Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IAA Forums locked over the last few weeks?

Options
  • 08-05-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭

Hey all asking this in a non mod capacity.

Anyone know what is happening that the IAA forums are locked?

But as i have discussed this with my co-mods this is not to stray off topic any off topicness will be strictly stamped on.
    Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

andy_g wrote: »

But as i have discussed this with my co-mods this is not to stray off topic any off topicness will be strictly stamped on.
    Andy

I closed them as we are redeveloping the website and the forums won't be part of it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Ok so where can people ask the governing body public questions and make their nominations to the commitee?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Would the committee tell me whether they have had the accounts of the Association audited. If yes, when and where will they be published and if No, are you able to tell us why?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    I closed them as we are redeveloping the website and the forums won't be part of it in the future.

O great, cant wait to go to Facebook for even more lols

Silly, forums are an easy, zero cost communication tool to allow people to utilise.

Im going to make the grave assumption your going to use social media as your front for people asking questions.

I know I would never ask a question to a governing body on Facebook,

Review of most airsofters posting " debates" on Facebook says all

Obviously the above assumes your using facebook, but stupid to remove forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Andy

info@irishairsoft.ie might have been a slightly more direct route for answer / nominations / questions ?

• Advertisement

Dogwatch wrote: »
    Would the committee tell me whether they have had the accounts of the Association audited. If yes, when and where will they be published and if No, are you able to tell us why?

info@irishairsoft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

fayer wrote: »
    info@irishairsoft.ie might have been a slightly more direct route for answer / nominations / questions ?

Not Quite the IAA forums are for the member's to ask there questions publicly and express opinions.

With the forums on the governing bodies page locked where else is it meant to be asked/seen?

Or is it a case of if not seen it didnt happen mentality, which to be fair it looks like it is.

Also if i remember correctly the forums on the iaa webpage were setup to have the discussions seperate to boards but now there is nowhere that the iaa are allowing discussion of the governing body or the decissions they/it are making.

On my last note of this post.

Only a few months ago there was a big hulla ballu because no one wanted to stand for the committee and that the iaa would no longer excist, is this just another way of trying to write the committee/iaa out of excistence?

Not Quite the IAA forums are for the member's to ask there questions publicly and express opinions.

With the forums on the governing bodies page locked where else is it meant to be asked/seen?
    They setup a Facebook page where they conduct their business it seems. The email address is readily available. Lets be real if you are wanting to post something publicly its probably because the poster is looking to stir some contraversry or something. If there is a genuine question the email addy has always being there, people post on the forums looking for drama. So maybe they felt enough was enough?
    Or is it a case of if not seen it didnt happen mentality, which to be fair it looks like it is.
    The website is going under major reconstruction, which they advised some months ago did they not? No doubt they've been a bit slow doing it to be fair. But considering all of about five people ever read it per month, hardly a big deal.
    Also if i remember correctly the forums on the iaa webpage were setup to have the discussions seperate to boards but now there is nowhere that the iaa are allowing discussion of the governing body or the decissions they/it are making.
    The forums were setup to discuss the IAA, not to be a separate entity. Its not their fault there is nowhere to have a bit of drama about irish airsoft now. It was boards decision, well actually, airosft moderators decision to discourage and outlaw IAA threads or discussion on the forum, seemingly because
    A) People were too stupid to have a proper debate
    B) Mods seemingly couldn't deal with high volume / traffic threads.

There is no other reason for it. Its about the only interesting thing that used to happen here, when IAA or IASRA or some **** would come up. Considering its the governing body for Airsoft in Ireland, the "main" forum not allowing its discussions is pretty drowl and **** in fairness.

Only a few months ago there was a big hulla ballu because no one wanted to stand for the committee and that the iaa would no longer excist, is this just another way of trying to write the committee/iaa out of excistence?

Because they took down the forums? Hardly. I dont agree with the decision but I can see the logic, in that it was just for nominations of spouting drama. However it also hosted some pretty important topics on some serious stuff that people should have and hopefully did get informed about over the years.

Websites have enough plugins and new technology now that a forum isnt the most critical way to provide information. however it kinda involves someone actually posting some information.

On a separate note from all of this, the IAA is our governing body, and its usually the most important discussions about our sport. This is a forum for airsoft. Not allowing discussion on the IAA to be started by a non mod, is ridiculous.

Also I'd say you posted about less then 10 times on that forum, why the sudden interest in whats going on with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

But they are not locked??

IAA Q&A

Ask away with your questions there if you want a public discussion / response.

IAA Q&A

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC-YIFvE75n7BDFJxzcoJfTRtkOCbmtp4UiPKE9ilxAX_bpCYcnruiMvy7:www.inflatechan.net/furry/src/133251362419.jpg

• Advertisement

Why all the protests about a question which you are unable to answer? This a public open discussion forum about airsoft.

Too many accusations in the past about secrets and things being done behind closed doors.

Either the accounts have been audited or they have not.... i think 2 months would be ample time to complete the job.

Over to the elected members of the IAA committee..........

Why all the protests about a question which you are unable to answer? This a public open discussion forum about airsoft.
    No its not, typically IAA related threads are not allowed here for some reason and they are also closed directing you to the IAA forums.

