Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Don't think he is... You must hate my tweets from the last few days so :P

does anyone here watch Game of Thrones? The second episode is out now too. It's awesome.

I told myself I wouldn't watch it until I read the books, but I don't have time to read them, so I'm just like...
    It's on my LIST.
    OF STUFF.
    That I will do...
    Sometime.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

SU money well spent... :rolleyes:

Screen-shot-2012-04-03-at-11.23.55.jpg

irish_goat wrote: »
    It is possible they bought their own alcohol...

I'm sure they did but the whole trip is funded by the SU i.e. you and me and it's clearly just an excuse for a good piss up. I'm sure lots of useful work will get done today though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

Does anyone know what time that SU shop in the arts block closes at?

• Advertisement

Six, as far as I know, except on Friday, when it's earlier.
    But that's not 100% concrete. It's definitely still open at five, anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I love VinB. No better way to end the day then watching angry politicos shouting at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I wonder is it possible for individual students to leave USI?

It may only be the price of a pint per student, but I'd be happier with a pint and without this lot then with USI and potentially less one pint.

I think someone said on here before that you can request not to be charged the €5 USI fee whenever you are paying your college fees.

I've never heard that before. That would be awesome, though, that you could pay a smaller fee (even if it is only a fiver).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

realistically , expecting irish people of any age, let alone students, to go away to an event overnight and not turn it into a pissup is very naive. Its what we do, they probably paid for their own drinks and theres no way they could spend all day discussing USI, everyone needs a few hours of wind down time

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

quick question, are there lectures tomorrow? seems like there aren't but tutor never mentioned it

No there's none tomorrow!

I'm definitely not in the sall room >.>

realistically , expecting irish people of any age, let alone students, to go away to an event overnight and not turn it into a pissup is very naive. Its what we do, they probably paid for their own drinks and theres no way they could spend all day discussing USI, everyone needs a few hours of wind down time

I'd not begrudge them their pissup if anything of value came from the Congress. I don't see why we should have to pay for them to have their annual USI party though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

I'm definitely not in the sall room >.>

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiittttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_m1492qxvl91qbpsgg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭token56

Does anyone know what the opening hours of the college are tomorrow? Is it a normal day or is it like a weekend, i.e. student cards wont work in building until 9?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

token56 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the opening hours of the college are tomorrow? Is it a normal day or is it like a weekend, i.e. student cards wont work in building until 9?

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's shut completely tomorrow.

DB21 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's shut completely tomorrow.

Well I know I can get into the buildings I need to with my card if necessary but I'm just wondering what time it will work from. Basically whether tomorrow is being treated as a normal work day or as a "weekend/bank holiday" day.

I'll probably just wait around tonight to get kicked out by security and ask then.

More like a bank holiday/weekend I imagine, as all the offices are shut and there's no classes. Your card should let you in regardless of the day though?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

In a nutshell: think of it as a bank holiday.

• Advertisement

So. Much. Work.
    /dies

More like a bank holiday/weekend I imagine, as all the offices are shut and there's no classes. Your card should let you in regardless of the day though?

My card can let me in from 7am on weekdays but not until 9 at the weekend. Was able to get in this morning no problem anyway.

Last week was a long, long week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Harro!

Research project brought me here...anyone know anything about bugs? No...ok!

How are we all?

I think I need to start blocking websites from my laptop. I've got so much to do, and I'm just wasting hours online.
    Damn you, procrastination!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Will the arts block be open tomorrow?

I was up there today and there was builders blocking the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

You have to enter by the side doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

How so Joe wrote: »
    I think I need to start blocking websites from my laptop. I've got so much to do, and I'm just wasting hours online.
    Damn you, procra....!
    FYP ;)

• Advertisement

InDesign.

Advertisement