Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Independent event.

• 15-04-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm looking to set up a small invite only (20 people) indoor event within a disused building in my area. It's my first time organising it. I plan to have liability waivers signed for insurance reasons etc. I was going to try contact the building owner and maybe speak to the Gardaí about any restrictions etc.

Has anyone ever had any luck with such a venture.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Big Steve wrote: »
    Hey I'm looking to set up a small invite only (20 people) indoor event within a disused building in my area. It's my first time organising it. I plan to have liability waivers signed for insurance reasons etc. I was going to try contact the building owner and maybe speak to the Gardaí about any restrictions etc.

Has anyone ever had any luck with such a venture.

To be above board, you are going to need (in approximate order)
    • The permission of the building owner.
    • Written permission from the local Garda super to be legal.
    • Actual insurance - as liability waivers aren't worth anything.
    • A good check on the building that it is safe.

Different people along the way should ask you to confirm you have some experience/know what your are doing, the players running around the site with guns will not be visible to the public, and you have plans for what happens if anyone is injured.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head. Actual site owners can probably add a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Cheers sliabh. I appreciate the reply. I guess the best thing for me to do is to write up a list and get things sorted in a specific order to get the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Locdown

I know the lads at Vacant hire out their place to Private bookings,why dont ya give them a shout,they will arrange the games or let ya do it yourself,and that will be insurance and Garda permission all sorted,i'm sure Tallagh CQB does aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Andrewb673

Where are you situated? I've me and a friend who'd be up for a small event like this.
    How big is the compound you plan on holding this in? Room for sniping? Or close combat?

Advertisement