Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Caspian Conquest, March 4th...

• 14-02-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

427218_269685129769877_100001851767432_693442_932935191_n.jpg
    Date : March 4th
    Game fee : €20
    Gates Open: 10.00
    Game on: 11.30
    Endex 17.00

Background: Russian and American ground forces have met in the disputed Caspian Border region both prepared for battle. Their commanders realise that to gain the upper hand they must control the regions tactical strongholds as well as the crucial supply depots.
    The forests and mixed terrain of the Caspian border area coupled with the experienced units on both sides, will make this battle a challenge for both sides.

Factions:
    Russian Spetsnaz.
    Uniform: Any camo. Russian camo patterns and Ak47’s etc. encouraged.

American Marines Corps.
    Uniform: Any camo. U.S. camo patterns and load outs encouraged.

Rules and relevant info HERE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

ok paul put the rats down for 8 russian spetznas.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Borderlands

Ratsquad wrote: »
    ok paul put the rats down for 8 russian spetznas.
    Sound lads. Plenty of players booked in so it should make for serious days play. Catch up with you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

pitty, will be in kerry this weekend with family for my birthday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭mack1984

just wondering if you need to pre book for this event as there is a few of us from greenzone combat in armagh looking to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

will try an get myself and john up for this one lads.

• Advertisement

@mack1984: Although not necessary to pre-book for the event we do prefer it as it gives us an idea of how many players we will be dealing with on the day and how best to manage the game.

@c-90: Sound man. The more the merrier. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

guys

I've never been to one of these events before so just afew questions.

are ther ammo/mag limits?
    would i need to take water with me into the game field or whats the story with that?

@mack1984: Although not necessary to pre-book for the event we do prefer it as it gives us an idea of how many players we will be dealing with on the day and how best to manage the game.

@c-90: Sound man. The more the merrier. ;)

Think there might be 9 or 10 of us attending, unsure of what side everyone wants to be on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalv10022

Damn it!! I love BF3 and every awesome event has to be far away ;(. Have no one to bring me from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭dinko4gr

5 of us are coming up as well (waiting on confirmation from the 6th). quick questions. Will there be a hired coach from dublin city centre or around there? Will participants be able to hire aeg on the day as only 3 of us own aeg and pistols? are there any rules regarding ammo for example bio bbs only? any rough estimate of people coming down as we would like to join the yankeez due to camo and gear. as its the first time for all of us we would also like to know if we need to bring water n food or if there are restaurants/fast food within walking or short driving distance.

• Advertisement

dinko4gr wrote: »
    5 of us are coming up as well (waiting on confirmation from the 6th). quick questions. Will there be a hired coach from dublin city centre or around there? Will participants be able to hire aeg on the day as only 3 of us own aeg and pistols? are there any rules regarding ammo for example bio bbs only? any rough estimate of people coming down as we would like to join the yankeez due to camo and gear. as its the first time for all of us we would also like to know if we need to bring water n food or if there are restaurants/fast food within walking or short driving distance.

Yeah , Tell us More ^. Wondering too if there is gonna be a Bus.

Faolchu wrote: »
    guys

are ther ammo/mag limits?
    would i need to take water with me into the game field or whats the story with that?

Most of our games have ammo limits but not this one Faolchu. Players will be able to carry ammo with them in the field as their are multiple re-spawn points that can be lost. You will have an area on the edge of the site were you may leave your lunch or any extra gear. You can also carry it with you during the game.
    Think there might be 9 or 10 of us attending, unsure of what side everyone wants to be on though.

Sound man. Just let me know on the morning and that should be fine as long as the sides are even.
    Will participants be able to hire aeg on the day as only 3 of us own aeg and pistols?
    We will not have any rentals available for this event mate.

Also, dinko4gr. You will have to bring your lunch with you on the day and eat on your own time during the game as we do not stop for lunch. Bio BB's only on site. Dundalk town (5 minutes away) has plenty of fast food stops for after the game and there is a petrol station about minutes away from the site that you will pass on your way here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 airsoft227

Dalv 100/22

Just looking at your posting -is there a bus from city centre?
    Where you coming from.

airsoft227 wrote: »
    Dalv 100/22

Just looking at your posting -is there a bus from city centre?
    Where you coming from.

I'm in Blanchardstown,Dublin.

I was talking to a couple of lads from city center they were doing a deal with a taxi -mini bus -spoke to this them morn they have sorted transport
    sorry.

I dont think the site is near any public transport routes -its off M1

airsoft227 wrote: »
    I was talking to a couple of lads from city center they were doing a deal with a taxi -mini bus -spoke to this them morn they have sorted transport
    sorry.

I dont think the site is near any public transport routes -its off M1

Ok :( lol

You can get a bus eireann bus to dundalk centre then get a taxi to site for about 10 euro mate. Just check bus eireann times. People do it a bit. ;)

You can get a bus eireann bus to dundalk centre then get a taxi to site for about 10 euro mate. Just check bus eireann times. People do it a bit. ;)

Nah it's grand. Don't wanna Cary guns in public and expensive too xD

Can you put at least 8 down for the US side, the others arent decided yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭aben3313

Hi put me and the lad down on the yanks side.

• Advertisement

No problem Lads! See you in the morning. Everything is ready to go! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

so.......any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 RABBIT.

Well I have to say, again another whopper day up in Bellurgan Park Airsoft.
    Over 100 players showed up for what turned out to be a class day, even the guys who run Bellurgan Mark & Paul or is it Paul & Mark? Lol, Said they were surprised at how well the day went and how the game flowed so well with so many players on site.

We started off at the very back end of the site near the village, we had to get to and control 5 objectives and raise our flag (Russian) and drop the American flag. At each location there were 3 ammo box’s, a blue one a red one and one containing a stop watch for each team, we had to start our own timer and prevent the Americans from starting theirs. We also needed to get our own ammo box back to a safe location and hold it there for as long as we could.
    The Americans put up a good fight but they only seemed to travel in small groups of no more than 4-5 players, which put them at a massive disadvantage as we moved in large numbers and were well able to hold them off, they did manage to get to some of the objectives but didn’t manage to hold them for long.

As you know I play with the Rats and I have to say this was one of our best days as a team unit, communications were bang on and everyone stuck together and followed orders as they were given out, and no one went off on solo runs, though it wasn’t from lack of trying (mick) lol.

There were many memorable points from the game, but these are my favourite,

We were moving back to our base and we spotted 4 Americans coming through the big field on the North side of the site, we ran at them and they ran and sought refuge in the small island of trees in the middle of the field, so we continued and with great precision surrounded the island and slowly closed in on them, the wind was in our favour and I hit one of them with a few bb’s that floated in on the wind and fair play to the guy he took the hit straight away, another was spotted reloading so we charged the island and quickly cleared it out, well done to the 4 guys they could have ran to the forest but instead they stayed to fight, it made for a great story. It would have made for great viewing on video but I guess I will have to wait for the next time.

Another memorable point was when we spotted 4 guys again coming through the field so myself and Paddy turned sideways so they could not see our armbands and beckoned them to us to help out, so we stepped into a gateway for a second or two and back out again and as the guys got closer we jumped back out and sprayed away, it was very funny hearing the guys give out to a young lad who was directing the group, they were from Greenzone up north. Watch out guys there is always a RAT TRAP set.

Well done to our 2 probies you played very well, Again thanks to Warren for my lift up.
    Well done to Jimmy he done a great job as platoon leader.

Thanks to Paul & Mark for a great day and can’t wait for April, see you soon guys..

brill day and with such big numbers well run by mark an paul and co on the day.and seemed to be a cheat free day.
    cheers lads
    well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Italianstyle

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the dispite my lack of sleep (finished work at 5am on sat) but I eventually got some energy later In the day. The game was ran very well and everyone played very well and fairly. Was one of the Americans myself and loved the last battle near the village ( even if I did accidentally throw a grenade at my own teammate haha).

Looking forward to the next big game and ill definitely get some more sleep for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Netko

RABBIT. wrote: »
    Another memorable point was when we spotted 4 guys again coming through the field so myself and Paddy turned sideways so they could not see our armbands and beckoned them to us to help out, so we stepped into a gateway for a second or two and back out again and as the guys got closer we jumped back out and sprayed away, it was very funny hearing the guys give out to a young lad who was directing the group, they were from Greenzone up north. Watch out guys there is always a RAT TRAP set.

Is it safe to say I was one of those that got caught in that trap? :pac:

A serious thanks to all the players who showed up yesterday an made the game what it was. Over 100 players and no hassle... You lot are a fine example of what the honor system in airsoft is all about and what the sport can be. Hats off all round!

A special thanks to JB, Gerry, Steve, Chris, Dave and Uli who gave a hand with chrono, sign in and marshaling. Cheers for the hands!

Another applause to Jim, Kevin and Alex who all reluctantly took on command roles and went above and beyond the call of duty. Great effort lads!

At the end of the day the Russian side came out on top! It was great to see large coordinated section attacks and defensive lines pay dividend in the end. The USMC side kept the morale up and fought back hard right to the finish. The assault on the village in the last 10 minutes of the game was a testament to this. Launching offensive maneuvers literally to the last second... pity the whistle cut it short!

Fair play to Derek too for leaving us the gift of a boot in a mud pond. Its going on the wall mate ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Blowpipe

Thanks for a great day lads - heres the photos I took.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/16849534@N03/sets/72157629156445544/

Blowpipe wrote: »
    Thanks for a great day lads - heres the photos I took.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/16849534@N03/sets/72157629156445544/
    brill pics mate, and it was a pleasure playing with the northies great honest players

• Advertisement

Well done Blowpipe -great photos

It was great to have the guys from Greenzone down -hope you all had a great day -I know a lot of bodies intend (when petrol prices come down!!!!) to head up during the summer.
    It was great playing against you all.

Advertisement