Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tupac 'Live' at Coachella 2012

• 16-04-2012 2:59pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Very cool :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

If they bring Mickey Jackson back, I'm moving to another planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

I'm not the only one that finds this a bit weird, am I..?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Well... if it was good enough for Elvis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

LOL at snoop dogg saying hello to tupac at the start. gangster **** baby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The Gorillaz did it years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

That's immensely weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I still don't believe in Tupac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Turns out it was CGI projected onto glass. I actually thought it was old footage of him, it looks that good
    For those who thought the immaculately-chiseled rendition of Tupac was based on some sort of old footage, more disappointment: Rolling Stone reports the rapper was CGI. But at least it was good good, expensive CGI, "created by the Hollywood special effects studio Digital Domain, who have previously worked on films such as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, TRON: Legacy and X-Men: First Class." Total price? Somewhere between $100,000 and $400,000

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Not as good as the Joe Dolan show with members of his band playing in front of the dead Joe on a large screen they were charging €25 a pop, shameless flogging of a dead horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

A friend of mine blogged about this and raised a very good point. this is the beginning of a technology that could be both good and bad for entertaining the masses. it starts with tupac but where does it end? a holographic amy winehouse or jim morisson wheeled out when their respective estates are low on royalties?

adding the possibility of living entertainers playing one gig in every major city at the same time via hologram, removing the need to tour?

or going to see a premiership final beamed live into every major stadium? KA CHING.

This is essentially how it's done

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

as a once off, yeah its cool, but you know they're going to start bringing people "back to life" with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'd call it Spooky but...

A g-g-g-g-gangsta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Grand as a novelty thing at a festival but I wouldn't pay the price of a stadium gig to go listen to a CD at a high volume while watching CGI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mackg wrote: »
    Grand as a novelty thing at a festival but I wouldn't pay the price of a stadium gig to go listen to a CD at a high volume while watching CGI.

People pay to see Jedward, it's happening already

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Who tf is tupac?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

EnterNow wrote: »
    People pay to see Jedward, it's happening already

This seems like a way of making the idea of that kind of thing more palatable to those of us who have no interest in it.
    Who tf is tupac?

One third of the supergroup 6 pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

The Tupac hologram was subsequently arrested and then shot while on bail...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

When watching it back, there is a few frames at 1.15 that it looks like a proper full 3d hologram which i thought looked a lot more impressive than just putting a projection of him on a see through type screen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I thought that hologram was eerily real for a second. O.o
    I'd pay good money for a gig where Queen performed with a holographic Freddie Mercury. :eek:

Advertisement