Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Places to play

• 14-09-2010 11:12pm

I was wondering where I can find somewhere to actually play the game in Ireland. Having only played it a couple of times, I'm not any good at the sport, but it's by far the most enjoyable one I've played and I'd love to try get into it.

I was wondering if there were any places where tables are available to play. I don't have the space or money to get my own table.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

i'm wondering the same myself, i would love to get back into it. I played under 14's and 17's, and managed to get up to 7th in Leinster and 12th in the country at one stage. That was 15 years ago though!! So does anyone on here play in a club or just anywhere for fun?? I'm in Clontarf but anywhere around north Dublin or i wouldnt mind travelling a little into the southside!! :eek:
    And i would have to get a new bat, as the one i used back in the day would have little shrivelled up rubbers on it by now!! So where would stock good stuff so i could get a bat made up???

Thanks in advance.........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I'd imagine ebay would be a good place to get a decent pad for a reasonable price (I play penhold so getting Chinese bats is quite hard in Ireland). For 20-30 euro you can get a semi decent factory made bat, at least until you know what kind of rubbers you may need :)

As for where to play - no idea, until last year I was on the university squad...

Thirdfox wrote: »
    I'd imagine ebay would be a good place to get a decent pad for a reasonable price (I play penhold so getting Chinese bats is quite hard in Ireland). For 20-30 euro you can get a semi decent factory made bat, at least until you know what kind of rubbers you may need :)

As for where to play - no idea, until last year I was on the university squad...

Thanks, i have'nt thought of ebay. I'll wait till i find somewhere to play first. For the ife of me i cant remember what rubbers i used years ago. I think it was a butterfly shriver on the backhand side, and a stiga or donic something on the forehand.

http://tabletennisclubs.com/leinster.htm

I doing a bit of hunting to find clubs with 'older' players and found this link to several leinster clubs. I have contacted the guy from eastpoint TT club (Clontarf) to see if have older players as this is a handy location for me. I'll update here when i hear back.

Ok, the Pioneers TT club on Mountjoy Square seem to be a good club. They have done very well in the leagues and tournements and have senior and veteran teams :) (from what i have read). I'm going to try and get a number for them and see what nights its is on, etc. So i'll post here when i find out.
    Is anyone else interested in playing there??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

looking for somewhere in dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

York Road Dun L.. niice anybody know if itsa pay and play per hour or is it memebrs only?

I havent had a chance to pop into the Pioneer Club yet, my father is'nt well so its hard to get a free evening, but hopefully this thursday i'll get tp pop in, i'll report back when i do

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Gipo3

anywhere in Sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TubsChubs

new club started players of all standards welcome, in the irish wheelchair association in clontarf on a weds night 8-10 former number 1 main coach.

• Advertisement

Thats brilliant! Im in clontarf, I'll pop over next week. Do you have 'older' or mature players?? Im 31 by the way and would love to back into playing. Do you provide bats at all, as I havent played in about 10 years!!
    Is it around the back in the big hall???

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

hi all, love a game of table tennis so i do and am working in dublin, how does one get playing in dublin, do you just register with a club and take it from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Frankie1234

Hi All,

There is a club in Castleknock. We play every Monday night at 8.00.

Mod snip.

Please don't post personal phone numbers on thread.

If you have a link to a website for the club you play with, feel free to pm me the details and I can add them to the sticky at the top of the main page.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ba3

hi could you pm me some details of castleknock club ,i live in near by and would love to come back to playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭meijin

ba3 wrote: »
    hi could you pm me some details of castleknock club ,i live in near by and would love to come back to playing
    that place has closed a while ago unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Any club in North county dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

There are a couple of clubs here that may be within reasonable travelling distance for you.

new URL for Dundrum club http://www.DundrumTableTennis.org/, and the club now uses big basketball size hall with 7 available tables (and more coming soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

meijin wrote: »
    new URL for Dundrum club http://www.DundrumTableTennis.org/, and the club now uses big basketball size hall with 7 available tables (and more coming soon)

Thanks for that. I've updated the sticky with the new link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Any in kildare?

Anywhere do lessons?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭kk09

Anyone find a good club in North Dublin, was hoping to get into something for the winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

POKERKING wrote: »
    Any in kildare?

Anywhere do lessons?

Thanks

Is there anywhere in Naas? I'd play there myself if there was

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BARGY999

Anyone have details of club in iwa in clontarf? Tried to contact but no response. Alternatively, any other clubs around clotarf/killester? Thanks

BARGY999 wrote: »
    Anyone have details of club in iwa in clontarf? Tried to contact but no response. Alternatively, any other clubs around clotarf/killester? Thanks
    Did you try contact details form http://www.tabletennisclubs.com/leinster.htm or http://leinsterttleague.net/clubs/?
    I think they play in IWA on Wednesdays, a bit after 8pm so you can just go there and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Frankie1234

Hi All, castleknock TT club is far from being closed. We have 3 teams going this year with great results.

2 wins and a second ( leagues)

PM in your looking for a new club... This club is 100% on the up

• Registered Users Posts: 44 manarocket

anywhere in tallaght to play

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keith103103

hi all...is there any clubs or just places to play around the D.24 area

i would like to try a new sport or just a new hobbie and meet likemined people

all replys welcome...thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

Does anyone know about the Pioneers club in Mountjoy Sq? I emailed them and got no response. I phoned them but the number's constantly busy

FYI, the Dundrum TTC is moving to the new venue; see all details at http://www.dundrumtabletennis.org/announcements/we-are-moving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 galin75

Is it for sure the club in Rathmines...dublin 6

Advertisement