Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

parkes vaping gummi bears on a boge 2ohm on ego batt

first thing that hits you is the smell
    it smells like gummi bears, it really does. I had such high hopes for this juice but it just doesn't deliver.
    there is a hint of the smell in the taste when you're vaping,but only a hint. the overwhelming taste is of nothing.. ive never vaped unflavoured pg but i'd guess it's kinda like this as there's just no taste to it.

http://www.vipvaporcig.com/e-liquid/vip-eliquid-specialties/gummy-bear.html

Shipping costs to Europe seems ok and their flavours, bases, etc seem cheap enough.

I might order a few myself and include this:
    http://www.vipvaporcig.com/diy-supplies/graduated-cylinder-100ml.html

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

The first juice I tried was the rye4 24mg from TBS and even though I keep trying other juices I keep coming back to the rye4 so for me its the best so far.

I also like the traditional tobacco flavour in the liqua range from TBS and found it to be a nice mellow flavour and throat hit I'm using the 18mg stuff.

My third favourite is 18mg cola flavour from e-cigshop, I found it quite nice kinda tasted like cola flavoured chewits but I wouldn't use it as an all day vape just nice if in the mood for something different.

I'd be interested to hear other people top 3 favourites, might give me ideas of what to try in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

newmark wrote: »
    I'd be interested to hear other people top 3 favourites, might give me ideas of what to try in future.

All I smoke is a mixture of Caramel 45%, USA Mix 45% and Vanilla 10% all 18mg dekang stuff from TBS. I fúckin love it.:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they're pretty good
    I remember not being incredibly impressed with the traditional tobacco, but it was a nice enough vape. the tirimasu is delicious and the coffee was.. I dunno, i've kinda gone off coffee vapes after being crazy about them when I started but it was decent. kind of a black coffee vibe

i've heard their fruits are very nice, but havent gotten around to testing

I tried the traditional tobacco and the american tobacco flavour in the liqua range and found them pretty ok. I did however make a cocktail out of them the other day I mixed about 10ml of each with a 10ml bottle of Cú chulainn from IV and the result was a really nice mix of tobacco, almond and rye4.
    viks75 wrote: »
    My experience is that all the tobacco tastes taste like if you are chewing the tobacco leaves, rather than smoking them (this special burning tobacco smoke taste).

My favorites so far are the premium RY4 from thebestshop.eu and premium juice Royal Tobacco or Virginia from e-cigshop.eu. I am down at 6 mg nic at the moment. Not so harsh throat hit but plenty of vapour for the ones from e-cigshop.

Has anyone tried the Liqua juices from thebestshop.eu? thinking about trying one of these...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 elipsoid

Has anyone tried the Liqua juices from thebestshop.eu? thinking about trying one of these...

The tobacco flavors are very interesting, give them a go, I think they have hit on something very unique and for me instantly recognisable as Italian, but not really to my taste, lacking in depth possibly, but certainly bang on bright tobacco flavors without sweetness.

Decadent vapors tobacco flavor is very similar but better in my opinion, slightly deeper, unfortunately I find that the vape is not consistent, worth it when you do get a good blast, but I couldn't recommend it due to it's hit and miss nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I don't think any of them taste like tobacco to be honest! Maybe its just me though!

My experience is that all the tobacco tastes taste like if you are chewing the tobacco leaves, rather than smoking them (this special burning tobacco smoke taste).

My favorites so far are the premium RY4 from thebestshop.eu and premium juice Royal Tobacco or Virginia from e-cigshop.eu. I am down at 6 mg nic at the moment. Not so harsh throat hit but plenty of vapour for the ones from e-cigshop.

I buy Liqua fruity flavours pretty exclusively actually. Used to be expensive at ca. 5 euro for 10ml but you can get 30ml for a tenner now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

30ml for €10 is a deal breaker.

I LOVE the berry mix and the citrus mix, the only gripe I have with them is, they taste so damn nice, I was flying trough the juice!

