Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charlie Brooker explains Kony 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

The man's a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Great video, the man talks a lot of sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Charlie Brooker is my God. From Newswipe to Screenwipe and Gameswipe. Everything he touches is gold. Which is why I was surprised he's in a show with that twat Jimmy Carr. I can understand David Mitchell. But Carr? About as funny as ball cancer.

Oh oh oh and his zombie big brother program Dead Set, and Black Mirror and his radio show So Wrong It's Right....<fanboy boner>.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭token56

He's also married to Konnie Huq, lucky b*stard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

looks like the evolution video version of chain letters /chain e-mails etc.

From threatening/supernatural, to save the children emotional heart strings approach, it's only a mater of time before abuse of peoples emotions desensitised them further to real issues and important causes.

I'm not saying anyone who exploits children , Kony or otherwise is not an important cause. but I'd rather support an established organisation like amnesty international than some prick on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

"It all looks a bit like a shallow T-Mobile advert shot by the Pepsi Max pricks"

Brilliant line. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

I'd love to know what Doug Stanhope thinks about the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

So much for his christian values:

The man behind KONY 2012, Jason Russell, has been arrested for masturbating in public.

A co-founder for Invisible Children was detained in Pacific Beach on Thursday for being drunk in public and masturbating, according to the San Diego Police Department.
    Jason Russell, 33, was allegedly found masturbating in public, vandalizing cars and possibly under the influence of something, according to the SDPD. He was detained at the intersection of Ingraham Street and Riviera Road.
    An SDPD spokesperson said the man detained was acting very strange, some may say bizarre.

http://www.reddit.com/r/offbeat/comments/qzvl2/the_man_behind_kony_2012_jason_russell_has_been/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Proof that he is a major wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This whole Kony business has passed me by, as being of a certain age I bizarrely still think that if its an internet/youtube type phenomena its almost certainly a bogus pile of piffle with an agenda.

Turns out I was right! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

HEbeH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

mike65 wrote: »
    This whole Kony business has passed me by, as being of a certain age I bizarrely still think that if its an internet/youtube type phenomena its almost certainly a bogus pile of piffle with an agenda.

A week or so back , I somehow ended up on the Invisible Children/Kony 2012 page with a 30 min video, so skipped to random part to see if it was worth it. Pffftt! An over enthusiastic guy - either an Evangelical or a Nazi, I wasn't sure which - asking his disinterested (and maybe retarded) aryan kid some leading question.

Yeah... I had episodes of My Little Pony to watch instead... that rhymes with Kony... and is as about as likely to save kids in Uganda as some ill-fated attempt to save child soldiers by sending an army to fight them - maybe moreso since they won't be, like, dead at the end of it.

Ugh.... I think I've made the classic mistake being so completely against the 'Kony 2012' thing that I've gone and learned too much about it.

Rookie mistake. :pac:

Advertisement