Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free xbox live gold membership for VF at home customers

• 11-03-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,797 ✭✭✭✭

Meant to post this a while ago. If you're a Vodafone at home (land line and broadband) customer then you will probably get a 1 year free Xbox live gold membership. I'm not 100% sure if this offer is still running but I got it about 3 months ago. I wasn't notified about it but just happened to find it.

Log into you online account and down the left side of the home page click on "Living at home". From memory there are then 2 options - 1 to buy and 1 free.

I'm just after checking my own account and I see they now have another free "add-on" called Mentor which is to help students with making choices in relation to subjects and study methods etc.

Hope this helps someone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah its still there. You need to upgrade your pack to "Ideal" or "Ultimate" first.
    Xbox LIVE Gold

A world of fun is yours with Xbox LIVE Gold. Easily play games online with friends around the world. Video Kinect™ lets you chat with friends right on your TV. Plus, get early access to free game demos and exclusive discounts. Xbox LIVE Gold is your connection to more games, entertainment, and fun.

Buy 12 months membership for only €35.99 or upgrade to an Ideal or Ultimate broadband bundle to get 12 months Xbox LIVE Gold membership included in your bundle!

When your upgrade is complete, go to your Living At Home Add ons page to order your free Xbox LIVE Gold membership add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,797 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mr E wrote: »
    You need to upgrade your pack to "Ideal" or "Ultimate" first.
    Apologies, that is indeed correct.

I was already on the "Ideal" package for quite a while and wasn't aware of it until I stumbled upon it one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

if someone is on the ideal or ultimate package feel free to give me the code, my subscription has run out and it will be like charity ;) (unless they have some account specific sort of thing... or if you want to sell it instead of being charitable which is fair enough :P)

jive wrote: »
    if someone is on the ideal or ultimate package feel free to give me the code, my subscription has run out and it will be like charity ;) (unless they have some account specific sort of thing... or if you want to sell it instead of being charitable which is fair enough :P)
    Chancer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

muffler wrote: »
    Chancer :D

hahahah it's worth the gamble! I'll even video myself putting in the code so there will be no doubts regarding my motives :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah its still there. You need to upgrade your pack to "Ideal" or "Ultimate" first.
    However, if you're on one of their other packages and don't want to "upgrade" (would be a downgrade for me), you can still get a year's subscription for €35 on the same page, which is a saving of €25 over the full Microsoft price.

(EDIT: Well, the broadband part would be a side-grade, but I have some old voice add-ons that I'm not even sure are still available from Vodafone, and I just don't want to go there in case I end up losing them.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This is the package Im on at the moment

Bundles
    Vodafone At Home Talk Offpeak + Ideal Broadband 300GB Preferential Offer

Is this the right package for the free 12 months? I know someone above said the Ideal package but I just want to confirm before ordering :o

Cheers

IPAM wrote: »
    This is the package Im on at the moment

Bundles
    Vodafone At Home Talk Offpeak + Ideal Broadband 300GB Preferential Offer

Is this the right package for the free 12 months? I know someone above said the Ideal package but I just want to confirm before ordering :o

Cheers
    It says "ideal broadband" in your package description so yes you should get it. There are 2 options when you go to order...one is to pay and the other is free.....thats if I recall corectly as its about 4 months ago that I availed of it.

Edit/ dont forget to include your customer number and or phone number in any PMs.

If in doubt at all you can always PM Vodafone: Darren or Vodafone: Dwayne (he's currently logged in) to have it cofirmed. Thats what I did at the time.

Cheers Muffler! :)

IPAM wrote: »
    Cheers Muffler! :)
    Hope it works out for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

We upgraded to Ideal broadboand package there last week but I don't the e-mail associated to the account so had to PM Dwayne....Hopefully they can sort it out, cheers!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Thanks for the heads up,Muffler. I only upgraded to the 300g pack last week, 40g no good for Netflix! Never even knew about this offer, sure enough it's available to me free.

Just wondering tho, son still has 3 months left on his Live sub, can I still apply this offer anyway and will it kick in after the 3 months? Or should I get the code from VF and just hang onto it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,112 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The 12 months will be added on to the current subscription, so you can input the code right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

happy days. cheers muffler.

didn't really know what package i was on, and went into living at home section and said i needed to upgrade to ideal or ultimate. went in to see what the choice was and price difference, and every option was downgrade. we're on the best package for ultimate, so when i went into the living at home addons it was there. just ordered it and card is in the post :)

so people check the addons section.

I'm at a loss to know why Vodafone haven't fully advertised or promoted this.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

muffler wrote: »
    I'm at a loss to know why Vodafone haven't fully advertised or promoted this.
    That's usually a sign that everyone who signs up is costing them money...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Sorry if it's slightly OT but looking to get an xbox later in the year and am tempted to put in for this now incase VF suddenly withdraw it if it starts to cost them. Is there an expiration on the xbox live membership voucher/card?

W

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

just added 150gig download to my account for 5.99, got the years xbox live gold too
    thanks Muffler!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Can you upgrade to the ideal package and then downgrade after a month or two and still get the xbox live membership?

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Can you upgrade to the ideal package and then downgrade after a month or two and still get the xbox live membership?
    I honestly have no idea but I think with most upgrades you would be tied to some form of contract. You could always PM one of the Vodafone reps I mentioned in an earlier post and ask them if there is a new contract involved....no need to mention anything else ;)

• Advertisement

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Is there an expiration on the xbox live membership voucher/card?
    Again I dont know the answer but I would think that they 12 months would apply from the time you activate the Xbox live code. The guys over in the Xbox forum would know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

What's to stop someone registering for one of those packages, and then cancelling within the cooling off period after using the XBL code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

What's to stop someone registering for one of those packages, and then cancelling within the cooling off period after using the XBL code?

I'd say it's probably in the T&C and if you did change then they'd most likely bill you for the XBL code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

There is at least, no contract with the Xbox Live Gold, could be with the upgrade to the ideal package . I applied for the Live (was already on the top package years) and received it, whilst in the middle of moving to UPC.
    By the way, the code is posted out, so I assume it wouldn't arrive until after the cooling off period has ended, as is normal with these sort of deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thanks for posting this Muffler.

- Whats Vodafone at home like ? Any good? Seems competitively priced?

Got mine today, free :) , thanks again!

Advertisement