Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle - Season 4 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

A nothing really new in there, nothing that htey havent teased us with before in other season finale's bar that ONE GLARING SECOND towards the end! But who knows if it will actually go through. When is this ep out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Skinfull wrote: »
    A nothing really new in there, nothing that htey havent teased us with before in other season finale's bar that ONE GLARING SECOND towards the end! But who knows if it will actually go through. When is this ep out?

Out on Monday as far as I know.

I haven't read that link bpb101 posted. I watched the promo and it's spoiler ridden enough!!
    Will save the rest for the actual episode. It's feature length right? I thought I heard that a while back, so that's pretty awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I stopped watching promos for all series as they usually contain spoilers. And hate it when reviews refer to those promos.

But as for this week's episode, they take their laser tag seriously with Alexis repelling from the ceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

the link i posted is only the promo.
    Didn't hear anything about feature length . Do you mean a hour and a half

Feature length castle finale? I'm in! WOO!

• Advertisement

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have said that. I looked the ep up on IMDB and it only says the normal length.

I could have sworn reading it was gonna be a double length one a while back. I must have been wrong though.

Sorry for getting peoples hopes up!!

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have said that. I looked the ep up on IMDB and it only says the normal length.

I could have sworn reading it was gonna be a double length one a while back. I must have been wrong though.

Sorry for getting peoples hopes up!!
    Well that ruined my life, thanks

I dunno about life ruined... But... awww :(

bpb101 wrote: »

...I watched it...:eek:

A few times! WOW! Cant WAIT to see this show! I reckon I'll be watching this episode a few times over! (Like that Xfiles Episode Triangle!)

• Advertisement

Tuesday will be a good tv night and next week in general . Lot of season finales
    Then there. Nothing to watch durning the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I just love this show.. the Undead Again episode was fantastic, but it's just what I've come to expect from Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

It's all going down tonight!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I think I died and went to shipper heaven.

Holy **** Season 5 is going to be a whole new ball game.
    Curse you hiatus!

It may not have been perfect, but it was a good end to the season. Spoilers below

Beckett's whole revelation as she was about to fall was good. I was expecting her to get the guy, it was a nice development that she decides to let it go and live instead.
    I also really liked the fallout from keeping it secret. I'm glad it wasn't a simple forgive and forget by Gates. Esposito is not happy with Ryan. That will make it interesting to see what happens in the next series, if it gets picked up.

My main gripe with it was how they found the killer. Super secret and untraceable for most of the series, but then he doesn't think to check for cameras in the church or about the GPS in the rental car. Bit of a glaring oversight in my opinion.

Still, it will definitely be cool to see where it goes in the next series now that Castle and Beckett are together. The twist that the bad guys are gonna be after her again was unexpected. I thought they were gonna just leave that part of the story alone from now on.

Beckett: PI has to happen next season.

Think of how much fun it would be for Castle to play the old Gum Shoe Hard Boiled Pi

And Ryan will be promoted to Beckett's position, but they'll team up for EVERY case.

Oh I hope that happens!

Beckett: PI has to happen next season.

Think of how much fun it would be for Castle to play the old Gum Shoe Hard Boiled Pi

And Ryan will be promoted to Beckett's position, but they'll team up for EVERY case.

Oh I hope that happens!

Haha, that would be class. Don't think it'll happen though. Most likely Beckett will realise that even if she ignores her mothers case, she lives for putting scumbags in jail :P She'll return to the force I'm sure. But don't get me wrong, your suggestion would be a great change!

Well ...
    A tense episode to say the lease!

I don't know where to begin.

Really enjoyed the ep. Shoddy casework aside, the character interactions were great and I dont just mean the obvious. Espisito and Ryan, taking different routes and not just following each other round like lap dogs.

But Beckett and Castle... at the end... how he didn't just take her back, because she was kissing him! I liked how he pushed her away (twice) and wanted to know what happened. Also the up close shot of Castle just before he kisses her, the lightning and the eyes! LOL Brillaint.

One thing... the shooter... Helo! When he was being punched, the way he just kinda kept looking at her, without defending himself... I always knew he was a Cylon!

• Advertisement

I really liked where they were kissing towards the end and it showed the bullet mark

What I think we will see next season is smiths (the grey hair guy that has that package ) body turn up
    I was generally supprised to see the last scene after b & c kissing

I can't wait to see how the plot tickens

Ryan and Espisito
    I liked how they called each other by their name to show they were talking to each others as friends rather than co- workers

Can't wait to see what happens
    Unlike last season we don't know what will happen
    Last year we knew she would live

Espisito and Ryan, taking different routes and not just following each other round like lap dogs.

Agree with this completely. Made a nice change. And I also liked how it was Ryan that saved her. Castle didn't cave and take his calls. That would have been prett cliche. So it was nice to see that Ryan had decided to get backup himself.

Yeah. That was a HUGE development for Ryan. He's not just a sidekick, he actually stood alone in this episode. Well done. Cant wait to see MOAR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,974 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nathan as Rick was great in the scene when he tells Beckett he loves her and if she cared at all for him she would stop and as a huge Caskett shipper loved the ending :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

That was awesome!

It was very noticeable that everyone was using first names in the that episode. Also, totally did not expect that scene after THE SCENE. Really liked how he wasn't just all over her immediately. Take that Bones. That's how you do it. On camera!:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nathan as Rick was great in the scene when he tells Beckett he loves her and if she cared at all for him she would stop and as a huge Caskett shipper loved the ending :)

:D Caskett? Appropriately morbid!!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I don't know what it was, but I didn't think that scene had the level of emotional weight I was expecting. The season 3 finale was way more powerful than this one. When Castle is in the apartment and trying to convince her to stop looking (much like in this finale) it just seemed more sincere or something.

Could just be that I wacthed all the othe series in a row, and this is the first one where I was waiting between episodes. That damages the flow a bit. I
    I'll have to rewatch them all together now that it's finished.

Really enjoyed the ep. Shoddy casework aside, the character interactions were great and I dont just mean the obvious. Espisito and Ryan, taking different routes and not just following each other round like lap dogs.

But Beckett and Castle... at the end... how he didn't just take her back, because she was kissing him! I liked how he pushed her away (twice) and wanted to know what happened. Also the up close shot of Castle just before he kisses her, the lightning and the eyes! LOL Brillaint.

One thing... the shooter... Helo! When he was being punched, the way he just kinda kept looking at her, without defending himself... I always knew he was a Cylon!
    +1 that's the only thing I could think of watching that scene... Fúcking Helo, always suspected he was one of the final five!

Season 5 is now official.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Just finally got caught up in the episodes, few different turns there i'll say.

So what happens now with the relationship? as when they do, there's no spark left in the excitement, no chasing, no glint in the eye anymore ;)

Cant wait to see what happens anyway, as its been renewed.

Its almost finished on RTE & Alibi

Time - 00:55 to 01:50 (55 minutes long).
    When - Wed 13th June on RTÉ One
    Once Upon a Crime. Series 4, episode 17.

Time - 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long).
    When - Wed 13th June on Alibi
    Pandora. Series 4, episode 15.

The last (third) season finishes on RTE next wk
    Time - 02:20 to 03:10 (50 minutes long).
    When - Thursday 14th June on RTÉ One

Knockout. Series 3, episode 24.

Advertisement