Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cinema screening of "Once More With Feeling"?

• 23-03-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

So the Screen cinema is looking for suggestions of what they might put on and I replied with the suggestion of screening "Once More with Feeling" followed by "Dr Horrible's Sing along blog". The run time on both would be about 84 mins all in!

How amazing would it be to have a double Whedonverse musical showing on the big screen? Complete with audience participation of course! I mean we all know the words right?!

So, Who's interested? :D

soundtrack-soundtrack-buffy-once-more-with-feeling-114199.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

THIS. YES. (I've nothing more to add to this post :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I'm glad for your reply...but thought I would get a bigger response. Kinda disillusioned. Will give it the weekend before I go knocking on doors! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

How does this be realised? Awesome idea.

By the screen having a junior program slot, where the public (no age restriction applies) nominates a screening of a movie and the movie is screened and then introduced. We can do this
    I've already emailed them with the idea + reasons why it would be a great idea!

Maybe mass emaling needs to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

Ohhh I heard about this. A child picked the Goonies last time yes? That's why I thought it was an age restricted thing (That 'junior' bit is misleading :p)

I'll e-mail them too sure. Strength in numbers and whatnot.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

That does sound cool.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Wow. YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 north cider

yes please !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

I haven't yet seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and it's been quite some time since I last watched Once More With Feeling so I'd be on for this.

It could be tough generating enough interest for a cinema screening. It's been a while since Buffy came out and I imagine a fair few fans will have grown older, have more responsibilities and demands on their time and money (children, etc.) and simply may not feel as passionate about the show as they did 10 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ant wrote: »
    I haven't yet seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and it's been quite some time since I last watched Once More With Feeling so I'd be on for this.

It could be tough generating enough interest for a cinema screening. It's been a while since Buffy came out and I imagine a fair few fans will have grown older, have more responsibilities and demands on their time and money (children, etc.) and simply may not feel as passionate about the show as they did 10 years ago.

You don't know a lot of nerds, do ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

You don't know a lot of nerds, do ya?

Now that you mention it, I don't. I used to know more but and 10 years ago I would've probably been able to get a couple of people to come along to an event like this. Now that I'm approaching the end of my 30s – as my girlfriend keeps reminding me – many friends have moved out of Dublin, have kids, other responsibilities or have moved on to other interests.

Advertisement