Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Lion Claws] Poser alert

• 23-02-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

For the past two and half weeks a small group of US Army (former and current) soldiers worked on a Stolen Valor case that all Airsoft enthusiasts and professionals need to be aware of. This case started just like any typical low-end Airsoft Forum behavior… anytime one dare questions the AUTHORITY (you have to say it in Eric Carmen’s voice to be funny…lol….), they are either ban, block, or deleted.

*Capt. Erwin* and *SSG. Lawson* of AR questioned the legitimacy of a Gregory Shane “Bushman” Vanaman on AAR forum and was “black balled” for being “too aggressive”. The rest is documented at the below Pownetwork.org link.

http://pownetwork.org/horv/horv_884.htm

There is a thread in every OLCMSS event forum to remind all on MILITARY CREDENTIAL….DON’T LIE ABOUT IT…IT’S THAT SIMPLE… why would anyone disgrace those who served like that?

What made the above case worse is that it went on for over two years! The promoters and poser set foot on Ft. Hood, Camp Grubber and the latest in AR….and made fools of many at SHOT SHOW 2012!! (SHOT SHOW owner also contacted)

With politicians constantly attacking Airsoft, it’s NOT SMART for some to constantly find ways to draw fire to Airsoft by breaking laws and promoting posers. The same people who are skilled at posting juvenile slanders via their influenced forums/blogs and their FB pages would never STEP UP to defend the sport when politicians attack….BECAUSE THEY ARE THE PROBLEM!

DO YOU ENJOY THE SPORT OF AIRSOFT? IF SO, SIMPLY OBEY THE LAW, RESPECT ONE ANOTHER, AND DON’T BE A POSER NOR SUPPORT POSER PROMOTERS!

Until Next Time,

Mag Out, Safety On,

Lionclaws Out!

Posers are the same the world over :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I bet if you google his name, that'll be the first page to come up. Probably not great for his employment/emigration prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

LOL, of an epic nature.

k

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

When I was in Afghanistan with the SAS, on a detachment from the CIA / MOSSAD, doing the odd black op, I would run in to plenty of idiots like that. Wee chairsoft losers posing as Call of Duty bad boys. I earned my platinum wings with diamond stars for bravery, valour, merit and consistent sniper skill, so who the hell do they think they are by claiming to be part of my elite crew?!?!?!?!?

It makes me so angry that I have a vein on my forehead!!

... in all honesty though, what a tw@

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

There's some names missing off that webpage :-)

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    There's some names missing off that webpage :-)

That's because the CIA and MI6 had them removed (or so I've been told by my cousin who is in the FBI and has even met Bertie Ahern and Brad Pitt), citing national security. Duh. Covert black ops type stuff, you wouldn't understand. Don't ask, don't tell. Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is this thread ****ing real?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is this thread ****ing real?

The beginning bit, yes. I may have deviated from the topic with fanciful stories of my own (and other's) epic ninja-ness.

The serious part is a sad indictment on Airsoft though, in all honesty.

So your not Jack Bauer?

• Advertisement

So your not Jack Bauer?

My actual designation is classified (by the queen,of england and holland). It's a long story, but basically I was in Belfast and Omagh during the troubles, as a SAS sniper, and there are several lads in grey tracksuits in Tallaght who'd love to know my true identity. I have a badge to prove it.

I'd rather not say anything more. Not that I'm scared or anything. I just don't want to blow my cover here in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Unsinnig wrote: »
    My actual designation is classified (by the queen,of england and holland). It's a long story, but basically I was in Belfast and Omagh during the troubles, as a SAS sniper, and there are several lads in grey tracksuits in Tallaght who'd love to know my true identity. I have a badge to prove it.

I'd rather not say anything more. Not that I'm scared or anything. I just don't want to blow my cover here in Dublin.

I can't tell if you being serious or not. If your not, use these :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Back to the topic at hand lads.

I'm just joshing, as per these :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Sorry Andy, back on topic.

o ok, that was awesome, I totally thought you were being serious!

o ok, that was awesome, I totally thought you were being serious!
    You lads are sh!t at "sarcasm" :D
    Seriously Doc, you need to give Moggser or Tony cash for lessons ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Unsinnig do you know the colour of the boathouse in Hereford ;)

The Waltenkommando over on Arrse.co.uk have been doing this for years... although, mostly for thier own amusement :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Mega lol's at the lads who though Unsinnig was being serious. :D:D:D

Particularly you Doc - talk about dropping the ball. ;)

extremetaz wrote: »
    Mega lol's at the lads who though Unsinnig was being serious. :D:D:D

Particularly you Doc - talk about dropping the ball. ;)

**** off,

Nothing suprises me around here these days!

Also,

":D" is a trademarked Doc.Inc smiley used by "DocMessage" a license copyrighted messaging app for PC that I developed yesterday.

I've sent a mail to high court requesting that Boards/ie be shutdown until such time that I'm happy all smileys are not infringing my license.

Thanks,

Advertisement