As Fayer pointed out, they are not locked, so you can ask there.
    Either the accounts have been audited or they have not.... i think 2 months would be ample time to complete the job.

Well going by the minutes from the AGM and EGM it appears there was serious messing with the accounts being handed over, and some barriers to getting things in order swiftly.

Coupled with the messing that went on last year, I'd say its fair to say it will take a bit of time to put in order

The IAA typically don't post here, they have a news thread that gets updated ( rarely) they have an email address that's been posted twice and there are their forums, which appear to NOT be locked. Aswell as a Facebook page.

So why don't we cut the bull**** and just recognise the fact you've got some alternative agenda here? If your so concerned about the accounts an e-mail will be alot quicker to put your mind at ease. But its pretty evident you are trying to host some sort of public bashing of the IAA, because no doubt the accounts have not being audited yet, and that's somehow a big deal.

I'll agree as much as anyone that the committee has been pretty quiet and doesn't look up to much, but I'm not going to sit aside and watch them get pulled into some public bashing.

Hopefully they don't take a rise from it.

To re-iterate, if you are so concerned about the accounts, pop them an email, post on their forum or post on their Facebook.

Considering the moderators are so heavy handed and quick to lock threads without any purpose, considering this threads original question has been answered, and clearly the only path from here is IAA bashing why don't you intervene and lock the thread, as you normally do with anything IAA related.

Or is that what is wanted here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i remember when this was all about fields

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Too many accusations in the past about secrets and things being done behind closed doors.

Like TheDoc says, there's an agenda at work here. You've probably been spending a little too much time down at a certain airsoft site that's supposed to be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

C'mere to me while I have a word in yOur lughole..
    Why on earth dose this concern you or anyone?? Bar the person/s involved
    Allegedly cooking the books .. Tell ya something it don't
    So leave it there and stop trying to cause ****e for "your" mate
    No one has a single **** to give about it at all it's not like your gonna be in a crowd screaming hang him send him to jail
    Leave it there old man no one likes a rattle box

Yet more protests. What are you all afraid of??

Conspiracy theories,being advised to back off, you boys really must change the tune or the tablets.

It is the usual bully boy tactics.........You all seem to have so much more information about the inner workings of the IAA than other members.....

Keep shouting boys........everyone now wonders why such a simple request brought you all back to Boards.ie.........seems this is the place to be!!!!!!

I will wait for someone who was elected to the committee to answer instead of all the conspiracy theorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Conspiracy theories,being advised to back off, you boys really must change the tune or the tablets.

It is the usual bully boy tactics.........You all seem to have so much more information about the inner workings of the IAA than other members.....

Keep shouting boys........everyone now wonders why such a simple request brought you all back to Boards.ie.........seems this is the place to be!!!!!!

I will wait for someone who was elected to the committee to answer instead of all the conspiracy theorists.

No conspiracy. I could just as easily ask why they weren't done all last year, and the answer there is a lot less convenient for you or your mate. You're the one stirring it and crying conspiracy here I'm afraid.

There are lots of ways to contact the IAA, so if you're a concerned member (which I suspect you're not) contact them that way. This thread will probably go the same way as any other thread that talks about the IAA on boards tbh, someone who's never gone near the IAA regurgitates some conspiracy theory, gets smacked down, and then there are bans. Unless of course that person is a former (or current) HRTA regular, in which case the posts mysteriously disappear.

Again, no conspiracy theory. It's a pretty standard script on boards. All we need now is Paul Carey coming on and saying I planted illegal pyros in his go-kart and framed him for it (and then the vacant regulars talking about vacant).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Honestly, I usually stay out of the pissing contests that occur on Boards but they raise a valid point. If you care so much, why don't you contact them directly?

It is the usual bully boy tactics.........

Incorrect, its just the usual few refusing to sit by and just watch absolute bull**** manifest itself, where newer members and players might be led astray

I'll always be around to defer the tinfoil hat brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭eversmann

tumblr_lpkmstFb541qgdsdb_thumb.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

IAA Q&A

You can no longer register to post there so effectively they *are* closed unless you already had an account.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OK, the question as to why the IAA forums are closed has been answered - that was the point of this thread.

The next question is do we continue to disallow IAA discussion on this forum - historically we didn't because the IAA had a public forum for this and that was the correct place to ask these questions.

Starting this thread in public was not done lightly - it was only after my request for the same information from a committee member was ignored and even then it was agreed that it would be started in a non mod capacity and kept a close eye on by the other mods.
    It has already gone off topic and that coupled with the likelihood of similar threads descending into 'bashing' is something we need to consider.

We (mods) need to think about this and come up with a plan and some ground rules if it's to go ahead that we allow discussion of IAA matters.

If any of the current committee wish to comment then please contact us by PM.

This thread has run its course.

*non-mod bit*
    Personally, I'll be in favour of allowing discussion - I detest censorship and I think boards Airsoft forum users should be entitled to give their views on anything related to the sport, however, not all boards Airsoft users are IAA members and are therefore cannot demand information that only members are entitled to. Such will be our dilemma.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement