Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

introduce myself

• 12-04-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi,

I just quit smoking and started vaping this month. Have to say, I'm impressed so far. the only thing is I bought a 510 Chinese import which isn't great. It leaks etc and I have to press a button to get a vape. Can someone recommend me a good kit. I've read through a lot of the posts ere and watched some YouTube reviews but the choice is endless. Is ego the way to go? I've seen on YouTube that the American blu vaping kit is good also.

Thanks for you advise in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Welcome! I started with a 510 and the small batteries too.

I'd recommend an eGo set up of some sort. Probably eGo-C. Batteries will last for a day of vaping or more depending on size.

Buy a couple of cartomisers too. They'll work with the eGo barreries too.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar has a good few posts on here with links to the various options.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

I just started this whole vaping thing today, with an Ego-C starter kit

I'm impressed with it so far. I havent used any other type of e-cig, so can't compare it, but i'm happy enough with it and i'd say you'd be too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

tp://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-ego-c-starter-kit/prod_230.html

This appears to be the daddy of all the eGo starter kits, i started on an eGo-T, which is the model previous to this, and I loved it.

I'd imagine the C is a marked improvement and cheaper to replace the attys as you only have to replace the head, as opposed to the whole cone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCXLKIT

or this

ill post a link to a post I made weeks ago about cartomisers versus tank atomisers in a bit, still digesting dinner and too tired to go looking

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Cheers folks for the information so far. Am I better off getting a genuine ego-c or a knock off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Batteries are 5 click on/off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Can't go wrong with the Smok Ego's - as good as the Joytech version, maybe ever better.

Nice one guys...SMOKtech it is! :D Is RY-C9 the best tobacco flavour out there? I used to smoke marlboro lights. I've been trying out the marlboro flavoured high strength E-Liquid and coconut flavoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

jessconr wrote: »
    Nice one guys...SMOKtech it is! :D Is RY-C9 the best tobacco flavour out there? I used to smoke marlboro lights. I've been trying out the marlboro flavoured high strength E-Liquid and coconut flavoured.

Its impossible to say what the best one is as everyone's taste is different but of all the ones I've tried the RY-C9 was definitely one of my favourites. The B&H one that www.irishvapers.ie sells is quite nice as well, it has a nice mellow flavour.

I think you'll find the RY-C9 to be a great juice -it has a great taste of tobacco in the background.

Not mad keen on the IV B&H - tastes like honey but nothing like B&H.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

mrplop wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with the Smok Ego's - as good as the Joytech version, maybe ever better.

Thought you would be a regulated voltage man no?

Heavens Gifts are doing 10 Joye 650 mAh for €38, only white ones left.

Was too late the other week to get 10 genuine Joyetech regulated ones for the same price :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

My first e-cig arrived today. It's a mini Electronic atomizer and I got it for pretty much nothing. Its ok but I reckon down the line I`ll have to invest in a better kit. It leaks abit already which isn't a good sign. :) Plus the charge is abit dodgy

derra wrote: »
    Thought you would be a regulated voltage man no?

Heavens Gifts are doing 10 Joye 650 mAh for €38, only white ones left.

Was too late the other week to get 10 genuine Joyetech regulated ones for the same price :rolleyes:

Got all sorts of PV's at this stage - Lavatubes, Imist, Ego,Stig mod,etc.

Just lately I've been using the Ego C and Imist all the time, don't particularly know why - I've almost collapsed through vaping high nic at high voltage a couple of times so that's part of it!

Another thing is that the little PV's don't draw attention the way a DCT tank on a Lavatube does...

mrplop wrote: »
    Got all sorts of PV's at this stage - Lavatubes, Imist, Ego,Stig mod,etc.

Just lately I've been using the Ego C and Imist all the time, don't particularly know why - I've almost collapsed through vaping high nic at high voltage a couple of times so that's part of it!

Another thing is that the little PV's don't draw attention the way a DCT tank on a Lavatube does...

As in the other post, you said you think the Smoktech might be better than the genuine Joyetch eGo, one is regulated and the other is not which is why i questioned your preference between the two.

Your picking up a nice collection there now alright :)

I guess it's the higher output, even with the voltage dropping the batteries will still output more voltage than the Joyes by the end.
    The new Ego C 'upgrade' batteries give you the choice of regulated and unregulated - the unregulated option basically gives you the same output you would get on the Smok version.

Average loaded output on the Joyes is 3.2/3.3 so it's a preference thing - tend to use Imist batteries when I'm using smaller PV's these days.

This is it, down to personal prefernce.
    The Imist batteries are unregulated too i believe, i just like the consistent output and set my repairable to suit that voltage.

Not easy for a new user these days with all the stuff to choose from!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

derra wrote: »
    This is it, down to personal prefernce.
    The Imist batteries are unregulated too i believe, i just like the consistent output and set my repairable to suit that voltage.

Not easy for a new user these days with all the stuff to choose from!

