Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pokemon cards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tombomb96

Hey guys, i was just looking in smyths and they had some good prices

emerging powers booster packs are 1.99

original black and white theme decks are 4.99

pokemon black and white trainer kit 4.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

tombomb96 wrote: »
    Hey guys, i was just looking in smyths and they had some good prices

emerging powers booster packs are 1.99

original black and white theme decks are 4.99

pokemon black and white trainer kit 4.99

Which symths would you know? One in airside is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tombomb96

cloud493 wrote: »
    Which symths would you know? One in airside is ****.

cant remember i usualy just buy them over the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Those Smyths prices definitely apply to Carrickmines and Fonthill Road (near liffey valley), or at least did a few weeks ago when I was last in.

I got a starting kit including two 30 card decks with zoroark and excadrill holographics, and a a booster pack(70 cards) for a fiver in symths :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I got a starting kit including two 30 card decks with zoroark and excadrill holographics, and a a booster pack(70 cards) for a fiver in symths :D
    What Smyths was it? I was in the Galway one at the weekend and all I saw were the Black and White boosters for €4.99, although I only took a glance as I left the shop.

That was on jervis street in Dublin.

Ah, thanks for clarification though.

I didn't see any cards other than the boosters around the tills, so in what section did you find them? Presumably they'll be situated in the same section in the Galway store.

I could only see the 15 euro tins, so I went to the customer service desk, and they were behind that :p

I'll try asking a staff member next time I'm there, although most of the interactions I've had with employees there would suggest they're fairly clueless about things. :pac:

• Advertisement

If you print out the on shelf guarantee, and its not there, free 10 euro voucher ;)

Thing is, I'm not even finding the item you describe on their website. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Sounds like what Cloud is describing is a "Two player starter kit". Oddly this item isn't on the Smyths website, but they usually pop up in stores regularly. Do keep in mine than new card sets come out ever three or four months, with every second or so set releasing a new two player starter kit.

Hope that helps :)

It's the 2 player starter kit with Night Hunters deck - I have one in my pocket at the moment, funnily enough. They also have them in Fonthill Road and Carrickmines, neither of which is anywhere near Galway unfortunately. The box is half black, half white with a Zoroark and an Excadrill semi-shiny card (the pic is shiny, the rest of the card is matt) visible on the front. It's about the width of the boxes that the booster sets come in. Looks like this :
    $(KGrHqQOKkQE6S7t-O1TBOnsqRoy8w~~60_35.JPG

Yeah thats it exactly. Its two 30 card decks, with a playing mat, coin, and booklets on how to play.

2012-05-11-090812.jpg

I couldn't find dark explorers for sale anywhere today :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I couldn't find dark explorers for sale anywhere today :confused:
    Give it a week or two. The pre-release tournaments were recently played over here (UK). As the name implies you play with the newest cards before release :)

Your quite right, I found them in gamestop today :)

For what is quite possibly the only time this has ever worked for me, I picked a dark explorers boosters pack with a venasaur cos I thought I might get a vensaur in it and I did :D

Tesco have 3 pack blisters for 6.50. Several different black and white series in it

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Tesco have 3 pack blisters for 6.50. Several different black and white series in it

Which Tesco?

Banjo wrote: »

Which Tesco?
    The one you see on the telly, you know - big shop, sells food and stuff.

Oh you mean which branch? Celbridge but I thought their prices are universal across a stores

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

anyone interested in buying my darkrai ex and mewtwo ex ? both pulled from packs, i'm trying to get funds together for a booster box of dragons exalted :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd buy Mewtwo if I wasn't gonna be short of funds after my tattoo on Tuesday >_>

Denny M wrote: »
    I'd buy Mewtwo if I wasn't gonna be short of funds after my tattoo on Tuesday >_>
    ah thats ok, aslong as the tattoo is cool, like a tribal charizard perhaps :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

ah thats ok, aslong as the tattoo is cool, like a tribal charizard perhaps :p
    I have a Charizard already, I'm getting a Charmander and Charmeleon :D

Gonna have to check tesco then :) 3 boosters for 6.50. Argos are currently doing a 60 card deck, two booster packs, and two 2 card boosters for 16 euro as well.

yeah that tesco deal looks sweet :), anyone have any idea what comes in those 2 card packs ?

thats badass, ws thinking of getting something done myself, perhaps a t-tar or my all time bro heracross :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

that's awesome. Make sure you put up another pic! I wanna get a Starmie and a few splashes when I can afford it.

Advertisement