Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

• 12-03-2012 9:11am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm still not quite sold on this. Light cluster panels on the ankles bug me.

10omtmq.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I will be all over this on release.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I can be terribly bad with silhouettes. Any guesses on MP13?

2iu2du0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Megatron? Or in a guess motivated by hope more than logic, Soundwave? :)

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Megatron? Or in a guess motivated by hope more than logic, Soundwave? :)

There seems to a fairly broad opinion it's Soundwave...

Fingers crossed, wonder if it would come with a tape of two?

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed, wonder if it would come with a tape of two?

It fricking well better.

Some of the preorder prices are putting this thing in the same ballpark as MP11.

It's gonna be cheaper, i presume......but i think, relatively speaking, it's going to be another price hike for the line.

Less than $120, i'll be surprised.

15zio1k.jpg

As long as it's not a QC disaster like some past MPs, i'll be buying anyway.

I'll probably give this a miss and use the cash on FOC generations figures.

Soundwave would be a totally different story!

I expect Takara to price MP Soundwave up the *expletive deleted* wazoo because of the (fairly inexplicable, imo) attachment so many people have to him.
    (He turns into a box for f*cks sake)

The irony is that had a third party company (fantoys) not released photos of a resin proro of their own MP Soundwvave, Takara would probably still be languishing on it.

Even though people have been demanding a Masterpiece Soundwave for years. (see previous comment on pricing)

I'm guessing..... Late January release. This should give Takara a good six months until the almost inevitable Hasbro release.

And if there isn't a Hasbro release of MP Soundwave, imo, Hasbro need their heads checked, (it will sell)

I'm also going to get even further ahead of myself, and suggest a cartoon accurate deco for the Takara one, toy accurate deco for the Hasbro one.

Soundwave looks to be the same price as MP11, and is due in Dec.

Sidswipe is looking like around $85 local Japanese price.

And MP12A (Red) Alert is also due in Dec.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No real interest in a masterpiece sound wave tbh as I have the g1 already and live that one.

I'm wondering if they are comparing the size of sideswipe to mp1 or mp10. If its the latter, he is going to be quite small! I'm actually delighted we'll get Red Alert too :-)

Mp10.

We do not discuss how Masterpieces used to be cheaper, bigger, and with enough diecast to cause someone injury if used improperly.

Some of the American sites are looking for $140 pre order on mp13. That's some serious wedge! Would want to come with 4 tapes at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

wernstrom! wrote: »
    the (fairly inexplicable, imo) attachment so many people have to him.
    (He turns into a box for f*cks sake)

He's nostalgia in robotic form.

I'd say they will do Soundwave next because of the amount of spinoff product they can make from him. As you said, toy accurate / 'toon accurate. Not to mention a Soundblaster repaint and a Blaster remould along with a Twincast repaint. They'll probably make all sorts of tape variations / repaints too.

Some of the American sites are looking for $140 pre order on mp13. That's some serious wedge! Would want to come with 4 tapes at that price.

Par the course pricing for a medium sized Masterpiece these days. I'm expecting no more than two tapes. It might only be one.

Galvasean wrote: »
    He's nostalgia in robotic form.

I'd say they will do Soundwave next because of the amount of spinoff product they can make from him. As you said, toy accurate / 'toon accurate. Not to mention a Soundblaster repaint and a Blaster remould along with a Twincast repaint. They'll probably make all sorts of tape variations / repaints too.

Blaster would want to be so extensive a remold, although the transformations are rather similar, that there'd end up being a lot of new tooling.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Blaster would want to be so extensive a remold, although the transformations are rather similar, that there'd end up being a lot of new tooling.

I honestly wouldn't put it past the beancounters to do a straight up repaint and put a smiley face scrawled across Soundwave's faceplate...

*snorts with laughter*

Mixed feelings about Soundwave.....but always found Blastter kind of annoying..... before Blaster Blues, and long after.

If they going for toy accuracy, he'll have be twice as tall as Soundwave.

There's also a rumor going around about a TRU MP Thundercracker.

Some people say they'be been told it's the MP3 mold not the MP11 mold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If it's going to be an Autobot, the it'd be nice to get a G1 character that had a terrible figure back in the day like Bumblebee.

I'd love a headmaster though, Chromedome, Hardhead or Arcee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

Id put good money on MP14 being Sunstreaker

GerHankey wrote: »
    Id put good money on MP14 being Sunstreaker

It's actually Red Alert.

Seems a few dealers jumped the gun.

Soundwave's price info was wrong too.

It'll be the best part of $200 local price in Asia.

And you'll only get Laserbeak with it.

New pictures in first post.

Sideswipe looks great. Makes my Classics one look rubbish by comparison.
    Soundwave is looking well so far. I wonder will they give him an MP Grimlock style eye colour change gimmick?

Color pictures are out in the wild.

There are also resin protos of the other four tapes being shown, Takara said 'next year' for those.

Takara's presentation at the Toyko Toy Fair toyday included a black silhouette that morphed from Shockwave to Soundwave.

Either dropping hints, or just plain trolling us.

toyshow2012_018.jpg

• Advertisement

toy is love!

Advertisement