With more and more choice almost on a weekly basis. I'd be afraid for a new user to come on here, because they would just get "bamboozled"!

achieve wrote: »
    With more and more choice almost on a weekly basis. I'd be afraid for a new user to come on here, because they would just get "bamboozled"!

Think a sticky needs to be updated regularly but even that alone could go on for pages with all the new stuff available.
    Then ya have all different opinions on what should or should not be in it so we'll forget about that idea :D

so I bought a SMOKtech last week with some RY-C9. I filled up a carto tank with the liquid until the sponge was soaked. Cleaned off the excess liquid etc. Took a few drags and it doesn't seem to produce much vapour?? Was a bit dissapointed to be honest :( Could it be a bad carto tank or is that what I should expect from RY-C9???

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

so I bought a SMOKtech last week with some RY-C9. I filled up a carto tank with the liquid until the sponge was soaked. Cleaned off the excess liquid etc. Took a few drags and it doesn't seem to produce much vapour?? Was a bit dissapointed to be honest :( Could it be a bad carto tank or is that what I should expect from RY-C9???

Jessie, Im Paul from e-smokeireland, I just sent you a PM

• Advertisement

What kind of battery are you using it with? Also just blow up through the cartomiser gently from the battery end to make sure the centre pipe is clear, wipe it with tissue before doing it as you might get a taste of eliquid and afterwards see if it makes a difference.

newmark wrote: »
    What kind of battery are you using it with? Also just blow up through the cartomiser gently from the battery end to make sure the centre pipe is clear, wipe it with tissue before doing it as you might get a taste of eliquid and afterwards see if it makes a difference.

I'm using it with a 900mah battery. I blew through the carto from the other end when I tried it. Does that matter? Maybe that was it. I'll give it a blast again when I get home.

Cheers

I'm using it with a 900mah battery. I blew through the carto from the other end when I tried it. Does that matter? Maybe that was it. I'll give it a blast again when I get home.

Cheers

Maybe, I'm not totally sure what you mean but try what I said and see. Its just to make sure the airhole isn't blocked because that affects the draw.

Is the cartomiser gurgling when you draw on it, if it is you definitely need to blow it to clear it. You might also need to dab the top part with a tissue if its flooded before attaching the drip tip.

Can you hear a hissing noise when you press the button to inhale?
    If you hear it hissing when you hold it close to your ear with the button pressed in on the battery you know its working. They do tend to start off a bit slow and improve as you use them also. The ryeC9 juice should be grand in it because I've used that same one from e-smokeireland in carto/tanks and it is perfect.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Also, are you trying to take short quick pulls from it like you would with a cigarette? Taking a long slow pull works much better. Also, for most people anyway, drawing into your mouth first and then inhaling from there works much better than inhaling straight.

You've probably put to much liquid in the carto and it's flooded.

Let it sit for a while and try having a toot, if this fails give it a good blow through the top and see if any excess liquid comes out. Cartos can have a bit of a learning curve, when I first started I hated them but now they're pretty much all I use.

Keep at it - it'll work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

stevenmu wrote: »
    Also, are you trying to take short quick pulls from it like you would with a cigarette? Taking a long slow pull works much better. Also, for most people anyway, drawing into your mouth first and then inhaling from there works much better than inhaling straight.

AHA!!! Was just reading through bits and pieces here and came across this nugget of info... Just started today and had been feeling it was sometimes far too strong for me - I was inhaling straight and nearly choking myself :D

dubsgirl wrote: »
    AHA!!! Was just reading through bits and pieces here and came across this nugget of info... Just started today and had been feeling it was sometimes far too strong for me - I was inhaling straight and nearly choking myself :D

After a while it will be like second nature to you, it takes a while to adjust but its well worth it. Enjoy and Happy Vaping...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I was kind of lucky, that was the way I always smoked so it was an easy change for me. I've tried inhaling straight to my lungs a few times and find it pretty harsh, and I think you miss a lot of flavour too.

The last few days I've been trying the french inhale and the retrohale and they both work really well too. They give really really good flavour (with menthol at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Great will give that a go too! I'm on the menthol :)

• Advertisement

newmark wrote: »

Maybe, I'm not totally sure what you mean but try what I said and see. Its just to make sure the airhole isn't blocked because that affects the draw.

Is the cartomiser gurgling when you draw on it, if it is you definitely need to blow it to clear it. You might also need to dab the top part with a tissue if its flooded before attaching the drip tip.

Can you hear a hissing noise when you press the button to inhale?
    If you hear it hissing when you hold it close to your ear with the button pressed in on the battery you know its working. They do tend to start off a bit slow and improve as you use them also. The ryeC9 juice should be grand in it because I've used that same one from e-smokeireland in carto/tanks and it is perfect.

Yeah it hisses but I can also hear a loud enough spark noise every couple of seconds. When I take a draw it Burns the throat off me and there's very little vapour on the exhale. I've used a tank and atomizer from my 510 and That vapes lovely. I've also tried another Carto from the kit just to see if the one I was using was faulty but that's the same also??

Advertisement