Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dino Eggs Not Found In Chechnya

• 18-04-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Shame. Everyone was getting excited only for geologists to spoil the party.
    "These are no dinosaur eggs. This is some kind of sand rock,” says Dr. Aleksandr Averianov of the Institute of Zoology in St. Petersburg. “Dinosaur eggs have a different shell structure.”

Full article here.

You can see why the mistake was made:

ria-tsarnaev-521.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Very odd rock formations those, I wonder what caused them to be so like Dino eggs?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Haha I can understand how the discoverers must feel... I once found thousands of slabs with what looked like aquatic plant fossils in them. I was super excited and when I had some paleontologist look at the fossils, he told me they were dendrite crystals. They look incredibly similar to plants of some kind, in my defense...

800px-Dendrites01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Those aren't plants!? Damn. A friend of mine's garden patio is full of them. :(

Advertisement