Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

South County GC Closed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I just drove past the club and I'm pretty sure I saw Jeremy Beadle going into the club house!!!

Could it be? Surely not! Could it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

ForeRight wrote: »
    I just drove past the club and I'm pretty sure I saw Jeremy Beadle going into the club house!!!

I doubt it - he's been dead four years.....

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

link_2007 wrote: »
    It is interesting but it seems unusual that the original text said they would be issuing a statement to the creditors if it was for this reason, no?
    We will only melt our own brains trying to speculate.

He was getting lessons on his grip.

Ok cheers mr serious head.
    We ain't at the joking stage yet I see. I'll try again tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dangerous golfer

Im sorry Fore Right but theres nothing at all funny about this scenario.

Im sure you are a nice chap but lets keep our heads screwed on here.

I get the sense he is just trying to lighten the mood. I for one am at the end of my tether and that really made me chuckle. Thanks ForeRight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dangerous golfer

Im at the end of my tether too mate but I dont chuckle when I get to that stage, hence the username!!! lol

If you didn't laugh you would cry.

I'm going to bed. That's enough golf depression for one day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tonyka

agreed... wake up tomorrow and it will all have been just a bad dream

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Guys please don't post anything that is not 100% fact, you are only spreading rumours which will grow and grow and are not helpful. I know what happened today is terrible and shocking but please don't be speculating. When you get information straight from the club like Scubapro, post away but not something you "think" is going on

Mine was a (poor attempt) at humour as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

That was funny.

Mine was a (poor attempt) at humour as well. :)

One more before I hit the hay so

It's a rumour so the mod might delete it!!!

I heard that Jeremy beadle had a very big penis...
    But on the other hand it's very small.

One more before I hit the hay so

It's a rumour so the mod might delete it!!!

I heard that Jeremy beadle had a very big penis...
    But on the other hand it's very small.

sarcastic tone on...

HA HA HA

......tone off!:P

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Guys please don't post anything that is not 100% fact, you are only spreading rumours which will grow and grow and are not helpful. I know what happened today is terrible and shocking but please don't be speculating. When you get information straight from the club like Scubapro, post away but not something you "think" is going on
    Apologies man its just well you know how we mus be feeling right now. Its like a death in the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Wow thats a shocker. Feel sorry for members particularly. I have never played it myself but I know people who did recently and they liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 turkish2

scubapro wrote: »
    Looks like great news for the moment, anyone have info on how this is gonna work ?
    will we have gui handicaps,i only joined last tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Like most places that close , it will have a knock on effect not only to members but to staff and suppliers, I feel sorry for all involved and understand how precarious my husbands job is as he is a greenkeeper and knows a lot of the course staff involved.

turkish2 wrote: »
    Looks like great news for the moment, anyone have info on how this is gonna work ?
    will we have gui handicaps,i only joined last tuesday?
    Unfortunately not. You must play golf from a home club. South county golf club (2004) ltd has now ceased operations so will no longer be a member of the GUI once they officially notify them. Our hope is that a new club 'SCGC 2012 ltd' is set up ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

Hot off the press

Dear Jason,

As landlords to the South County Golf Club Limited and in the pursuance of clause 7 of lease entered into 8/11/2000, we are advising all said members that we have taken possession of the facilities until further notice because of the actions and abandonment by the company and its directors.

We advise members of the club that they are welcome to play golf as usual subject to rules and regulations and the Golfing Union of Ireland. Presently the bar and restaurant will remain closed but we have agreed with the Club Professional to leave the Pro shop open.

Landlords,

John & Patrick Kavanagh

How did the landlords get our email address. What about the data protection act?

Apologies man its just well you know how we mus be feeling right now. Its like a death in the family.

no worries, its a shocking situation ye are in and hopefully it will be resolved soon.
    As someone else mentioned earlier the only news they were getting was from here so I think its best to give actual facts rather than speculation. I didn't realise we had so many SC members on here.

Best of luck.

shamco wrote: »

How did the landlords get our email address. What about the data protection act?
    The email was sent from the Managers email account. He was up there last night so must have been on the Kavanaghs behalf.

Anyway the course is officially open today so I might get up at some stage and see what's going on. Great responce to this thread I must say.

The email was sent from the Managers email account. He was up there last night so must have been on the Kavanaghs behalf.

Anyway the course is officially open today so I might get up at some stage and see what's going on. Great responce to this thread I must say.

I know I should be happy the course is open but for some reason it makes me even more frustrated as it's quite obvious there is a lot going on behind the scenes yet the memebers, and probably the staff, are completely in the dark over everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

He was getting lessons on his grip.

good 1 hope all works out at the club guys

I went up this morning to see what's going on. Pat and Jim Kavanagh were there (landlords), the staff from the pro shop and a few members. There is no real new news from what's been said already but what I can confirm is:

Membership records are wiped and gone with the board.

The Kavanghs have repossessed the land and are operating it on a pay as you play basis for the foreseeable. 10euro.

The machinery has all been removed overnight by SCGC. Very underhanded and sly move.

About 40 members met on Tuesday night to discuss tackling the board over the clubs running. A matter of hours later the board pulled the plug and abandoned the land.

Locksmiths came in Tuesday evening and were changing the locks. Staff asked management what was going on and were told dont worry new keys will be issued in the morning. Text sent at 6.20 am to say club gone.

So far no communication between landlords and board. President Tom Fahey declining to comment.

crikey, not good news for members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭bustercherry

I went up this morning to see what's going on. Pat and Jim Kavanagh were there (landlords), the staff from the pro shop and a few members. There is no real new news from what's been said already but what I can confirm is:

Membership records are wiped and gone with the board.

The Kavanghs have repossessed the land and are operating it on a pay as you play basis for the foreseeable. 10euro.

The machinery has all been removed overnight by SCGC. Very underhanded and sly move.

About 40 members met on Tuesday night to discuss tackling the board over the clubs running. A matter of hours later the board pulled the plug and abandoned the land.

Locksmiths came in Tuesday evening and were changing the locks. Staff asked management what was going on and were told dont worry new keys will be issued in the morning. Text sent at 6.20 am to say club gone.

So far no communication between landlords and board. President Tom Fahey declining to comment.

Pay and play for existing members? How do they know if the membership records are gone?

• Advertisement

Yep pay and play for members. Fact is we are no longer members. The Kavanaghs say they cannot afford to support the course without money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement