Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SA58 GBB drop in Kit

• 30-04-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

As seen on arnies
    http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/41097

They are getting close.
    Still waiting on a true GBB FAL or L1A1 (which an ordinary person can buy without making a custom order) which used mags to power the GBB.

for a gun that was the right arm of the free world it sure does not get
    enough airsoft lovin attention from the manufactures.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Want!

Even if it is an external air source gbb...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Would agree with you, the FN FAL is truly under-represented in airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

On the subject of FAL's I know king arms make a full size version (or used to all my usual spots discontinued) but who else makes the full length aeg?

I believe I've seen someone discussing the possibility of modding an AK bolt and trigger meck to work with am M14 mag on gasguns.info or on asi will have to retrace my steps and find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Keggers Senior

Truely, it will be a golden age when gbb Fals and L1a1s reign supreme. :D

If I'm not mistaken king arms are putting the FAL back into production.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDy6EMKTnwc&list=UU5jC2bbhHUdNb9Q_mSMeJ9w&index=7&feature=plcp

As much as I'm happy to see King Arms re-releasing their FAL range, I feel that paying double the price for the same quality of AEG is a little disappointing (570 on cybergun). I suppose thats what happens when Cybergun come charging in and make you an offer you can't refuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

That's fantastic :pac: but what happened to the G&G lines of FNC's and the ares/ star version no longer seems to be available either does cybergun have absolute control of the licensing for this replica like Umarex has total control for all H&K guns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Keggers Senior

Jsmurff wrote: »
    That's fantastic :pac: but what happened to the G&G lines of FNC's and the ares/ star version no longer seems to be available either does cybergun have absolute control of the licensing for this replica like Umarex has total control for all H&K guns?

Sorry for the late response, reminder wasn't working.

As I understand it, Cybergun has a license for FALs. There was a scuffle at IWA 2012 between Echo one and themselves that had something to do with their sa58 range. Details are a bit vague.

As for star and ares, I remember sending a number of messages querying whether or not they would release their FAL range again. THey told me they had no intention of renewing the L1A1 at the time. That said, with the recent trend towards producing sa58s it stands to reason that they may re-release the l1a1.

Which would be amazing! :D

Advertisement