Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lavatube

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Sweet, really looking forward to getting it now! :-)

Gonna fog the house out of it next week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hehe
    that first high volt vape is one you wont ever forget :)
    I coughed a lung up the first time I vaped at 5v

Postman just left the house....

WOW....this is how it's supposed to be!

I'd love to stay and chat, but i've got a house that needs filling with delicious vapour...c ya later suckers! :D

LOVE this yoke!

Using 2ohm(LR) boges in it, as that's all i have....

I've just ordered 5 3ohms from TBS to see the difference...

Am i right in thinking with 3ohm's...that up around the 5v mark the vapour will be a bit cooler?

cooler than a 2ohm at 5v? yeah should be. maybe not a huge amount cooler, but not as harsh on the inhale and the flavour will probably be a little better.

• Advertisement

The flavor will be better? better than this?...as it stands at 4.5v on a 2ohm carto Dekang Cola is insane...it's like i'm drinking a bottle of coke! :)

oh yet another morning waiting for the postman...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

eeloe wrote: »
    The flavor will be better? better than this?...as it stands at 4.5v on a 2ohm carto Dekang Cola is insane...it's like i'm drinking a bottle of coke! :)

oh yet another morning waiting for the postman...

I'll be watching the postman myself as Rob Throathit mailed me today to say he is sending my MOD but I'm really missing the LT now until that arrives. I'm practically eating the ego battery trying to get a decent vape, if I'm not careful I'll swallow it.:D Glad you are enjoying the LT anyway...

4.2v on the 2ohm really seems to be the spot, if i chain vape it, it gets very warm, and not too pleasant...but i think i'm just vaping more than i normally would cus it's a 'New Toy'

4.2v on the 2ohm really seems to be the spot, if i chain vape it, it gets very warm, and not too pleasant...but i think i'm just vaping more than i normally would cus it's a 'New Toy'

I remember the feeling of the vapour heating up alright, it surprised me how warm it was at first as I didnt expect the vapour to be as warm. I was using it on halo liquids the other day on a 2.ohm and could hardly go above 3.7V with it. I think some liquids are meant to be vaped at lower than others but thats what is so handy with VV adjusting to make the liquid suit your taste.

I got some Dekang butter scotch last week, was absolutely RANK.

Left it steep for the week and just tried it there @ 4.5volts. Unreal!!!!

• Advertisement

After 20 minutes of vaping the ButterScotch, it went funny again, a very sickly flavor.

Anyway, got my 3ohms this morning from Bart @ thebestshop....

The difference between the LR and the Standard Resistance on the lavatube is unreal, just took a 6v hit on the 3ohm carto and the flavor was out of this world.

deffo gonna have to put in an order for some more 3ohm cartos!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

absolutely agree, the 3ohm's are my favorite now too.
    I usually do em ~4.5v , menthol bit higher even.
    Totally love it, flavor and vapor are deliciously and satisfying for me....

Well after a couple of days usage, I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to an eGo battery!

The only downside is the crazy looks i'm getting from people when I'm walking around the place...gonna have to limit my Vaping while walking around! :-)

Put a fresh battery in last night, and it was reading 4.2v?

Now it's reading 3.7...when should I change it?

Well after a couple of days usage, I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to an eGo battery!

The only downside is the crazy looks i'm getting from people when I'm walking around the place...gonna have to limit my Vaping while walking around! :-)

Yep, its mad the way people look at you when they see such a strange looking device as it just looks like a big crack pipe or something especially with the tank on it.

Put a fresh battery in last night, and it was reading 4.2v?

Now it's reading 3.7...when should I change it?

I used to change them at about 3.5, it flashes to let you know at about 3.3 I think.

i always kept an ego battery and some LR cartos around if I had to go out : )

i change my batteries around 3.6-3.7, i think it depends on the voltage but if you're vaping at higher voltages you notice the performance drop more as the battery discharges

Yeah, may have to bust out the eGo's when I go over town to do the weekly jobs! :-)

Or buy a mini lavatube! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

i do change it around there, sometimes when its fully low my charger makes funny sounds for couple minutes.
    So i try to avoid full discharge for a bit.
    To be honest it shouldn't make a difference tho.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I read somewhere else (ECF probably) that letting them go below 3.5v damages their lifespan, so typically I'll change them there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I'll be getting one of the Smoktech Vmax tubes within the next couple of weeks.
    One vendor on UKvapers said it was cheap and nasty but there's a guy on the ECF that has one and says it's fantastic. Apparently it doesn't drop voltage under load either, it looks like people are complaining about the finish more than anything.

Chris at Britvapes has the VMAX on pre-order for £59.95 including the batteries so I'm going to take one for the team and be the forum Guinea pig.

Here's a review in German by the even more camp cousin of David Walliams - go to about 12.25 to check out the amount of vapour this thing produces.

And another in an unidentified language but with voltage tests, looks like this is a good mod!

To be fair to the Smok stuff, it does what it says on the tin, I can see this being a viable option for people to jump on when they wanna make the VV jump!

Quick one here for the veterans.

Been using standard resistance carto's around the 4.5v mark the last couple of days.
    Does anyone notice they go through a LOT more fluid using Standard as opposed to LR?

Since Monday I've easily gone through 20+ml!

um. cant say I noticed that
    could be the lavatube limited itself downwards as you use the LR cartos?

I'll stick in an LR tomorrow and see how i get on and I'll report back!

hrm.. do, it's an interesting one

the lavatube should be able to push a 2ohm carto up to about 5v so I guess it really shouldn't be limiting itself.

best bet would be to vape LR for a few days and see if you vape less/more/the same

20+ml in 4 days though, jesus :) I thought I was a heavy vaper

Yeah it does seem a little bit too much juice to use in a couple of days.

When I've an LR in there it doesn't seem to limit anyway, anywhere from 3.7-5v it snaps crackles and pops like there's no tomorrow, with a 3ohm one I've to push it over 5v to really get her going!

yeah I tended to go to 5v with my SR boges but I did start running them at 4.5v most of the time in the weeks before I got my RDA
    I suppose that's where the variable in variable voltage comes in :)

Another thing i just thought of, I'm @ 11mg juIce, I'm not getting a hell of a lot of throat hit, maybe I'm on too low a nic?

Might pick up a bottle or 18mg and see how I fare out!

• Advertisement

did you just recently drop down to 11mg?

Advertisement