Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In the playpen:Aisling(",)

• 23-05-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭

Thanks to a pm from Lawliet reminding me I'm in the playpen procrastination is reaching a new level.

I'm not the most interesting or eccentric character but feel free to ask away,who knows whats hiding behind a really annoying smiley faced user name!

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

What's hiding behind your really annoying smiley faced user name?

I don't actually find your smiley faced user name annoying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

What's hiding behind your really annoying smiley faced user name?

I don't actually find your smiley faced user name annoying :P

An equally annoying person!
    I was 14 when I signed up for boards and back then I used smiley faces in everything.I'd love to change it now but I'm never bothered to subscribe.

funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Are you sorry you didn't go for the traditional sideways smiley face? Or was there already a Aisling: ) knocking around the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

How do you feel about having very close to 13,000 posts? :)

And what are your thoughts on Boards in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You're on death row, you're going to be shot in the morning. You can have

one last book?
    One last meal?
    One last phone call?
    One last piece of music played to you?

What would you choose?

• Advertisement

Lawliet wrote: »
    Are you sorry you didn't go for the traditional sideways smiley face? Or was there already a Aisling: ) knocking around the place?

I was far too cool as a young teen to revert to the boring old regular smiley face.:cool:

:pac:

82aaafe0-df70-47da-af57-e48bf31cd073.jpg?cb5e28

Togepi wrote: »
    How do you feel about having very close to 13,000 posts? :)

And what are your thoughts on Boards in general?

Oh lord...that is quite alot.
    When I was younger and wasn't able to stay out till all hours,I used to stay up till all hours on boards in the nocturnal forum.I had the highgest post count in one of the biggest threads seen on boards at the time.I bet I'll hit 13,000 and wont even notice though.

I like boards,Its one of my most visited sites.I like how its so broad and you can usually find something to entertain you for a little bit.Though you do get some shower of **** on here the same as everywhere else.I think you get a heap of the in after hours in particular.Some people just love to pick people apart for no reason

koalafications.jpg

cloud493 wrote: »
    You're on death row, you're going to be shot in the morning. You can have

one last book?
    One last meal?
    One last phone call?
    One last piece of music played to you?

What would you choose?

Oh,considering my Potter obsession it would probably be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.I've read the books easily over 20 times each and I never ever get sick of them.

I'm not sure what I'd want for dinner probably something greasy cheesy and horrifically bad for me but I would deffo ask for a deep fried mars bar.....drool!

My last phone call,It should probably be my Mam but I think I'd have to pick my complicated/ex/best friend.He'd be the last one I'd want to talk to if I got the choice because he means so much to me.

Music,well I couldn't really give a flip.If I was used to the fact i was going to die then probably something happy like Somebody to Love by Queen but if I was melancholy It'd be "I know the truth" from Aida.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Right, because I don't really know anyone here, from now on I'm going to judge everyone's entire character on one random question, their answer to the question and general handling of the question. ;)

Lucky you, you're first up! :pac:

Do you prefer liquid or solid soap, and why??? :confused:
    :cool:

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Do you prefer liquid or solid soap, and why??? :confused:
    :cool:

Liquid soap definietly!I work with food so I wash my hands a bazillion times a day.Squirty soap is quicker,easier to handle and just feels cleaner to me.Though I'll pick any sort of soap over hand sanitiser I hate the stuff and the strong alcohol smell turns my stomach.

i-just-feel-so-irrelephant.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I can see you are the kind of person that thrives under pressure (under the pressure of my first random question!), definitely a decisive person, yet makes calculated and correct decisions, in every aspect of your life. You also have a sense of pride in your work, and self-respect and discipline nobody can conquer.
    Yet you are not afraid to work outside of your boundaries, to break the mold, you're a real Maverick in every sense of the word, and if necessary, you'll take a stand to defend what you believe in. I feel like I now know you, and if I was to go to war tomorrow, I would want you by my side.
    Take a bow, Aisling(",), take a bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I am enjoying your pictures. They give me laughs.

Harry potter fan eh?

Favourite character?
    Death you were saddest about?
    Books or movies?
    Worst movie adaptation?
    Best movie adaptation?
    Fred or George?
    Do you find it creepy that Harry got with Ginny?
    On a scale of 1-10 in the deathly hallows part two, how terrible was the flashforward at the end?

And non-HP questions:

What's your favourite tv programme?
    Favourite book apart from Harry Potter?
    How's college going for you?
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I am enjoying your pictures. They give me laughs.

Harry potter fan eh?

Favourite character?
    Death you were saddest about?
    Books or movies?
    Worst movie adaptation?
    Best movie adaptation?
    Fred or George?
    Do you find it creepy that Harry got with Ginny?
    On a scale of 1-10 in the deathly hallows part two, how terrible was the flashforward at the end?

And non-HP questions:

What's your favourite tv programme?
    Favourite book apart from Harry Potter?
    How's college going for you?
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

From the first book its always been Hermione,I know thats the normal girl answer but its true.Since I was seven I always wanted to be like her,and I suppose in ways I am.I'm definitly that annoying though not as super clever.

When I was reading the books Hedwigs and Fred's deaths were the saddest but the I think that in the films it was Snapes and Dumbledores that hit me.

The books always the books with Potter.

I think the Goblet of fire was probably the best done movie adaption,but the first film was almost word for word the same as the first book so it depends on how you're judging it.

I don't really think that theres a terrible adaptation but I had a few issues with the first part of the deathly hallows.That weird dance scene and almost kiss with Hermione...what was up with that!!

George,if purely for the holey pun when his ear was blasted off.

I never thought Harry and Ginny were a good fit but I suppose its better than the Harry/Luna shippers.I think he might have been better off ending up with someone who wasnt involved directly in the war.And yeah its his best mates little sister it is a smidge creepy.

Em I'll give it 4.I'm glad they didn't leave it out as it is a bit of closure but Ginnys mammy hair was ridiculous and they just looked so strange and not in any way grown up.

I don't really have one favourite programme I have about 8 that I follow but I suppose Glee is up there at the top with Greys anatomy.

I read a lot of murder mystery books.I love the Rizzoli and Isles series and anything by Lynda La Plante.

College is grand.I really like most of my course.the only thing is I'm not sure if its what I'd like to work as but I've two more years to figure it out I suppose.It also dosent help that I'm awful with technology.

As much would as Chuck Norris could chuck!

tumblr_lpxiq9Wz6P1qc0q1zo1_400.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement