Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vacant Airsofting for Childreach International!

Options
  • 09-04-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

Vacant is holding a Charity Airsoft day on Sunday the 15th of April where games will proceed as normal but a generous amount of the days earnings will be donated to Childreach International through myself(Vinny Cheung).

I am Currently a volunteer fundraiser for Childreach International. Why I took this position is because I'v always been a kind giver to charities and often do my best to help others. I felt this was the next healthy step for myself to help others. So I volunteered with this UK based charity where in reaching a target goal in fundraising, the charity offers me an oppurtunity to actualy visit the african village I am raising money for in Tanzania AND I get the oppertunity to climb Africas tallest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro! So in coming to this event! Not only will you be helping me achieve such a life goal, you'd also be supporting and enforcing the needs and rights of under privaleged children all over the world.

So please come down to vacant for abit of Airsoftige for children! Without a doubt, there will be massive banter and many faces. Also heard there has been some sections of the site redone, so it should interesting. I shall also be holding raffles during the lunch break with goodies!
    There's a facebook event for this... event! so please RSVP, invite all your airsofter mates, or just mates that want to airsoft, and drag them down with you!
    Facebook event "Vacant Airsofting for Childreach International"

The day starts at 10am until 6pm on Sunday 15th of April 2012.
    *€25 for the day with your own gear
    *€50 for the day with gun rental and unlimited BBs!

My Online Donation page

Childreach International website

Vacant website

I hope to see everyone there!
    -Vinny Cheung xXx

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 455 ✭✭UMP45

brilliant idea vinny, come on lads and ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Hi Vinny,

good idea. How much of the money goes to the charity and does it go directly to the charity or is it part of one of these earn €2,500 for a volunteering trip deal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    How much of the money goes to the charity and does it go directly to the charity or is it part of one of these earn €2,500 for a volunteering trip deal ?

I'm not surely follow how you mean but I'll try answer the best I can!

The money that I will recieve for the day in vacant from vacant will all go to the charity! None of it will be pocketed by me.

All of the money donated to Childreach International will be for Childreach Inernational.

I am working directly for the charity and am registered with them, only how I make the money is all up to myself. I must reach a goal of €2880 by myself by mid july for me to be offered the oppertunity to visit the village in Tanzania and climb Kilimanjaro by Childreach International!

If the goal is reached (hopefully over €2880), Childreach International will be using a fraction of the total for my trip in August.

If you have anymore questions I am more than happy to answer.

Thanks lads for you interest in the event! I hope you guys will RSVP and invite your mates aswell! I hope to see you guys there!
    Thank you,
    -Vinny Cheung xXx

Advertisement