Does anyone here use Virginia E-liquid from TBS. I just started using it and it tastes fine to vape, but it smells disgusting in the bottle. It smells so bad that I'm half scared to use it, is this the normal smell for this flavour? I'm hoping this is normal because I'm well in the mood for a tobacco flavoured vape and I've been doing fruit and menthol all day.

dk-tab smells like cat piss in the bottle and it's still a lovely vape

• Advertisement

dk-tab smells like cat piss in the bottle and it's still a lovely vape

lol... I have that DKTB liquid coming tomorrow so I better not smell anything anymore so..
    Really though this stuff smells like a dead horse. I pulled off the cap to get the syringe in and got some juice on my hands doing it. washed my hands well after it and i can still smell the rancid smell on the tips of my fingers :eek:

ive had some foul smelling juices before, but they tend to vape fine :)

just open a window :p

This virginia actually really tastes excellent now that im lashing into it. its got a fairly good tobacco taste as well.
    ive had some foul smelling juices before, but they tend to vape fine :)

just open a window :p

parkes vaping gummi bears on a boge 2ohm on ego batt

first thing that hits you is the smell
    it smells like gummi bears, it really does. I had such high hopes for this juice but it just doesn't deliver.
    there is a hint of the smell in the taste when you're vaping,but only a hint. the overwhelming taste is of nothing.. ive never vaped unflavoured pg but i'd guess it's kinda like this as there's just no taste to it.
    vapour production is decent, I did order 70pg/30vg thinking that's what I was used to with my dekang liquids, but apparently dekangs are 100pg generally so.. maybe it's the fact that it's 30vg that's diluting the flavour so much.

when I get my lavatube next week I'll try it again on a 3ohm carto at 5V, i have noticed on a few juices that brought out flavours that were muted or hidden on an ego batt.
    so far though, dissapointed.

the banana waffle and caramel coffee smell so good too, im almost afraid to try them in case they don't live up to the dream either.

--edit

actually maybe I should steep the gummy bears juice.
    i gave it a shake, took the cap off and put it in a dark cupboard. gona leave it there for 24 hours. after that.. what do I do, just leave it there for a few days?

--edit
    every other review i see of this juice says it tastes just like gummy bears.... pain in the sack. work, damn you juice!

and here it is
    after about 2 weeks steeping, filled up a dual coil atomiser @ 5v and by jesus
    its like I set a bag of gummy bears on fire and am breathing in the fumes
    delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Was the gummy bear a pre mix or a diy from flavor?
    2 weeks steeping would suggest it was made to order if a premix.
    Glad you like the taste of burning gummy bears :D

it was made to order. mixed on the 17th, shipped on the 18th
    the flavour can be oddly inconsistent strong one vape muted the next, but still nice. dont know if ill bother ordering more, or if I do it'll be in the distant future. have enough flavours now to concentrate on mixing my own juices :)

irishvapers white label - culann

"Oriental tobacco with hazelnut and vanilla notes."

for some reason im getting something of a chocolate vibe from this.. probably the hazelnut blending with the vanilla, but it's nice.
    im also getting a nice tobacco flavour from it, not harsh or strong tobacco but a tobacco with a hint of vanilla on the exhale.
    5 euro for 10ml ain't too bad, definitely won't be an all day vape as I'm diy'ing most of my stuff now but I'm definitely going to check out a few more of these juices just to have them around as an option.
    in terms of quality, these juices seem pretty good.. personal prefences about the flavours though I can't help you with :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Tried out two new liquids over the weekend.

-Liberty Flights XO Mojito (14mg): They really nailed the limey tangyness of a real mojito on this one. There's also a kind of grainyness to it, a little like when you have a mojito where not all of the sugar is fully dissolved. So it's really impressive on that front. The mint is almost non-existent though, and without that to balance the tangyness it can be a little harsh. The mint did come through a bit more at higher voltages, so I'm hoping that it is in there and if I leave it steep for a week or so it'll be more pronounced and mellow out the tangyness a bit. As it is now, it's a very nice vape, but a bit too harsh for an all day vape.

-Pink Spot Blueberry Mojito (11mg) (via Liberty Flights):Yes, I really like mojitos :). This has a strong blueberry flavour and smell, in fact when I opened the envelope from LF I could smell it already, I thought it must have leaked but it hadn't. It's very much a candy or cool-aid type blueberry flavour as opposed to a "real" blueberry flavour, but it is really really nice. And while the blueberry flavour is strong and unmistakeable, it's kind of mellow in that you could vape it all day without destroying your taste buds. There isn't much, if any, mojito style tangyness or mintyness, although that may develop in time. It would be easy to mistake it for just a pure blueberry flavour, but that doesn't stop it from being really delicious. I'll be interested to see how it develops over a week or two, if it lasts that long, but I'll be getting more either way.

I've also experimented briefly with mixing both of these in a dripping atty to try and get the best of both, results seemed promising so I think I'll take a few ml of each and let it sit to mix properly and see how that goes.

ordered some of the famous bobas bounty tonight... already got a shipping tracking number so hopefully it gets shipped tonight.. early next week by the time i get it. from all i've heard about this juice I'm seriously looking forward to it

mrplop wrote: »
    Bestecig.ie Tobbaco VG 24mg;

This will always be a subjective thing but this flavour is the closest I've EVER got to smoking a real cigarette, I'm actually blown away by how close this is to analogues - no trace of sweetness at all.

Vapour 9.5/10.
    Taste 9.5/10

got some of this today and vaped it a bit. it is pretty damn nice. little bit of faffing about as it's all vg but the flavour is pretty excellent and as you'd expect the vapour.
    what i wasnt expecting is the throathit off a 12mg juice.
    my god. it actually does feel kinda similar to smoking a cigarette. it's intense.
    i must have vaped it loads without realising as im trying to refill the carto here and it's just taking *so* much juice. definite 9/10 for me too
    dunno if it'll be an all the time vape as 100% vg is kind of a pain in the arse with cartos, but once I get my RDA/RTA I'll definitely be loving this on a daily basis or just whenever I want that extra oomph
    --edit

dear god.. that throat hit
    its worse (better?) when you are just after filling, as you vape it dry (which happens regretfully quickly at 4.5v) it's a little milder.. but jesus christ
    what a juice

• Advertisement

got 14 bottles of juice in todays post gona edit this post as the day goes on
    all will be dripped at 4.5-5v

toscanamall toasted marshmallow. there is a slight marshmallow taste to it but only slight.. more of a background note. no chemical taste. it's nice but i was expecting more. ill leave it to steep for a week or more, hopefully the flavour will improve. as it is, it's still a nice vape just not as good as I was expecting

toscanamall lychee. dekang lychee had more of a turkish delight vibe, this is.. well ive never actually had lychee fruit but this is similar to dekang just less in your face. i think this might be a theme with the toscanamall juices, lovely but muted flavour.

toscanamall belgian waffles. or maybe not. strong flavour from this one. kind of a cream with mixed fruits, cream slightly overpowering. tiny tiny chemical tinge to it. might leave the bottle uncapped for a night. possibly too sweet for an all day vape, but a nice one to add to the arsenal.

toscanamall cookie. nice, not so much eating a cookie more smelling a freshly baked batch. again dunno if all day vape, but nice to have.

cookie has slightly screwed up my atty, liqua berry mix has a cookie tinge
    liqua berry mix (boge 3ohm @ 4.5/5v). it's alright. from the reviews i was expecting it to be like mashing my face into a bowl of forest fruits. flavour is a bit muted at 4.5v, improved at 5v but still more of a background fruit flavour. if you like liqua, you'll probably like this.
    I went back to this one as I hhad a carto filled with it, it's grown on me. still not as pronounced as the toscanamall forest fruits but the overall backgroundness of the flavour is kinda what makes it. you dont make out any particular flavour just an overall sense of fruitness in the vape.

irishvapers cliodhna - "Anissete menthol." possibly the second menthol juice I dont hate. reaches in to your nasal passages and kicks the **** out of everything until they feel clear. if I was a menthol vaper this would be an all day vape, as it is I'm going to be dripping this onto an atty regularly enough.. it's pretty damn good.

toscanamall tutti frutti. like vaping a fruit salad sweet. awesome.

toscanamall apple pie. even though im not getting much of an apple or a crust flavour.. it does actually taste like apple pie smells. weird. bit muted but nice

liqua citrus mix. pretty much what it says on the tin, love it. nice orange with a tinge of lemon in the background.

toscanamall forest fruit. this is kinda what i was hoping the liqua berry mix would be like. lovely mixed forest fruits flavour. like the other toscanamall flavours id rather it was stronger, but still an excellent vape.

liqua french pipe. a nice relaxed tobacco flavour.

irishvapers white label oisin "Capuccino caramel with tiramisu and champagne. cappucino kinda overpowers the other flavours, can't tell what they are but there's definitely something there aside from the cappucino alright. pretty nice if you're looking for a coffee vape.

liqua cigar tobacco i wasnt crazy about...probably ****ed my tastebuds up after trying everything else. other juice i got was whitelabel cullann, but i reviewed that a few post above.

