site Operators not necessarily myself. With over 1000 entries already in the database and more added each day it is hard to keep track of them all never mind find new ones especially being just one person with a day job and a family!

Site Details can be edited by clicking the edit icon edit.png and new sites can be added by Navigating the 'Add Info' menu at the top of the site.

If any of the sites are out of date please feel free to email Gareth@Airbana.net and let me know or tweet @Airbana and we'll remove it immediately.

Gareth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

AirsoftMap wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Airbana is maintained by Skirmishers and Site Operators not necessarily myself. With over 1000 entries already in the database and more added each day it is hard to keep track of them all never mind find new ones especially being just one person with a day job and a family!

Site Details can be edited by clicking the edit icon edit.png and new sites can be added by Navigating the 'Add Info' menu at the top of the site.

If any of the sites are out of date please feel free to email Gareth@Airbana.net and let me know or tweet @Airbana and we'll remove it immediately.

Gareth

Just curious, if the members of the public have the opportunity to edit content on your site, how do you protect from Spam? Or know if the sites are legit or not?

P.s, this is not an attack, I'm just curious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AirsoftMap

ReCaptcha and HMAC prevent automated spamming.

I also have a rudimentary abuse detection system that checks for weird edits or multiple edits from the same IP address that appear suspicious.etc

Also 9 times out of 10 another member of the public or skirmish site operators notice malicious / erroneous edits and fix / report them before I have chance too.

Plenty of people have tried spamming negative reviews, adding spam sites etc but no automated attempts have got through as far as I know.

Gareth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

This is a question we were getting asked quite a lot, by both online queries as well as in-store, so we decided to put together a Where to Play section on our website.

As we said while making it, any retailers are welcome to use it - just send us an email and we'll send you on a copy! Also, if your site is not on it and you'd like it to be just send us an email with any information you want included, and we'll do the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Is the Airbana app on the iphone app store?:confused:

I can only seem to find the app for Android.

• Advertisement
Advertisement