Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crowded Bars

Options
  • 28-11-2002 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed in Temple Bar that all the pubs and clubs are packed beyond reasonable saftey limits. Anyone know any gems that are reasonably spacious but also have a good atmosphere, anywhere in the Dublin area? Mc Turkhills is probably the only place I have found thats " safe"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Turks Head is one of the worst for getting far too full for comfort, but then again its full of dirty girls,

the Gaeity on friday nights is usually a good laugh and never really gets too packed cos its bloody massive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

The Barge is a good place to drink in, last time i was in it "wasnt to full, but also not empty :)"

good atmosphere usually to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

The Barge is a dodgy place
    They have no respect for people
    Also if your looking for food they were done by the health inspectors recently ( sign of rats ........)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Hubba on Dame Street, but it is a bit too quiet, but if you are not in the mood for loud music and wanna hear a few Beetles Tunes, bobs you uncle ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

peters pub, beside cafe mocha, the one near stephens green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by deckie27
    The Barge is a dodgy place
    They have no respect for people
    Also if your looking for food they were done by the health inspectors recently ( sign of rats ........)

Is that rats thing a fact or speculation ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

The Bridge on Westmoreland street. About halfway down the street from the centra store, down some steps. Good drinks (they do a brill pint of the black stuff), good food and big portions too, nice crowd (no scummers!), good talent, TV's, big and spacey and not too expensive. Every time I've gone to this bar, I've had a great time. Great place to start off a big night on the piss!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I was always a fan of the Modern Green bar on Wexford Street (called Solas now i think....). I cant recall ever having trouble finding a seat in their, and the beer was lovely. Decent prices too....

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

There's nothing abotu the barge on http://www.fsai.ie/enforcements_index.htm

and that goes back to at least 1999

pubs in town - if you are willing, there's always seats in pubs at the unfashionable end of trinity college -
    Gingerman, Kennedys, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

how much do you poor bastards pay for a pint in Dublin city center ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I remember paying upwards of 4.40 euro for a pint of guinness in some pub in city centre, can't remember where, I may have been drunk at the time.

Was out in Isoldes Tower in temple bar and a round of 3 drinks that someone got at our table cost around 18 euro, 2 pints, guinness and erdinger, and a vodka and split

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

cafe insane is one of the main offenders, fiver for a pint of beer, probably more now, v crowded too, what a ****hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by lafortezza
    Was out in Isoldes Tower in temple bar and a round of 3 drinks that someone got at our table cost around 18 euro, 2 pints, guinness and erdinger, and a vodka and split
    Last time I ever buy you ****ers a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by xx
    The Bridge nice crowd (no scummers!),

The Bridge always has scummers in it!! It's where I like to pop in for a quiet(ish) drink when leaving town or whatever. Anytime I've been in there on Thur\Fri\Sat nights, it gets packed as a bástard. Also, they've got a major barfly problem if you're sitting at the bar.

Aside from that it's nice enough, but I wouldn't exactly call it quiet.
    There's bugger all places in Dublin that are quiet, and the ones I do know, I'd rather keep to myself I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

how much do you poor bastards pay for a pint in Dublin city center ?

I had the mispleasure of being in Zanzibar over the Christmas (not my choice venue) and was charged €10-something for A pint of Guinness and A pint of Budweiser. Bitch in the cloak room also ripped the lining in my f*cking jacket.....

I will not be going back there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

poor people ! The most anyone has ever paid in Cork is €3.90 in Reardons and that's a late night pub until 2am.€3.70 is the normal price for lager in Cork.

Advertisement