I picked up some 20mg Strawberry Milkshake from http://e-smokeireland.eu/ . Handy collection service if you're in west dublin.

This is possibly the nicest thing I've vaped so far. I dont know where to start other than its like drinking a feckin strawberry milkshake. Maybe I haven't exposed myself to enough different varieties of ejuice but this is by far the nicest I've tasted and at a completely different level to the dekang stuff I vape.

Great flavour, throat hit and vapour reproduction but the whole experience is balanced by a creaminess that almost resembles eating chocolate. This might replace my USA Mix/Caramel mix as my all day vape.

Must try some of their other flavours.

got some of this today and vaped it a bit. it is pretty damn nice. little bit of faffing about as it's all vg but the flavour is pretty excellent and as you'd expect the vapour.
    what i wasnt expecting is the throathit off a 12mg juice.
    my god. it actually does feel kinda similar to smoking a cigarette. it's intense.
    i must have vaped it loads without realising as im trying to refill the carto here and it's just taking *so* much juice. definite 9/10 for me too
    dunno if it'll be an all the time vape as 100% vg is kind of a pain in the arse with cartos, but once I get my RDA/RTA I'll definitely be loving this on a daily basis or just whenever I want that extra oomph
    --edit

dear god.. that throat hit
    its worse (better?) when you are just after filling, as you vape it dry (which happens regretfully quickly at 4.5v) it's a little milder.. but jesus christ
    what a juice

threw this into my chibi tank earlier and jesus christ. im sickened I found this juice as I was happy diy'ing all my mainstay **** for the forseeable future, im gona need so much more of this

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

got 14 bottles of juice in todays post gona edit this post as the day goes on
    all will be dripped at 4.5-5v

toscanamall toasted marshmallow. there is a slight marshmallow taste to it but only slight.. more of a background note. no chemical taste. it's nice but i was expecting more. ill leave it to steep for a week or more, hopefully the flavour will improve. as it is, it's still a nice vape just not as good as I was expecting

toscanamall lychee. dekang lychee had more of a turkish delight vibe, this is.. well ive never actually had lychee fruit but this is similar to dekang just less in your face. i think this might be a theme with the toscanamall juices, lovely but muted flavour.

toscanamall belgian waffles. or maybe not. strong flavour from this one. kind of a cream with mixed fruits, cream slightly overpowering. tiny tiny chemical tinge to it. might leave the bottle uncapped for a night. possibly too sweet for an all day vape, but a nice one to add to the arsenal.

toscanamall cookie. nice, not so much eating a cookie more smelling a freshly baked batch. again dunno if all day vape, but nice to have.

cookie has slightly screwed up my atty, liqua berry mix has a cookie tinge
    liqua berry mix (boge 3ohm @ 4.5/5v). it's alright. from the reviews i was expecting it to be like mashing my face into a bowl of forest fruits. flavour is a bit muted at 4.5v, improved at 5v but still more of a background fruit flavour. if you like liqua, you'll probably like this.
    I went back to this one as I hhad a carto filled with it, it's grown on me. still not as pronounced as the toscanamall forest fruits but the overall backgroundness of the flavour is kinda what makes it. you dont make out any particular flavour just an overall sense of fruitness in the vape.

irishvapers cliodhna - "Anissete menthol." possibly the second menthol juice I dont hate. reaches in to your nasal passages and kicks the **** out of everything until they feel clear. if I was a menthol vaper this would be an all day vape, as it is I'm going to be dripping this onto an atty regularly enough.. it's pretty damn good.

toscanamall tutti frutti. like vaping a fruit salad sweet. awesome.

toscanamall apple pie. even though im not getting much of an apple or a crust flavour.. it does actually taste like apple pie smells. weird. bit muted but nice

liqua citrus mix. pretty much what it says on the tin, love it. nice orange with a tinge of lemon in the background.

toscanamall forest fruit. this is kinda what i was hoping the liqua berry mix would be like. lovely mixed forest fruits flavour. like the other toscanamall flavours id rather it was stronger, but still an excellent vape.

liqua french pipe. a nice relaxed tobacco flavour.

irishvapers white label oisin "Capuccino caramel with tiramisu and champagne. cappucino kinda overpowers the other flavours, can't tell what they are but there's definitely something there aside from the cappucino alright. pretty nice if you're looking for a coffee vape.

liqua cigar tobacco i wasnt crazy about...probably ****ed my tastebuds up after trying everything else. other juice i got was whitelabel cullann, but i reviewed that a few post above.

