Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lavatube

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Aye, it does appear to be more of a limited edition design, as apposed to a v2 version, still slick tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

There's a few now, the Smoktech version which has a 4amp limitation, the Lavatube V2 and the Tobeco - which is the ugliest thing I've ever seen:eek:

qq__20120327230013___.png
    563031_136078193187671_100003564721949_145517_1979475641_n-1.jpg
    new-chrome-v2-lavatube-variable-voltage-premium-mega-bundle-kit-special-offer-pre-order--2-1088-p.jpg

The Smok and V2 look like things you should be picking small hairs off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the smoktech one apparently uses stacked batteries

the smoktech one apparently uses stacked batteries

I thought that was dodgy?

aye, dont know the specifics but I've seen a lot of people on other ecig sites warning against it

from ukvapers
    DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert and this post could be total BS but I am posting it to further the collective knowledge.

As far as I can make out its not shorting thats a problem but the fact that time and again from experience people are saying that one battery is always being worked much harder than the other, whether thats deduced from battery heat or how much charge a battery has lost.

We are always warned not to stack an older battery with a newer battery in series, well after a time if the above is true then isn't one of the batteries technically aging faster. Now you will be rotating these batteries around in most cases without knowing it when you take them out and replace them so over time they should be aging about the same. But just like you can roll heads 100 times if you toss a coin enough times it is my opinion there are some seriously unlucky mofos who have been doing the same with batteries until the overworked one freaks out.

http://ukvapers.com/topic/17201-smok-variable-voltage-coming-soon/

• Advertisement

I'd say it's something that could addressed with protection circuitry of some kind.

http://2smok.com/mod-s/thundervolt/thundervolt-730.html

2smok has lavatube (thundervolt) bodies for 36 euro, full kit for 52 euro

iirc, postage is reasonable from this crowd. comes from spain im pretty sure so postage shouldnt be too long.

i think its part of their easter sale, valid until april 8th according to the email I got

That's the pre order list isn't it?

nah, it's an original LT not a new version or anything
    just cheaper than anywhere else afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Love the finish on the Smok ones, kinda like the old Ronson lighters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

My LT just arrived swiftly from ecigwizard uk (on 4th working day).
    Its nice and cant wait for batteries to charge, another hour or 2.
    By the way its been posted from Germany not UK as per envelope.

Now i just got to track some nice boge silver 3ohm's, where is the best deal guys?
    Will they work in my dct's 3ml/6ml as they have those washer plate/holder on them with the original DCC's?

cheers

edit: My LT can adjust voltage by holding the button + or - and changes down or up rather then pressing it each time to increase.
    ( seen a review where it states u can only press not hold to change it, maybe a revised version?)
    edit2: i take that back as its not doing it now, wierd....

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/joye-510-empty-cartomiser/prod_153.html

stainless boge 3ohm's

dunno if they work with dct's.

mine definitely doesnt change voltage holding the button down, didnt know there were some that could

thanks man,

the volt changing is not doing it now, i recon its me as the - button is a bit offset and probably pressed it multiple times, so false alarm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I believe the DCTs are too big for the boges unfortunately.

ok, i gonna order a couple and see i can still use em for other tanks as i read here and cant go wrong with em dripping in the mean time.

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

stevenmu wrote: »
    I believe the DCTs are too big for the boges unfortunately.

You can buy xxL boges and they are fine with the DCT from http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1076_1078&products_id=7951

Delivery would be a while from there but they are available in the UK as well from http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=108 but they are sold out at the minute.

my 3ohm's stainless boge/dekang cartos came and i must admit- i love it love it love it.
    best vape i ever had especially around 4-4.5v, its brilliant

thanks for your recommendations, im happy out...!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

I find I need to hit the full 6 with menthol and it is lovely :)

All though all the rest of my flavours taste horrible.

Going through a ridiculous amount of eliquid though 30ml in a week!

Tom123 wrote: »
    I find I need to hit the full 6 with menthol and it is lovely :)

All though all the rest of my flavours taste horrible.

Going through a ridiculous amount of eliquid though 30ml in a week!

I go through 30ml a week on an ego battery @ 3.2/3.4v.....can't wait till I try a vari volt! Haha

eeloe wrote: »
    I go through 30ml a week on an ego battery @ 3.2/3.4v.....can't wait till I try a vari volt! Haha

I'm glad to hear that because I was beginning to think I'm turning into a nicomaniac using about 60ml a week now with the LT at between 3.8 and 4.5V Never feel the need to go above 4.5V...

• Advertisement

how the hell are you all using so much juice?

I thought I was crazy with my 3ml a day

how the hell are you all using so much juice?

I thought I was crazy with my 3ml a day

Chainvaping :D I never leave it down Im still at the early stage of giving up cigarettes (2 months nearly) and I used to smoke 30 to 40 a day so I make sure to keep nicotine levels topped up. I have noticed though that I vape more when using 18mg than I would with 24mg.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I definitely notice that I vape more at lower nic levels, but not in the way I expected. Before I really started vaping, I assumed that if I dropped nic levels that I'd want to vape more to get more nic. Instead it turned out that I wanted to vape more just for the sake of vaping more. I couldn't with 24mg, I'd get nic OD symptoms before I would be satisfied. So I dropped to 18mg and then to 12mg, and now I can vape all I want (which is about 3ml a day). I've tried 0mg a few times and it doesn't quite do it for me, so I still need the nic, but I'm surprised that it hasn't really been a huge driving factor for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I used 18mg for a couple of months and trying to step down to 12mg now. I'm definitely vaping more with the 12mg and never feel like I'm completely satisfied. That said, I bought some 18mg this week again and I find it too strong!

Could be the juice too I suppose. Usually use Liqua and I think that may be even lower than the 12mg and bought some normal raspberry 18mg stuff from TBS to try it out. A couple of puffs does me cos there's a really strong throat hit off of it.

I'm after getting a **** load of LR boge carto's this week....2ohm's!

How high can I drive these on a LT before it'll fall back to 3.7?

5v
    and it wont fall down to 3.7v it just wont go higher than 5v

Saaaaweeeet!

Suits me the finest, I don't think I'll ever see myself going over that anyway, it's a rare occasion ya see anyone going over the 5v on reviews or anything! :-)

well a 2ohm carto at 5v is a lot harsher than a 3v carto at 5v, i think its even harsher than a 3ohm carto at 6v

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc#gid=1

Okay, an ego battery under load is roughly 3.4, yeah?

So a LT with a 2ohm at around 3.7-4.5 should be smooth enough?

Maybe I shouldn't have put in such a large order at the HC! :-(

• Advertisement

meh, you wont know until you get it tbh

some juices you might prefer at 5v, some at 3.6 some at 4.3 you can adjust on the fly per juice/carto so it's not a big deal

Advertisement