Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wheeler dealers

• 03-05-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed the green Sraid O Connail/O'Connell Street Irish street name plaque on the garage wall in the new wheeler dealer series.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Yeah! I think it may have been there when they moved in to film this series.

What annoyed me was their competition — not open to us here in Ireland even though Discovery are happy to accept revenue from all the Irish advertisers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

atlantean wrote: »
    Yeah! I think it may have been there when they moved in to film this series.

What annoyed me was their competition — not open to us here in Ireland even though Discovery are happy to accept revenue from all the Irish advertisers!

I think they are giving 12 months insurance aswell so they could not give you that in the prize

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The issue is more likely connected to VRT - what happens if someone over here wins the car and doesn't have the money to pay the VRT?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

coylemj wrote: »
    what happens if someone over here wins the car and doesn't have the money to pay the VRT?
    They stash it in their garage until it's 30 years old, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Dades wrote: »
    They stash it in their garage until it's 30 years old, of course!

Naah..the way things have gone now they'll literally stick a '79 plate on it & and throw an old Car & Classic in the back window...:D:D

The legal bit - Note; Boards.ie in no way whatsoever condone or promote the illegal.....;););).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

aujopimur wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the green Sraid O Connail/O'Connell Street Irish street name plaque on the garage wall in the new wheeler dealer series.

001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

is that where he has the renault up on the lift ?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

No the G wagen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

So does anyone know why there is a sign for "Sraid O Connail/O'Connell Street" in their garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Because they put it there to appeal to/please Irish viewers??;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭kdevitt

That sign has been there for years, not just the new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

There's also a sign from Shaftsbury Avenue, I suppose if they put naked girly calendars up some people might complain, I wouldn't;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

It's a relic of the episode they did where Mike visited Dublin to buy a Renault 4 van ex P&T . The van collapsed into rusty flakes as they winched it on to the trailer and they found the old sign had been welded into the chassis along with a few copies of the Irish Times and some chicken wire. The sign was the only bit worth keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

LOL, I really really want that to be True

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Maybe it's where Edd goes to get his fix on dole day ;)
    It's shocking how the police have no control over our country's main thoroughfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

click for larger image click for larger image click for larger image
    click for larger image click for larger image
    1983 FSM SYRENA
    Previously restored and featured in an episode of "Wheeler Dealers", The car remains in very good condition and is described as a very good runner by the vendor.

ESTIMATE: NO RESERVEsyrena.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Humvee episode starting on Discovery right now, proper ex-military one not the other yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That's a pretty cool truck.

Advertisement