Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

INDOOR OR OUTDOOR

Options
  • 05-05-2012 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

indoor or outdoor airsoft site wich u like best and why

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

outdoor,simply coz im not fit enough to play indoors lol. last time in tallagh cqb playing terminator game i had to leave the game to take my mask off and get some air into me.was on the verge of collapsing lol. fcukin smokes!! and dont ya know i had a smoke while i was sitting there,makes no sense atall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Indoor usually.

no wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Outdoors. I just love an airsoft game in a forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Indoors, simply for the fast paced game.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Outdoor all the way, indoor just gets repetitive unless the place is huge but so far as i can see most indoor places in this country are based in fairly small industrial units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Both. I play outdoors more, the games can be more dynamic outdoors, the weather makes it interesting too, especially when it rains. also when you're playing outdoors you can really see how well all those upgrades you put into your AEG are squeezing the max range and accuracy out of the AEG. I play indoors too sometimes, there are some weekends were i just have an urge to play indoors. Indoors is a massive adrenaline rush compared to outdoors, very fast paced and you're right up close to the other team, so snappy reactions are everything. It all depends really. It's like the M4 Vs AK thing, it's up to yourself. I mainly play outdoors but every now and again i want that feeling of knowing the enemies are extremly close :rolleyes:

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

I play both but outdoors all the way. I do enjoy indoors but to much can get repetitive, where as outdoors you can have bunkers, buildings, woodland, bush and even just something as simple as long grass to add to the variety of the gameplay. Also, as said already, for those that like to invest in upgrades for their guns, outdoors is the only environment to test them to their limits as far as range is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I don't find the simple fact of whether a site is indoors or outdoors to be a distinguishing feature; a CQB site with the same parameters (size etc) will produce largely the same style of game irrespective of whether you are surrounded by four walls and a roof, or roaming free. As always it is down to the site's features and the calibre of the site operators that determines the game's dynamic, and whether or not the games get repetitive etc.

Personally speaking I do not prefer one over the other, as they are two very different beasts. It all depends on what I am in the mood for at the time. Indoors is a little lower maintenance, but overall gaming experience outdoor is generally more encapsulating.

Unfortunately I have found that a site could have the best facilities in the world, and yet without being matched with equally good site operators the games will be both stagnant/uninspired and almost completely without enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

indoor or outdoor airsoft site wich u like best and why

is this for genuine discussion or market research?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CLOSER Indoor Airsoft

Hi Thermo,

Its a genuine discussion, all we're asking is what people prefer, to play and people feeling on indoor V outdoor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

thermo wrote: »
    is this for genuine discussion or market research?

What does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭DonnyG

BOTH
    Two completely different type of games , keep up doing both

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

TheDoc wrote: »
    What does it matter?
    In our little benevolent dictatorship, it's none of your business. It's also against site guidelines to question a mod post on thread - particularly when it has nothing to do with you.

Your choice Doc, take the red pill or the blue pill, lets see how deep the rabbit hole goes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

I have only played indoor not outdoor yet. I was playing in vacant so i did not find it small.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Back on topic, I've only had the pleasure of playing indoor CQB - loved it - hated the frikkin stairs though, legs were knackered the next day.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭TerrenceAnth

Well i play mainly outdoor but i have done a bit of indoor and to be honest i like the whole open ground thing and small bases here and there. But my perfect side would be outdoor with a few buildings here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Steve wrote: »
    In our little benevolent dictatorship, it's none of your business. It's also against site guidelines to question a mod post on thread - particularly when it has nothing to do with you.

Your choice Doc, take the red pill or the blue pill, lets see how deep the rabbit hole goes. :)

We know where the hole goes, wont bother me arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CLOSER Indoor Airsoft

i dont know which i prefer i do tend when i play i like the indoor but then there is somthing about outdoor as well lol as one of the other posters said most of the indoor site are very small was looking on youtube at a place called cqb city id love to have that sort of place to play in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

i dont know which i prefer i do tend when i play i like the indoor but then there is somthing about outdoor as well lol as one of the other posters said most of the indoor site are very small was looking on youtube at a place called cqb city id love to have that sort of place to play in

Yeah I seen a few vids on that place foookin mental.

Advertisement