Jesus Christ!
    Did you win the lottery or are you surviving on a Tescos value baked bean diet?

I thought I was a maniac when it came to buying this stuff.

the toscanamall stuff I ordered 2+ weeks ago it just took ages to arrive from romania, the irishvapers stuff I got during their 20% off sale for world vaping day and the tbs stuff.. well I felt like treating myself :)

all 10ml bottles too, like 3-4 euro each. it wasn't exactly "cheap" but it probably looks more expensive than it is

i think all in all it came to 60-70 quid for 140 odd ml of juice, 35~ 2 weeks ago 35~ this week :)
    --edit

been vaping that irishvapers oisin in a carto, its delicious. these whitelabel juices are real nice, whoever manufactures them.

--edit
    oh my god, this belgian waffle is ****ing incredible. they do 500ml bottles of it for 170..... im tempted, but might just go for the 100ml

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

This is currently one of the 'guest' Halo juices at thevapourstore.
    I mainly vape tobacco flavours with apple being about the only fruit flavour I vape so it was a no brainer for me to try this tobacco/apple blend.

I know from experience that first impressions of halo juices can be quite misleading as their juice seem to change drastically from being left open for 24/48 hours.

That is certainly the case with this juice.

On day one this juice was way too sweet for me, my first thought was this is exactly the same as Vermillion River Kentucky blend, which I personally don't like. sure I get the tobacco flavour and a mild apple flavour but there was an overall vanilla sweetness that was just too much for me.

Day two is another matter altogether, this juice has changed drastically just from being left open for one night.
    The over powering sweetness has settled right down and the apple flavour is now more pronounced, I'm still getting a nice tobacco flavour but thankfully the strong vanilla has dropped right off, there is though a hint of what I can only describe as fruity/mild mint chewing gum flavour that really pleasantly coats the mouth almost in the way a menthol vape does.

Vapour production as with all Halo juices I've tried is outstanding and throat hit at 12mg is very good.

Not sure if this will be a regular vape for me, but it is very pleasant and is growing on me more as the day goes on! Well worth a try.

the famous bobas bounty

im not getting tobacco from this at all.
    all im getting is chocolate. now it's a ****ing delicious chocolate. it's the nicest chocolate i've ever vaped. it's rich without being sickening and there's a hint of something in the background but... i dont understand why this is labeled a tobacco juice.

surferdwb wrote: »
    On day one this juice was way too sweet for me, my first thought was this is exactly the same as Vermillion River Kentucky blend, which I personally don't like. sure I get the tobacco flavour and a mild apple flavour but there was an overall vanilla sweetness that was just too much for me.

Thank God I'm not alone on this. I got 3/4 different variations of the Vermillion River stuff a few months back and they all had that same sweetness so I gave them away. All tasted like Candy Floss with little variation between them. Shame I didn't hold on to them and leave them open as I'm still intrigued by the hype.

I understand that when juices are made they have to be left open and let mix for a number of days. Could this be bad QC and the juice made, bottled, sealed and shipped too soon? Given that a few months back the stuff was always out of stock everywhere it wouldn't be surprising.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Rather than mix together tobacco and mint flavouring into a clear base, I just bought a base liquid that was already tobacco flavoured from Inawera.

I'm cutting down on the nicotine intake, so I bought 100ml of 6mg and 100ml of 0mg juice and mixed them together, and added about 12/13 ml of "natural mint" flavouring. I threw in about 25ml of the remaining clear base I had left over.

The tobacco taste is a bit stronger than the stuff I used before (clear base with tobacco flavouring), but it's not too bad. Tasted rotten at first, but was just down to a dodgy cartomiser thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I've gone back in time the last 2 days and whipped out an old 510 atomizer and cartridge and have put on a Ego battery. Have been putting 3 drops of Dekang Chocolate and 3 Drops of Silkcut. Sounds disgusting, but it is in fact a very pleasant and easy vape. Yummy!

Advertisement