Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paddy Power Cash Card

• 10-04-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Only set one up there the other day as it seems convenient for withdrawing cash,

now that I have it set up I went down to my local shop to withdraw some money but it wouldn't let me. I rang them up and they said because I deposit using my paypal account I can only withdraw back to my paypal account.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the Cash Card then, anyway around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

You have to have less than €50 in your PP account to be able to change the withdrawal method.

Why don't you deposit via cash? I thought that was the biggest advantage of using a cash card..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

What are the advantages of having a Cash Card?

Right now, I go into Paddy Power, give them my username and they put the money in my account. Same for taking money out, except I need ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

deposit the min from paypal or whatever and you can withdraw the rest of the balance in cash,ive done it loads of times.Keep it quite tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Keep it quite tho

On a public forum on the Internet so that's only about 5 million people so :rolleyes:

Delete it and PM it to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭WeirdoFreak

I've deposited both ways in the past, paypal and by cash. I've only just set up the card but have been using paddy power for years.

I withdrew the money to my paypal account yesterday, how long does it usually take, it still hasn't gone in. That's like 24 hours ago now.

How do you change your withdrawal method, I've been looking on the site but can't figure it out. I presume I have to disconnect my paypal account from paddy power somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

set up a diff payment method then when you put money in your account "not" through paypal you can use your paddy cash card to withdraw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

okidoki987 wrote: »
    On a public forum on the Internet so that's only about 5 million people so :rolleyes:

Delete it and PM it to him?

smiley face = joke/sarcastic

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

They have a live help section on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

They have a live help section on the site.

They might as well not have since the redesign! Useless now... massive waiting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

Noticed that the last week.

a redesign would not cause that.

your waiting 15+ minutes and if you don't see the agent come on they disconnect after 30 seconds and you have to do it all over again. very frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Its like they only have a couple of people working there now, absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I use Paypal to lodge money into my account and was about to drop in to my local PaddyPower and pick up a cash card but I have just found this thread.

They should mention the fact on the website that you cant withdraw if you lodge via Paypal - not impressed - should be stated on website.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Best thing about the card is that it takes the transactions off of your bank account

Advertisement