Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Etihad Airways - Sale Prices

• 15-04-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and a few friends are planning 2 weeks in Thailand around October/November this year.

I notice Etihad have a really good sale on at the moment with return flights to Bangkok from around €650.
    Only problem is the sale is scheduled to end tomorrow! I've never booked with a long-distance airline like Etihad before so I'm wondering has anyone noticed if their prices typically shot up significantly after a sale period ends?
    I'd rather book my flights in a few weeks times but I'm worried I'll miss out on a good deal and would rather not pay a grand!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

If you have the funds and think thats a good price and within your budget,then I'd take it before it's gone.
    There might be another sale before you want to go and there might not.
    Prices do go up a good bit after a sale.

Once you've booked Never lament.

You might want to ask here , they're usually fairly helpfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Turkish Airlines usually offer flights to SE Asia for around the €700 mark so you should check them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

they dont suddenly shoot up to a grand overnight, dont worry!
    I booked mine for july a few weeks ago for 730 return from turkish airways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

Cheers for all the advice!

Managed to get the OK from the boss and agree dates with the mates so I just went ahead and booked it!
    Flights in October - €635 return with Etihad in total.

Words can't describe how excited I am now :D

Cheers again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Well done, excellent price.
    They are a very goood airline in my experience.

• Advertisement

Hopefully your itinery doesn't involve a flight on one of their Boeing 777's with their 10 abreast seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Tefral

AngryLips wrote: »
    Hopefully your itinery doesn't involve a flight on one of their Boeing 777's with their 10 abreast seating.

is it that bad?

Most airlines only seat 9 people in a row on a 777 so it might feel a bit cramped.

Advertisement