Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiat 100-90 brake fluid?

• 06-04-2012 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭

Quick question, after getting the brakes done in the tractor and they are gone to feck now. The mechanic reckons it's oil that goes in the little resivoiur but we always used brake fluid and it was grand. Was talking to another lad with one and he said he always uses brake fluid aswel. Anyone know what's supposed to be in it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Quick question, after getting the brakes done in the tractor and they are gone to feck now. The mechanic reckons it's oil that goes in the little resivoiur but we always used brake fluid and it was grand. Was talking to another lad with one and he said he always uses brake fluid aswel. Anyone know what's supposed to be in it?

i have a 90-90 manual somewhere at home, will take a look in the evening if i think of it and see if it mentions brake fluid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

i have a 90-90 manual somewhere at home, will take a look in the evening if i think of it and see if it mentions brake fluid

ok there is a section on brake system bleeding. it doesnt really specify what the brake fluid is but mentions hydraulic a few times...

its says "thoroughly clean the area surrounding the bleed screws and the hydraulic oil reservoir cover"

it also mentions thats "bleeding is necessary whenever the brake hydraulic lines are disconnected or uneven braking is detected"

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kofnh

not sure bout fiat but new holland which replaced it is very important to use a mineral brake fluid eg not DOT3 or 4.... any autofactors ask for mineral brake fluid. same as citroen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

They use oil, its a light mineral oil or if stuck bad engine oil with a dash of diesel in it,proper brake fluid is corrosive to the seals in the halfshaft, found out the hard way with a jcb 412 which uses the same oil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

we have 110 90 s and use universal oil, u bleed at the back wheels. see how that going ull need 2 people. keep pumping!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

yes we use 10w30 oil. same as the back end. is the oil staying in the brake oil canor is it loosing it cause if its losing it the seals on the halfshaft are more than likely gone and its letting the brake oil into the back end oil. common problem with fiats

• Registered Users Posts: 16 farmer_nilsson

I have a 110-90 and was under the impression that brake/gear and hydraulics all share the same oil tank which is in the back end by the 3p-lift. Since the pipe from the hyd.pump leads into the rear axel.

In the manual I read that they recommend something like Tutela Multi F 20W/30 for gears, brakes, final drives and lift.

It even has the amounts in liters if you're interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭TEAT SQUEEZER

deffo use universal oil.... filling reservoir is a bast**rd.. have an old 60ml dosing syringe and tubing for the job...

deffo use universal oil.... filling reservoir is a bast**rd.. have an old 60ml dosing syringe and tubing for the job...

Yeah tell me about it...how did you get oil into the right compartment in the fluid container? as i see it there's just a small hole at the top for oil to simmer into that compartment from the left one...how the heck did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fiat10090dt

Lhm minéral brake fluid is Wats ment to go in them dors wil **** them up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fiat10090dt

Gearbox has Its own oil bung looks like Its in backend . There is about 2 gallons in Gearbox

Thanks for the info.

But do you know if there is a way to empty the break fluid from the main cylinders and the break system?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

kofnh wrote: »
    not sure bout fiat but new holland which replaced it is very important to use a mineral brake fluid eg not DOT3 or 4.... any autofactors ask for mineral brake fluid. same as citroen

WHAT!!! Most new hollands from the Ts and Tl take LHM BRAKE FLUID, its a type of mineral fluid but it is specified that it MUST be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

only use LHM fluid in ours.(1986 90-90 )
    manual specifies Fiats own Ambra super 10w, international designation MIL l 2104d, and Api CD-SAE 10 W.
    Holds .8 of a litre.
    Regarding op question, gearbox oil separate from the back end oil.
    Drain bung directly above the drive-shaft to the front. level bung is on RH side of gearbox just behind the cab mounting bracket. Holds 2.5 gallons, or 13 litres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

only use LHM fluid in ours.(1986 90-90 )
    manual specifies Fiats own Ambra super 10w, international designation MIL l 2104d, and Api CD-SAE 10 W.
    Holds .8 of a litre.
    Regarding op question, gearbox oil separate from the back end oil.
    Drain bung directly above the drive-shaft to the front. level bung is on RH side of gearbox just behind the cab mounting bracket. Holds 2.5 gallons, or 13 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alan.d246

Hi there I know this thread is old but I'm just wondering do any of you know where the brake fluid reservoir is located on a fiat 80 90 tractor there is a container at the back of the tractor on the left a bit above the lift but not fully sure what goes into it. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭Base price

On a 880 you take off the left hand side engine panel and its under the windscreen iykwim. I assume you use LHM mineral fluid the same as the 880 but better check with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

That container above the left hand half-staff is for windscreen washer fluid..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alan.d246

Checked to see if it was under the bonnet and there was no sign of any container for brake fluid

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ger21

Hi just wondering if anyone can help I have a problem with my fiat 780’s brakes, the left pedal is working as it should but the right pedal won’t build up any pressure it just seems to be sending the oil back up to the reservoir when I press it, and the rod has also gotten stuck a few times when I’ve pressed it down fully and to release it I had to block the line back to the reservoir and press the left pedal and it would push the right pedals rod back out, any suggestions why it’s not building up pressure and getting stuck would be much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement