Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bethesdas Dishonoured

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Like i said in news thread: Looks interesting and i LOVE setting. Its like WW1 futuristic setting, but which does not suck. Reminds me of fallout and bioshock, which are my 2 favorite game universes of all time.

i still want to see a gameplay trailer though, dead island trailer left a bad taste in my mouth....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,769 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard there's some thief and deus ex alumni involved. Colour me very ****ing interested.

Some in engine footage:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I heard there's some thief and deus ex alumni involved. Colour me very ****ing interested.

Harvey Smith and Raf Colantonio are the lead designers according to wiki

As just proven by your video :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Met the guys from Arkane and watched them play through a level, it is cool. Same guy made this city that made city 17.

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/irish-exclusive-first-look-at-dishonored/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Looks like a nice little game and its an original title which is always good in this sequel drowned year we live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You know what is already good about this game? It's not a dam sequel and a totally new IP!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I enjoyed the last few sequels i've played but yeah, I totally agree with ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Looks pretty class alright, it will definatly be one to keep an eye on. Its always good when something a bit fresh comes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have no interest in playing this nor do I want to see any more footage [/end sarcasm]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Its been a while since a trailer has captured my interest so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Out this year aswell, hopefully hear alot more at E3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Very hopeful for this. A CGI trailer doesnt prove anything but the pedigree of people involved here makes it very promising. Seems like a dark Assassin's Creed, but without all the complete bs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,769 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm getting Thief vibes off it more than Assassin's Creed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

More Bioshock then either Thief or Assassins Creed. Either way, looks pretty good. And at least we have some gameplay footage to back up that statement. Won't be another Dead Island.

Love the Steampunk setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It looks good, but shame you can't play as female and looking at all the art work and videos seriously are their any women who are not whores?

Like the idea that it can be played completely stealth, need more thief like games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'll reserve judgement until I see some better footage. The last few Bethesda games had absolutely dire stealth and character animation.

Kiith wrote: »
    More Bioshock then either Thief or Assassins Creed. Either way, looks pretty good. And at least we have some gameplay footage to back up that statement. Won't be another Dead Island.

Reminds me more of Thief 1 and 2 than the consolised Thief 3. Those two games were way more open and nonlinear. I'll be very happy if they can get close to that level of brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Reminds me more of Thief 1 and 2 than the consolised Thief 3. Those two games were way more open and nonlinear. I'll be very happy if they can get close to that level of brilliance.

Seems more Bioshock to me as well, but I can definitely see the influences. That trailer was far too "actiony" and confrontational for Garrett; speaking of which, the talk about Thief 4 has gone very quiet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks interesting,would to see some gameplay footage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Looks interesting,would to see some gameplay footage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Sarky wrote: »
    I'll reserve judgement until I see some better footage. The last few Bethesda games had absolutely dire stealth and character animation.

I don't know why people keep calling it a Bethesda game, its an Arkane Studios game published by Bethesda.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Main character looks like John Marston...I am intrigued!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I saw the thread title, and hoped that Bethesda had been dishonoured, and were on their way to duel for their honour back.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

This thread getting more hyped than when i brought it up

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77561876

Fair play, now need to support this so we get more new ips :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I'm getting Thief vibes off it more than Assassin's Creed.
    Roof running aside, I was thinking the same until the whole 'magic powers' and bullet-time lark kicked off. But then I'm not very impressed by the premise, the setting or the writing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

To be honest I'm not looking forward to this as of yet.
    The main reason being I have seen games Bethesdas had published that has had
    C.g.i trailers e.g Brink, and we all know how it turned out......:D
    I'll save my interest until gameplay is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I was on my phone the other day so didn't get a chance to type much. But from the gameplay it is very much like Bioshock. ie weapon in one hand power in the other. Powers i saw included a wind blast to knock people off their feet, bullet time and a blink which allows you to transport yourself medium distances. So if you want to jump from roof across the street to another roof you can use blink to do it.

You can also possess rats and run around in tight spaces and spy on people, but of course if they see you they try to kill you. Rats will also be a dynamic character in themselves

Story wise all i know is that an evil Mayor is killing off people to take their homes and blaming it on a recent rat plague. It is steam punk set in a city inspired by London 1600 Designed by the same person responsible for City 17 (think bowler hats and braces with weird Steam Punk contraptions). You play the role of a body guard who has been accused of murdering the woman you had to protect.

Gameplay has two approaches you can use stealth and think about everything or you can go all guns blazing both are acceptable methods of approach. City is semi open world as in you are able to walk around but the game will push you in a certain direction within the story.

thats all i can remember it was 8 months ago when i met the guys from Arkane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 tammywilson52

All I could say is videos are just amazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This definitely looks like it could be something special. I can't wait. :)

Advertisement